“Ralaxing & quiet oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kamalaya Koh Samui

and 1 more site!
You added Kamalaya Koh Samui to your Saves list
Kamalaya Koh Samui
4.0 of 5 Spa   |   102/9 Moo 3, Laem Set Rd, | Na-Mueang subdistrict, Laem Set, Ko Samui 84140, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Laem Set
Melbs
“Ralaxing & quiet oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed here last year for a much needed get away. I was in poor health, stress levels through the roof, grieving etc. I booked a stay here last minute as i really needed some time to myself. As soon as I arrived here I felt instant calm. The surroundings are beautiful, staff are more than lovely. The food was so healthy and tasty. I had the most delicious salmon and the salads were lovely. Bfast, lunch and dinner was a buffet of the healthiest but tasty food you can eat. All fresh.I feel in love with the snacks and juices that were included with the stay. The coconut ice cream was sooo good, I couldn't get enough!

Fresh fruit was in my room everyday, room was spacious clean and i had the view of the ocean. The classes were amazing! I loved the yoga & Qi Quong. I wanted to do other fitness classes but I was there to relax and decided to stick to that theme! The thing I liked about Kamalya is that it was quite acceptable to sit and eat on your won if you wished. You could join the communal table but there was no pressure to do so. I also loved that unlike other retreat programs, I could get up when I wanted and do whatever class I wanted so no need to set an alarm at the crack of dawn if I didn't want to!

I wanted a beach retreat and although they have a beach it's not the nicest beach. When I say not nice I don't mean dirty. It's just that there is not really sand, mostly rocks and you have to walk out quite a bit before you can swim.Still nice to sit on the beach lounges and have smoothies, lunch etc brought to you. The pools are lovely so you can relax by the pool or the beach.

I will admit that it is a little pricey but you will think it's worth it when you are there. They really do think of everything. Also, more cost effective if you get the packages as treatments can be pricey if you get them on their own. If you think you're worth it, book yourself a package stay here. I only stayed a week, next time it will be longer!

Room Tip: Depends on your budget but I got one of the hillside rooms over looking the ocean - pure bliss!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The perfect place to be spoilt and to regain a sense of self again. Plenty of options for classes and activities or the choice to do nothing at all but lie in a hammock and partake of deliciously healthy food and juices. I loved all the peaceful and idyllic spots to just sit and enjoy the view - admittedly the resort was very quiet with only about 30 guests so very little competition for lounge chairs around the pool o on the beach. My staff votes go to Suwit and Sit on the beach and Pae in the dining area. Jay Jay was always very efficient and helpful in reception.
On my last night i was s lucky to participate in the floating lantern event which is supposed to happen every week but had been cancelled several time recently due to strong winds. it was a perfect way to end the holiday. The communal table is a great way to meet other solo travellers - with very similar interests. The treatments? Fabulous - how to feel totally pampered and nurtured. A very special and spiritual place.

Room Tip: The ocean view hillside room are great as at the top of the hill and its downhill all the way! Clos...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Chengdu, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have visited Kamalaya twice now, once on my own and once with a friend. It really is a very special place and it leaves it's mark on all who stay there. A holistic approach to health and well being. The service, facilities and food cannot be faulted. Simply blissful

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have went to Kamalaya just by my self, after long days of searching for the right place to go. And my choice was absolutely right, Kamalaya is one of the best places to go if you looking for relax, healing, detox , yoga, meditations, massages and natural medicine. The most amazing place to be and experience what Kamalaya offers to you! I have been traveling a lot in my live but the time I have spend in Kamalaya is the most precious for me, and was so special.For me for unforgettable experience, and definitely I will be back very soon, like most of the visitors they keep coming back. I have meet so many lovely people over there from all over the world, the time we spend at dinner sharing own live experience and chatting about how wonderful treatment we had was just so pleasant. But if you like to be there by your self with your mind you can, no one will disturb you. The place is great if you traveling solo perfectly fine.
Most of the people I met over there have been before many times, there is something about Kamalaya, the moment you leave this place you just thinking about your next trip back.

I will recommend to take one of the wellness program.
The food is just amazing like everything over there, the menu has so much to offer is so hard to make decision but it does not matter what ever you chose is just so good! If you on detox, the detox meals are so beautiful test you probably wont realize you are on detox:), the food is organic, fresh just beautiful. Separate menu with all beautiful juices, coolers, so big variety, every drink is coming with explanation of benefits. The food is light and so well prepare and display so beautiful with so good test. By consuming this food I felt so healthy I have seen positive changes in my energy levels, I probably know before coming to Kamalaya, food is very important but this was another example of excellent nutrition's. My skin went from great detoxification and my skin and my hair were more healthy, specially after coconut oil head massage, leave the oil on your hair for all night and see the benefits!
The place is located on the heel with beautiful view over the sea with access to own beach. I would not recommend for older people with walking problems as you walk there a lot all the time up or down the hill. Or I will ask for the rooms around the dinning area and wellness facilities. I will recommend before coming there get fit a little bit . The rooms are so well design, with great harmony, no TV just the cd player but you don't miss the TV or computers, this place has so much to offer will keep you busy all day if you like. The computers and the TV is in library but have not use computer or watch the TV in all my time over there, you are in the different world:) Every evening is deliver to your room program for the next day what is happening in Kamalaya, you don't have to go if you don't like it, you are free over there, but most of the people are attending the programs because they are very interesting and you will learn a lot, I did attend most of them and it was for me unforgettable experience.
The wellness and the health facility's are in a beautiful location and so peaceful with the top star service, all service in Kamalaya is a world class. Everyone from the staff is so kind and helpful and treat you with big respect. I will recommended definitely The Thai hot compress massage was the most beautiful massage I had!
The day starts in Kamalaya early if you like of course , and I am not a morning person but over there I wake up so early and I could not wait to start my day with all activities, like yoga, one of the best yoga with Ann! After yoga meditation with Rajesh, pranayama. I could not miss this programs, great experience. Great teachers! Thank you!
For me was a live changing experience trip to Kamalaya, and what I learn over there I have brought home with me with continuation!
There are to many positives words to cover in a brief review. Overall I have to say Kamalaya is by far the best holidays experience I have ever had and I would like to think I have experienced more already share of luxury holidays around the world. Kamalaya is not a holidays is life changing experience!
Thank you to the founders of Kamalaya, Karina and John for so great Idea , to sharing with others people the best what we can experience in a lifetime, one of them is the spiritual journey. For creating this wonderful place, please continue!
Thank you to all people working in Kamalaya from the staff to the special visitors for making this place so special, amazing and unforgettable experience.
I will definitely come back:)!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. recommend close to dinning and wellness facilities.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Accra, Ghana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

To tell in few words its more like a journey to be in Kamalaya and not the destination. There are lot of things to do and keep oneself occupied depending on what your interests are. A great place to be on your own and at the same time nourish yourself with healthy but still tasty food and spa facilities.
Among many other good things around two key highlights in the resort as per me would be the staff and the cave which is the heart of the resort.

All the staff are doing great commendable job especially considering the terrain and nature of work. It looks real and not made up which makes it more pleasant. Not sure what drives them to have that zeal was looking for an answer but guess it can’t be an one stop solution. Among all interactions with Didi and Joy (especially when you undergo the not so likeable colon hydro) was the best...

The Arjan’s cave is simply great and the most relaxing place I felt after a very long time, you would feel empowered by a power within the small cave within yourself. While I did not see many going there but should not be missed if possible go everyday..

If you get time to go out of the resort then there are also many places outside to enjoy and good local joints.

Kamalaya for me has definitely become one of the resorts which will continue to be in To Go list whenever an opportunity comes up or schedule over a time period amongst the other must go’s…

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We have stayed four times over the last seven years and - comparing with other health resorts in different parts of the world - Kamalaya is the best place to relax and improve mental an physical health. Each time we have taken the Comprehensive Detox programme.
Treatments - excellent
Staff and service - excellent
Cuisine - excellent
Facilities - excellent
Location - excellent
What more could you ask for?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is my 3rd time visiting Kamalaya, Koh Samui. Words can hardly describe the experience at this magical place. I find this resort pure perfection at every level from the staff to the cuisine to the amazing one of a kind spa and wellness treatments.

If you are looking for a true transformational, relaxing and holistic wellness experience, I can't recommend a better place. I have traveled to over 33 Countries and countless hotels, resorts and spas, nothing can compare to this lovely paradise on earth.

Room Tip: The beach view Villas are spectacular as well as the hillside sea view rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Kamalaya Koh Samui? Share your experiences!