“Small Room, with no wardrobe or drawers.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
30% discount
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Orebro
Brereton, UK
“Small Room, with no wardrobe or drawers.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The young man on the reception was friendly and helpful, within the limitations of the hotel. The fish-tank was a pleasant addition, It was nice to see that the fish in it were healthy, and their tank was obviouly well taken care of and clean.

I walked into my room, 624, and was amazed at how small it was. It suddenly didn't seem as small, however, once I saw the bathroom, which was tiny. To be fair, the room and bathroom were both clean, and the room was comfortable. The single bed was very comfortable. The television had a fair selection of channels, which were Swedish in origin, but were not dubbed into Swedish on English-speaking programmes. They chose instead to leave them in English with Swedish subtitles. (An excellent idea in my opinion.) The thing that really amazed me was the total lack of wardrobes. I have never witnessed that before. There is a sort of wooden frame with two racks, and a half-dozen hangers. This blocks access to the door. Also, the hangers cannot hang straight, as they are wider than the space between the rack and the wall. You have to hang them at an angle. To be fair, the young man on reception did offer me a larger room, but, when I was told they also did not have wardrobes, I decided I would stay put.

The shower was poor. The water was too cool, and would not go higher. It also started to go colder after a minute or two. The shampoo was provided in a wall hung receptacle, and was difficult to get any. (Not sure if it needed topping up, or it was poorly designed.) The shampoo I did get out was of very poor quality, and provided very little lather. The towels were of good size and quality.

Breakfast was average to good. I did appreciate the bread rolls, which were tasty and still warm. There was plenty of choice, and the staff were helpful. There is no restaurant facility apart from breakfast.

The free Wi-fi was quick, and easy to access.

Room Tip: Even though I was on the side with the main road the room was quiet enough.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pernilla E, Manager at BEST WESTERN City Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Sir,

I´m Sorry that you didnt had a pleasent stay at our hotel.
During a few months we are renovating the hotel.

You are very welcome to visit us again.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The exterior of the hotel is very dull, and the reception area ordinary.
However, the room is rather cozy. It seems to be rather newly renovated with utilitarian furniture and bathroom. The hard wooden floor is nice as well.

The room (#615) is very small (narrow!) indeed: The length approx 6,00 m (19,7 feet) x the width only 2,20 m (7,2 feet).
As the width of the bed was 1,50 m (4,92 feet), the room es very narrow.
Even the TV-set was the smallest one I ever experienced in a hotel rom.

The bed (madras) was good, as were the pillows, and I slept very good during the whole night with the window opened.

The most positive experience with my one night stay was the diversity and the range of items at the breakfast buffet. Even the different types of bread were very good. The breakfast room itself is however situated at the second floor without any windows (i.e. you feel quite trapped and as sitting in a bunker).

Taking into consideration the rate I paid for the overnight stay, breakfast included, I really think that I got a nice value for my (i.e. my employers) money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pernilla E, Manager at BEST WESTERN City Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments.

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

You are most welcome to visit Best Western City Hotel.
Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Spent one night in February here. The hotel has virtually no lobby (four chairs in the entrance). But my room (601) was newly renovated and nice. Despite a busy street outside, it was completely quiet in the room. Breakfast was good but not outstanding.

In summary, an nice hotel for a good price for a night, but nothing more than that.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

The hotel offers cosy rooms, good breakfast in central Örebro only a few hundred meters from the railwaystation and the pedestrian area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Saint-Cloud, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

How can this hotel be rated 4 stars?
I should have believed my travel book when it is written 4-stars hotels in Sweden are sometimes just regular 2-stars hotels in France.

This time, I put too much belief in the other reviews from TripAdvisor.

One guy writing down that rooms are spatious... I have never experienced a smaller room. The guy was single? did he have a deluxe room?
My room had a double bed (not even queen sized) and the space left barely allowed me to enter with my stroller (umbrella style) or with my luggage.
There are lots of coat-hangers but you cannot hang anything otherwise you cannot exit your room. There is no space at all in this room!!!

Room was clean when we first entered but later during our stay nobody came to vaccum the floor.
There was no more soap for the shower, so we asked about it and the person at the lobby gave us a refill bottle that she didn't know how to install neither did we... and the cleaning service at the morning didn't install it either...
There is no little bottles for shampoo, soap, or any other stuff.

Bed is comfortable. Location is great, not far from the shopping centers, university, castel...

And to finish worst thing: there was mold on pancakes for breakfast. Then for sure, I had a very accurate look at everything else that I got for breakfast.

Conclusion: a 2-stars hotel at this price is a shame! I never went to a Best Western Hotel, not sure that I will go back...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Umea, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

A nice hotel in the centre of Örebro, close to the castle, the stores and the nightlife of the city. Friendly staff and nice breakfast, clean room and comfortable bed. Strongly recommended!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Munich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

The contemporary building does not look too inviting but the interior is nice and very clean. Same for the rooms that are super clean !, nice and spacious, beds are good, free wifi, excellent breakfast with fresh fruit, a wide choice of healthy and less healthy things. Absolutely to be recommended. Centrally located. External garage against fee.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN City Hotel? Share your experiences!