“The Disappointment” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Jensens Bofhus

Jensens Bofhus
Sveavagen 53, Stockholm, Sweden (Norrmalm)
+46 08 - 30 09 50
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
Kyiv, Ukraine
“The Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had to wait for an order for too long. The received item was not the one which was ordered. Indifferent attitude.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

30% Recommend
Barcelona, Spain
“Appalling”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I never write bad reviews on TripAdvisor. Ever. Anyone can have a bad night. But this was beyond bad - it was a freaking horror movie. Had I read the reviews on TA I'd have never set foot on the place and strongly encourage you not to. We were coming back from a wonderful Bruce Springsteen concert by train and next to Centralstation the only open options (midnight) were McD, BK or Jensens Bofhus. We enquired if they still served food and they said yes, though they'd take one last order right way. Perfect for us, we were hungry and tired. So we sat and shortly afterwards our order was taken (two chicken breasts, garlic bread, and two bottles water). The water came right way. Then twenty minutes passed. The waitress had mentioned the garlic bread could not come out before as a starter, one order only per table. We thought it was strange, but maybe then in Sweden this is how it works. Another few minutes went by, other tables that had arrived AFTER us were being served, still no chicken and no bread. And then to our dismay the waitress presented the bill! Saying that "she had to close the wallet". My husband asked for the food and she promised it would come in a minute or two, then left. So, half an hour, water, no chicken, no bread, one bill (257 SEK). Another waiter brought the food, which was OK but by then we were hungry, tired and upset. The waitress appeared promptly "Now may I charge the bill??" to which I decided to respond, "Yes, in a minute or two, may I finish the chicken please?" and she was in a rage. She actually started screaming! She had to close her wallet! I told her this was surely umpleasant for her but it was all the more unpleasant for us who were trying to have a nice meal. She apologised ironically then threw her arms up in the air and left in a stampede. When we actually finished (about ten minutes later) there was no-one to pay to. We had to wait for someone else to pay and then left, almost shaking. All the nice concert feelings were gone, and, of course, we hadn't had any dessert or coffee and by then everything was closed. I have never seen something like this not even in poor countries or small places. Utterly appalling, I have no other word.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Visited on third night. Very good value and lovely steak and ribs. Good portions and pleasant surroundings.

Visited April 2013
Kazan, Russia
“the best and cheapest beef stake in Stockholm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I found out this freat place on "Stockholm Free tour" excursion. Anyone can get it, it's about 10 minutes by foot from the place with a table, where Ulof Palme was killed, you will see this place on free tour.
I was amused, that very fresh, very cheap beef stake you can try in center of Stockholm! For example, stake and beer in nearest Irish pubs will be twice by price as minimum and you also will wait about 15-20 minutes your order)
I recommend this place for everyday lunch!
Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Dismal attitudes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Attracted by special steak advert for 90sk and hungry after a long day on foot we tried Jensen
The staff were not friendly and the steak, albeit rare was raw, cold and tough
A dismal affair
Would not recommend. Rather spend a bit more and get atmosphere and hot food
John and Sharon, Cape Town