“Good food, but be prepared for the price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pontus!

Pontus!
Norrlandsgatan 33, Stockholm 111 38, Sweden (Norrmalm)
08-54 52 73 00
Improve this listing
Ranked #454 of 2,173 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: International, Swedish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, but be prepared for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our hotel was only over the road from this place, so we thought we'd try it out. I had tried to make a reservation by email to which I received a response along the lines of 'we will we happy to welcome you between 6pm and 9:15pm'. So I presumed it was fine to turn up between these times. However on arriving the host said he had a table booked for me at 6pm and we were 3 hours late! After explaining what was said to me and the fact our flight had been delayed so we couldn't have come any earlier he said they would find us a table and sent us off to the bar for a drink. This was fine, but a glass of wine and beer came to £18! Just be warned that this place is even more expensive than your usual expensive swedish hangout. We were finally seated 20 minutes later even though it did look to me like there were a few empty tables. I ordered the pontus wagu burger and my boyfriend the conft duck. Both were excellent...ridiculously rich and indulgent. The burger melted in the mouth (although the half a head of lettuce was a little pointless and too much), the chips and truffle mayo were also incredible. We were very happy with our meal and despite the reservation issue left full and considerably poorer, but I must say I have probably paid more for worse meals in London!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Stockholm
“The balcony was fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We sat on an upper level. Perfect for up two 20 people. Frank gave us a talk on oysters. Entrecôte, Cheese, Parfait. All great.

Visited January 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“Nice location and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Amazing lunch - the restaurant looks great. When entering go to the lower room (direction ladies), this room looks like a hudge library - fancy. I had a nice fish, very tasty, great service.

Can only recommend and will come again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Service was great. My friend wanted to just have dessert and this was no problem for the restaurant. Would def go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederiksberg, Denmark
“One of my favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

It is a place that can serve you in different ways as depending on your mood you can chose between 3 different types of eating in the same place. I tend to take the fish area as I like the food there and the service is swift and friendly. I have never been disappointed of the quality of the food and I especially enjoy taking "the box" on the menu as it is a great meal and really tasty.

• Visited November 2012