We loved our stay at the Baan Panburi, it was a great location and great price. As a family of six my husband and 4 children ages 4,5,6 and 11 we booked two beach front rooms. Both of these huts had a double bed and a day bed. We were happy to have one parent in each of the huts over night with the children we didn't feel it was safe enough to leave the children alone in a hut by themselves. But it may have been ok you never know. We made it work.
There was no TV or minbar fridge. We didn't miss having the TV as the kids seemed to spend most of the time playing on the beach or with Ting the resort manager. He was great, the kids went with Ting exploring the beach while we watched on from our deck chairs. The resort staff were very friendly and they we very accommadating in cooking plain food for our children. The kids favourite meal which sounds very boring was steamed rice and plain fried chicken. The staff loved our kids and they often kicked the football around with them outside our huts they would do our girls hair in braids. We also got free transfers to the other beach in the back of the work ute which the kids loved.
We missed having a minibar fridge as we couldn't keep any drinks we brought from the supermarket cold. In saying that the drinks from the resort were cheap enough. Just to give you an idea of cost of food and drinks: Large bottles of water were 40bht, A Chicken sandwich was 90bht, BLTs 110bht, Hamburger 120bth, hot chips 90bht, Garlich bread 80bth. The thai food 130bht for something like chicken green curry on rice. Happy hr from 5 til 6:30 Large beer 80bht small beers 50bht cocktails 110bht.
One of my highlights was no housework or laundry. We just gave a large bag of laundry in the morning and I think it was something like 40bht per kg the clothes were washed and nicely folded. The accomodation was basic but we did have the luxury of airconditioning not just a fan, for a family of six it was cheap and cheerful we paid 2000bht for the two huts a night no extra cost for children using the day beds. They didn't have bed linen for the day beds when we asked they just gave us an oversized towel to use as a blanket. Which was ok as it didn't get cold. The kids had to get use to the idea of not putting the toilet paper into the toilet. Next door at the dolphin is a great place to get coffee and listen to some relaxing music.
Overall we enjoyed our time there and happy to recommend the place if you are looking for a relaxing place to stay, that is clean and has friendly staff. Great value for money.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Panburi Village At Yai Beach Hotel Koh Phangan
- Baan Panburi Village At Yai Beach Hotel
- Baan Panburi Hotel
- Baan Panburi Village At Yai Beach Koh Phangan, Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Natural Thai huts located on famed Thong Nai Pan Noi Beach. Traditional Southern Accommodation with great prices and unbeatable atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Baan Panburi Village At Yai Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.