“Birthday dinner.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Birthday dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Last week, I made a reservation @ Bistro Merlot, as it was my birthday, the owner gave me a very warm welcome and sugessted me to take the lamb as main course.

The lamb was delicious, so good, it melted in my mounth, so good. This is something when you are in the area, you have to taste.

Once again, I was surprised of all the delicious and find food that i got served!

• Visited April 2013

88% Recommend
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Excellent treatment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Last week I have visited Bistro Merlot together with my girlfriend. We got a warm welcome from the owner and good guiding when ordering our meal.

Althoug there were a lot of people, we were not left alone and contiously we got the attention from the personel to keep us updated about the food and the surroundings and what was going on in Gothenburg.

The food was served very good, we ordered the chicken and the duck. Both were excellent. Specially the duck that in some restaurants can be dry, had a very good taste. After that there was time for the dessert and the Choclate fondue, that is just wonderfull.

Nice place to hang out, they serve the food very quicly and with high quality.

• Visited January 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Great food, excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Small and nice place. Very friendly staff, even when the restaurant was filled with customers, the waitor still was attending to our table in the corner. The food was great, with a very nice presentation. Located near the main street. Only dislike, if important to you, is that the view from the restaurant is into a boring crossing street from "avenyen".
Note: when we got there the restaurant was almost empty and they had sent home a waitor, but only a hour later the place was packed and they had to call the waitor back. Probably ok without reservation, but would not take the risk on a cold swedish night.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ghent, Belgium
“small but very cosy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Been here several times during my visits to Goteborg and I have never been disappointed . Good food and drinks for a fair price. Nice to sit , only inside as the terrace is not very big . But recommendable and You should try it too.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was recommended this by a friend of mine who lives in Gothenberg. It was a little over priced but the food was really good and the staff were great. I would recommend this to anyone and I will be back again.

• Visited April 2012