I had a great time here from start to finish, and I did not encounter anything that could potentially reduce the score of this resort during my 10 day stay.
The staff was amazing during the entire stay, always greeting poilitely with a big smile, and there seemed to be figuratively an army of them ready to make your stay as good as possible. Housekeeping seem to have a 6th sense about when to come clean your room, and they do a very good job of it, the room was always clean, new towels everyday (unless you hang them on the rack, and sometimes even if you do), minibar and all bathroom extras are replenished at the same time. The private pool is also cleaned every single day.
The resort itself is beautiful, a bunch of small "villas" in a huge beautiful jungle garden which is very well taken care of. (not really villas, but certainly too luxurius to be called a bungalow, we`ll call them bungavillas),
I had a seaview villa the first four days, and a seaview villa with private pool the last six.
The basic seaview villa is very nice, and the hotel pool and beach area are nice and clean, so you would really not need the private pool, however I do not regret upgrading at all. If you can easely afford the extra cost, definately go with the pool villa.
I would however not book anything that`s not seaview. It looked like the basic villas were just the ground floor, and the seaview is the first floor. With the basic villa it seems you`ll just see bushes outside your window, and I`d expect them to have some bugs. However, don`t take my word for it, it`s just the way it looked like from walking through the resort.
The beach isn`t very child friendly though, in my honest opinion, it does have quite a bit of rocks, and the sand isn`t really sand, more like some sand mixed with fine gravel, and there are some bigger rocks in the water, so watch your toes.
The water also gets too deep for children a bit to fast I`d think.
However, as mentioned earlier, the pool are is very nice and clean, and there`s plenty of fun to be had in the pools for kids.
The beds are comfortable, and I slept very well, expect some noises from birds and various insects at night, the whole resort is a big jungle garden afterall.
I did not have any problems with mosquitos in my room, or in the fabulous outdoor bathroom, there certainly was one or two, but it`s impossible to have less, honestly. There are some small ants crawling around, but worst that can happen is that one crawls over your toe while sitting on the toilet, no big deal at all.
The two resturants are good, which they really have to be, since this place is very secluded and your options are very limited.
They have a 699THB dinner buffet every day, I thought it was a bit expensive, but the food was decent and the service is very good. You can still order from the menu for dinner.
I can recommend the fruit shakes, the apple shake is very refreshing.
The breakfast buffet was pretty good, not better or worse than other 5* resorts I`ve been to, if you can`t make yourself a decent breakfast at a buffet like this, you must have serious issues with food.
Expect some ants on the table in the beach resturants, and birds begging you for food at both resturants. (The birds tiptoeing around the tables are just too funny)
The internet worked perfectly every day for me, which is a big pluss, and there`s also a TV with lots of channels in your room.
As mentioned this resort is very secluded, it`s a long ride across the island from the harbor, and going there and back, especially for dinner/bars is not practical at all. It`s a long bumpy 300THB each way.
I`d also like to mention that the villas gets very hot during the day when the AC is off, I guess because the villas are built from wood, and not concrete/stone.
I`m sure I forgot to mention something, but this place is great, so if you go here, whatever I forgot will surely just be a positive surprise.
Thanks to all the staff for making my stay so nice.
One last tip to the resort; I noticed quite a bit of the wood is fading quite a bit, some of it almost starting to rot. I`d highly recommend treating the wood with clear coat or something similar quickly, before it acctually starts to rot. Replacing rotten wood would be quite a bit more expensive than just treating it before it`s too late.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus is second to the highest villa category in the resort with 115sqm floor area and a truly unique character to show. Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus boasts its own personal infinity pools and a mini waterfall, picture-perfect panoramic sea view vistas along with a living room and open-air bathrooms. Perfect for newlyweds and honeymooners. Get lost in your very own luxurious private villa, the Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santhiya Hotel Thong Nai Pan
- Santhiya Resort And Spa
- Santhiya Hotel Ko Phangan
- Santhiya Resort Ko Phangan
- Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa Ko Phangan, Thailand