Santhiya is amazing but there's a lot to bear in mind:
1. the resort is stunning-beautifuly designed, amazing views, hotel amenities are great (lovely big pool, real nice private beach
2. amazing royal breakfast
3. the closest restaurant (just across the path way to the other beach- is the best to my opinion
4. the spa was amazing
1. the hotel is built on a steep hill. every time you need to go to the main big pool /beach/ next village for food/ 7/11, you must take the resort's boogie ride. they come every 10 minutes bit it's still quite annoying after the first thrill. ( i think it's a nightmare for parents with small kids)
2. i find it rude that the hotel does not offer a free ride to the resort. it's a long 45 minutes ride from the pier, the road is bad, bumpy, steep, dirt road, you pray the driver would not lose the breaks, not a fun ride to get t the resort, and when you do- you discover you pay for it 8$ per person. I think the hotel should not charge for that.
3. we had the pool access suite, it's lovely when you're sharing the pool with more quiet people, the place is amazing, but if you have loud guests- it can be a not s fun experience.
also the acoustics between the rooms is bad. go for the private pool villa
4. fellow Israelies- on jewish holidays, this hotel has more Israelies than any other nation, be prepared.
5. the resort is next to a quiet little village- not much to do at night/day time, plus it's far from other parts of Koh phangan (and hour away by long tail boat)
- Also Known As:
- Santhiya Hotel Thong Nai Pan
- Santhiya Hotel
- Santhiya Resort And Spa
- Santhiya Hotel Ko Phangan
- Santhiya Resort Ko Phangan
- Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa Ko Phangan, Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus is second to the highest villa category in the resort with 115sqm floor area and a truly unique character to show. Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus boasts its own personal infinity pools and a mini waterfall, picture-perfect panoramic sea view vistas along with a living room and open-air bathrooms. Perfect for newlyweds and honeymooners. Get lost in your very own luxurious private villa, the Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Splendia, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Otel, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.