if you are looking for a 5 star hotel with a pretty lobby, fake smiles and a designer room overlooking a brick wall.... then this probably isn't the place for you. If you are looking for a place to really relax, get some sun by the pool and eat some of the best shrimp cakes I have ever tasted, then this place is awesome. When we first rocked up, we arrived early but our rooms were ready and after an overview of the facilities, a cool towel to the face and cup of juice we hopped in the buggy to get to our rooms.
My friend and I had booked the Ocean Rooms, 1 each and they're kinda like mini town houses. I took the bottom room and my friend had the top. The rooms cooled up really quickly with the air conditioning and I love a firm mattress so the bed was awesome for me and had some of the best nights sleep I have had in a while. I read a few other reviews about the beach not being that great, but to me they were pretty sweet, the sand was white and soft framed with palm trees. There isn't any surf, so maybe thats what others had issues with. Don't know, don't really care, since the views were great of the ocean, the beach, and we had our own mini pool... even saw some guy walking his cow along the coast... yep- that happened.
Being the super -coordinated person that I am, I did happen to break a toe while I was there. No fault of anyones but mine - but I guess a bit of advice could be: Don't run into the room for a scotch refill and forget the doorway has a step. Honestly though, when this happened - It was like the entire resort was made aware of it. Management were awesome, telling me about where to go to a doctor if I needed to, extra buggy rides to and from our rooms, and the spa worked their magic around it. OMG the spa - 3 visits and I still have no idea how the girls can throw me back into the best back stretch a 97kg guy could get. Unfortunately the treadmill in the gym was broken, but instead of just telling us "sorry, blah blah inconvenience blah" they organised for us to head into the gym in Lamai. Who goes to the gym whilst in Thailand? Well... us, and for the best because of all the food :)
The all inclusive package was a great idea for us too. We pretty much drank non stop and ate our way across the menu. But the best thing about the whole stay was the staff. I want to mention a few people - I know I will forget people (really, really sorry, I want to say everyone but I am horrible with names - I had to stalk name tags and write them down, not everyone was wearing them though)
Da - Best omelettes ever! never seen them cooked that way, but they were awesome. Pui - so much energy, could wrap you up and bring you home. James (007) cheers for the Bond style buggy rides. Chang - You learnt the cocktails I taught you and remembered them every time! Definitely put the espresso martini on the menu (it will have to go in a martini glass though) Maew and Nancy (hope i'm right there) - great drinks all round! Soe and Ye, Jet, Sai, Ali, Emma, Lif, Jane and Phil - I can't write a novel about everyone, but thanks for a great time! Anyway - This is part of the reason why we will be back, the staff made you feel so welcome, it was like home... which I guess is why there was a lot of families there. See you soon guys!
Lisa and Seon
- Also Known As:
- Samui Beach Village Hotel
- Samui Beach Village Hotel Koh Samui
- Samui Beach Village Ko Samui, Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Beach Village is a beachfront villa resort in Koh Samui, Thailand. We offer both luxury villas from 2 to 5 bedrooms each with private pools, daily maid service and everything you expect from a luxury resort. We also have 1 or 2 bedroom Ocean Rooms, along with a Clubhouse with Restaurant, Tennis Court, Fitness Center, Spa Center and more....all with 55 on-site staff and personal 5* hotel-style services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Samui Beach Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.