“Great secluded resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   22/7 Moo 5 Bantai Koh Phangan | Thong Nai Pan Beach, Thong Nai Pan, Ko Phangan 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Thong Nai Pan
Molde, Norway
“Great secluded resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had a great time here from start to finish, and I did not encounter anything that could potentially reduce the score of this resort during my 10 day stay.

The staff was amazing during the entire stay, always greeting poilitely with a big smile, and there seemed to be figuratively an army of them ready to make your stay as good as possible. Housekeeping seem to have a 6th sense about when to come clean your room, and they do a very good job of it, the room was always clean, new towels everyday (unless you hang them on the rack, and sometimes even if you do), minibar and all bathroom extras are replenished at the same time. The private pool is also cleaned every single day.

The resort itself is beautiful, a bunch of small "villas" in a huge beautiful jungle garden which is very well taken care of. (not really villas, but certainly too luxurius to be called a bungalow, we`ll call them bungavillas),

I had a seaview villa the first four days, and a seaview villa with private pool the last six.
The basic seaview villa is very nice, and the hotel pool and beach area are nice and clean, so you would really not need the private pool, however I do not regret upgrading at all. If you can easely afford the extra cost, definately go with the pool villa.
I would however not book anything that`s not seaview. It looked like the basic villas were just the ground floor, and the seaview is the first floor. With the basic villa it seems you`ll just see bushes outside your window, and I`d expect them to have some bugs. However, don`t take my word for it, it`s just the way it looked like from walking through the resort.

The beach isn`t very child friendly though, in my honest opinion, it does have quite a bit of rocks, and the sand isn`t really sand, more like some sand mixed with fine gravel, and there are some bigger rocks in the water, so watch your toes.
The water also gets too deep for children a bit to fast I`d think.
However, as mentioned earlier, the pool are is very nice and clean, and there`s plenty of fun to be had in the pools for kids.

The beds are comfortable, and I slept very well, expect some noises from birds and various insects at night, the whole resort is a big jungle garden afterall.
I did not have any problems with mosquitos in my room, or in the fabulous outdoor bathroom, there certainly was one or two, but it`s impossible to have less, honestly. There are some small ants crawling around, but worst that can happen is that one crawls over your toe while sitting on the toilet, no big deal at all.

The two resturants are good, which they really have to be, since this place is very secluded and your options are very limited.
They have a 699THB dinner buffet every day, I thought it was a bit expensive, but the food was decent and the service is very good. You can still order from the menu for dinner.
I can recommend the fruit shakes, the apple shake is very refreshing.
The breakfast buffet was pretty good, not better or worse than other 5* resorts I`ve been to, if you can`t make yourself a decent breakfast at a buffet like this, you must have serious issues with food.
Expect some ants on the table in the beach resturants, and birds begging you for food at both resturants. (The birds tiptoeing around the tables are just too funny)

The internet worked perfectly every day for me, which is a big pluss, and there`s also a TV with lots of channels in your room.

As mentioned this resort is very secluded, it`s a long ride across the island from the harbor, and going there and back, especially for dinner/bars is not practical at all. It`s a long bumpy 300THB each way.

I`d also like to mention that the villas gets very hot during the day when the AC is off, I guess because the villas are built from wood, and not concrete/stone.

I`m sure I forgot to mention something, but this place is great, so if you go here, whatever I forgot will surely just be a positive surprise.

Thanks to all the staff for making my stay so nice.

One last tip to the resort; I noticed quite a bit of the wood is fading quite a bit, some of it almost starting to rot. I`d highly recommend treating the wood with clear coat or something similar quickly, before it acctually starts to rot. Replacing rotten wood would be quite a bit more expensive than just treating it before it`s too late.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

1,179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We have had a very memorable stay at the Santhiya Resort! Our Sea View Pool Villa suite was provided with a private pool and a view that was so stunning view that we almost did not want to leave our 'house'. Furthermore, the staff was very friendly and made us feel even more at home. We also loved the pool/beach combination. We usually started at the lovely little beach in the morning and then moved up a few metres to the big pool. We will definately come back to this resort!

Room Tip: The higher the villa is situated the better (view wise)! :)
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

It's always good to have dreams, it's even better when they become a reality. Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort is such a place. You feel as if you are on you own private island with few friends around you and staff that are heaven sent. On this lush, green island you can hide in canopy if tropical greenery or you can choose the cleanest beach you can imagine. Swim in the eternity pool looking over the endless ocean sipping a fruit shake. The only thing that comes from the outside is the boat that arrives twice a day with new guests and sails away with very reluctant ones. A Scandinavian family of five left one day only to return two days later as they did not enjoy the new resort as much as Santhiya. They were welcomed to their house with a "Welcome Home" written in orchids. But Santhiya does have a small secret, if you really don't want to miss out on the Full Moon Party there is this low key passage to the next beach where you have a choice of lively hotels, bars and restaurants. Restaurants featured on The Lonely Planet and my favourite hotel of Bangkok, the Anantara is on this beach. I really wish you were here......

Room Tip: The houses are fantastic, but I'm pleasantly surprised how comfortable the suites are. You reall...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Santhiya is a paradise of it's own! The hideaway pool villa where we stayed at was perfect for our honeymoon. The other facilities, as well as the amenities are of class. This together with a great service led by Ms. Mary Jane who welcomed us, made our stay perfect!
Although their private beach is not the best, 2 mins walk and then you have white sand and clear waters.

• Stayed November 2012
Vientiane, Vientiane, Laos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I spent four nights at this hotel for our honeymoon. It was a great expereince; the staff are extremely attentive, the attention to detail is exceptional, and their range of hotel room options is very impressive. We stayed in a pool villa, so we had our own pool! The pool is right off the bedroom suite, and had a great ocean/cove view. Couldn't have asked for a better location!

As far as the attention to detail, from the moment we got off the plane to the moment we were dropped off back at the airport a few days later, the hotel staff were very attentive, on time, and always had a plan. We arrived early, and before the speed boat to the resort, so the hotel picked us up from the airport and drove us to a local resort with a swimming pool where we were able to relax for a few hours until the speed boat departed. You are meet at the dock by a hotel staff member who speaks English. All staff are very helpful and friendly.

Getting into town is a bit hectic due to the road conditions (45 minutes of roller coaster like driving), but the resort is so nice that you really don't need to leave. If you want to get cheaper rates on food and other items, just down the beach is a small village which has the same options for excursions as the hotel, but at a signficantly reduced rate.

The breakfast was included in our rate, and the spread was impressive - pretty much all you could want for breakfast; my only comment on that is that the food wasn't quite as good as I would have expected, in that some of the bread items (croissants, danishes, etc) didn't seem fresh but perhaps of the frozen variety...

All in all, a great experience and well worth the price!

Room Tip: Pool Villa Suites are exceptional and not the much more expensive than other options.
Newcastle NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was a very memorable resort for my husband and I on our honeymoon in October 2012. We absolutely loved the location, the friendly staff, the awesome pool and the facilities. We highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Supreme Deluxe Pool Access room and absolutely loved it because of the sensational...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is just perfect hotel for those who want to escape from civilization and still need basic comfort. Amazing tropical nature, excellent see experience and unbelievably friendly staff – you will get all of it on top.
We spent 2 weeks in November 2012 at Santhyia and had carefully read various guests comments on different web sites. Usually, on the negative side you find poor beach, overpriced F&B, bad location with no accessibility to any activities. Also, monsoon season peak in November is mentioned as one of the major reasons why autumn is not the best time to visit Koh Phangan.
We were concerned but still decided to take a risk as the offer was very tempting and general hotel rating is high and it was smart decision in our case. The negative comments about the beach are definitely exaggerating because there is absolutely no problem with swimming on the hotel beach even though I have to admit that the beach nearby is objectively better due to much finer white sand. We still spent most of our time on the hotel beach and by the pool because of cleanness, beverage services and privacy. F&B prices are a bit more than double to free standing restaurants in the village but I found it fare taking into account the difference in the layout of the venues and all additional costs the hotel has to face. Still about 60% of our lunches and dinners we had in the village once we wanted to have stronger local touch.
As for hotel location it perfectly matched our desire to have calm and easy going vacation. The speed boat on arrival and departure served the best possible first impression and left the feeling that we will return back.
Special thanks to Mary Jane from reception who was just a star in her role!
PS: Only 2 rainy days within 2 weeks in November!!!

Room Tip: rooms with pool access is great value for money!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!