The property is quite far from the Sala pier and well suited for honeymooners or leisure seekers far away from the crazy full moon party crowd. I was staying for 3 nights and booked through another sales channel than their website.
* authentic lanna thaistyle property with lots of wood in the middle of the nature
* operational service staff (cleaner, cook, room service...) quite friendly trying to make an effort
* prices through other than the website booking channel comparably low (up to 55%)
* food quality among the worst I have ever tasted in a 4* resort. Seafood BBQ is not fresh (food was waved) and the buffet types didn't vary. we spoke to locals and they confirmed that the food is not always fresh and not prepared fresh. breakfast selection was comprehensive, however cheese was not preserved well and there were lots of ants nibbling at the buffet too. in addition many birds occupied the breakfast room and this can turn out quite bothersome. we found some dead birds on the way to the breakfast too.
* All prices seen in the resort were quoted as "++", adding ~20% on everything consumed in the resort. I found it really bothering to do the calculation every time. I know a bunch of other resorts that quote net prices which relaxes the mind on a holiday.
* Spa was at totally inflated hotel prices. Comparing a 1h foot massage for 1800THB at the resort to a net price of 400 at Tanaporn’s massage house in the village I wonder what would justify a price multiple of 4.5. Massage services in the village were quite alright.
* Transportation service from Thong Sala Pier for 1500THB was about 50% more expensive than offered transportation of people from the village and they even had the better car?!
* Room categories are hold very intransparent. A hideaway pool villa differs from the sea view pool villa by the amount of trees planted in front of the pool. There were some hideaway villas which had partial ocean view too. The provided map of the resort also doesn't indicate clear differentiation of room types.
* low customer orientation from the front desk after problems with a hotel voucher. despite i was told that i could stay in the room i checked in i had to pay an unjustified "upsell" charge by the time of checkout... at local hotel price (about ~80EUR). no interest of an amicable agreement but rather ripping off the customer.
* photo which was promised by the time of checkin was not taken
* thai-speaking capability of all service staff not given and very low amount of local guests
* beach is rather rocky and not soft sandy as the beach next door is (Anantara....)
In general, the only point to choose this resort is its location and the lanna design. Since all kinds of services were much better outside compared to the resort I don't see the point in staying there. 3 days were long enough.
- Also Known As:
- Santhiya Hotel
- Santhiya Resort And Spa
- Santhiya Hotel Thong Nai Pan
- Santhiya Hotel Ko Phangan
- Santhiya Resort Ko Phangan
- Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus is second to the highest villa category in the resort with 115sqm floor area and a truly unique character to show. Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus boasts its own personal infinity pools and a mini waterfall, picture-perfect panoramic sea view vistas along with a living room and open-air bathrooms. Perfect for newlyweds and honeymooners. Get lost in your very own luxurious private villa, the Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Expedia, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, HostelBookers, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.