“Nice dinner with traditional food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurang Lingon

Restaurang Lingon
Svartbacksgatan 30, Uppsala 753 32, Sweden (Formerly Lingon Svenskt kok & bar)
+46 18 101224
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 268 Restaurants in Uppsala
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Nice dinner with traditional food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Four of us went to Lingon for dinner on the advice of the concierge at our hotel. The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere, and we had excellent service. I had a carpaccio appetizer (which was first rate) and Biff Rydberg for the main course. The beef dish was tasty but it was not very warm by the time it got to our table. My companions all had the meatballs, which I tasted--very good.
The portions were good--neither skimpy or overly generous. The cost was a bit on the pricey side (my meal cost 305 SEK=$47 US dollars, and that is without the price of the wine we had).

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Uppsala, Sweden
“Not really a place for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Took a group of eight here but perhaps a dinner review would be fairer for the place as the lunch menu is a bit sad to be honest. Three choices salmon, bacon and beef patty all with potatoes and a big bowl of salad to serve yourself from. Not really what I was expecting considering the reviews and comments from the guys at my work place.
The salad bar just looked empty with that one big bowl in the middle of it, two drink dispensing machines one with water and the other a red cordial type item.The food was good for what it was and the pricing fine. Lunch in Uppsala especially with a group can be found better but I need to come back for dinner to really give this a fair review.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cagliari
“cozy comfortable place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been here with some collegues from work while we were in Uppsala. We had a recommendation for this restaurant from the hotel staff. The place is very nice and cozy, you do get the relaxed Swedish atmosphere. The manager/owner/waiter (he did all these!) had a nice deep voice, one you won’t forget! He is very kind (but who isn’t, in Sweden). The food is very nice. I had the fried salmon, with a side salad (which really is just a side – but I have been told that the Swedes are not big on salads) and water, so did not pay so much. My friends had the moose, and they liked it, but they accompanied it with wine and had dessert too, so the overall bill for them was very expensive.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Uppsala, Sweden
“Average lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We went for lunch and I chose the ribs. Whilst waiting, we had the usual help-yourself salad with bread selection but also a chicken soup. We had to wait five minutes for the harassed staff to replenish the bowls so we could try it, but it was very busy. Quite peppery at first, which gave way to an incredible saltiness so I had to take water after every few mouthfuls. Also not chicken visible, so more of a 'chicken stock' soup.
The ribs were fine, the sauce a mite too strong on the tomato and wine side, but the potato wedges were surprisingly tasty, and the coleslaw didn't overdo the onion, so was also good.
I was uncomfortable as we were seated by the radiators which were on full in a packed room, and we'd come in from the crispness of autumn so were rather overwhelmed.
Overall, an average experience in what was obviously a popular and busy restaurant, staffed by people racing to help everyone as soon as possible.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

The meatballs? OK, but not great. The mashed patatoes with it was a large quantity but too much salt.
The seafood salad was tasty.
Sitting outside was nice
Sweden seems expensive country. Lounging seems to be the norm.

Visited July 2013