“Busy, maybe because good food...?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Michelangelo

Michelangelo
Vasterlanggatan 62, Stockholm 111 29, Sweden (Södermalm)
+46 8 21 50 99
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #612 of 1,969 restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Södermalm
Prague
“Busy, maybe because good food...?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

They have very good food in this italien restaurant. The staff is polite, but very busy. You need to wait to be seated especialy in evening. The restaurant is full often, don't go here if you want to have romantic and quiet dinner.

47% Recommend
  • Greek first
Wollongong
“Average food, poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here for dinner during a holiday in Stockholm. We were seated right away. Orders were a bit slow to be taken, food took a while. Very average food. Pizza toppings very skimpy except cheese and olives. Seemed to be few staff serving . 20' minute wait for dessert menu, finally got bill, went to counter to pay as waiter had disappeared. The girl at counter was very rude and told us we had to go back to our table and wait to pay.
Lots of better restaurants in the area. Go somewhere else.

Visited October 2013
Winona
“Random selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

A group of us came in off the street. They struggled a bit to accommodate ten but got it together in the end. The first waiter thought he was being funny but was nasty with his comments. One of my colleagues spoke Italian and quickly we had a new waiter. Make sure you try the chilli infused olive oil - spectacularly good as is the bread, If you are not into carbs then this is a place to avoid.

Visited October 2013
La Spezia, Italy
“Food poisoning!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were looking for a place to have lunch on our first day in the city and stumbled randomly upon this place, not realizing it was Italian (we live in Italy). We were really hungry so we decided to order anyway, I ordered off the lunch menu as it was more authentic Swedish food and my partner had a pizza. First off, you felt like a cow being herded into this place as it had too many tables for the space, it was crowded and the wait staff were overworked and hassled.

My husband's pizza was okay, but my fish order was suspect as the tiny fish tasted as if they had been frozen. The sauce tasted okay but I had no idea what was in it, as I said I was hungry so I gave it a go. About halfway through, I found a piece of plastic in my food. At that point the waiter had already forgotten about my drink twice and didn't bring us cutlery for a long time so I didn't even bother telling him about the plastic. I could tell it wouldn't matter and the meal was cheap anyway. I stopped eating and we asked for the bill.

Our bill charged us for bottled water when we clearly had tap water, a nice trick to get more money out of unsuspecting tourists. Luckily we pay attention. About a half hour after leaving, I got a horrible stomach ache that lasted for hours and was so bad that I was doubled over in pain. Our first day in Stockholm ended with me having to find a pharmacy and we ended up at our hotel early, I was so ill I could barely eat the rest of the day. Followed by another day of being very very sick (leaving me with only one healthy day to see the city, a huge disappointment). I can assure you that I am careful what I eat and I had eaten nothing else that day that could have made me so sick.

Don't eat here. From what we saw, it is a cheap place using poor quality food that caters to large tour groups. Their food ruined my trip to Stockholm, don't let it ruin yours. We had a better meal at a coffee shop anther day, even McDonald's is better than this place, and that's saying something.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tallinn, Estonia
“Towel was dirt...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I found the towel very dirt and full of spots. I complained with the waiter that instead to apologize preferred to bring me on the door. Not exactly an italian friendly welcome... awful situation.

• Visited September 2013