“Authentic restaurant with lush settings and excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #503 of 2,177 Restaurants in Stockholm
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Stockholm, Sweden
“Authentic restaurant with lush settings and excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I took my boss here when he was visiting Stockholm which was quite a long shot as he is French and this place serves French food. He is very picky and has been to some of the best restaurants in the world so I was the least to say nervous he wouldn't like it. I had been with my family a few months back and all of us were thrilled with the menu then. Turns out my boss really enjoyed the food and the suggested wine to accompany the four dishes.

I actually have a close friend who have worked in the kitchen and they are extremely picky chefs working at this place, they wouldn't send out a plate that is not approved. Plus gluten intolerant/wheat intolerant will not have a problem here as a bell goes off in the kitchen when a guest with intolerance arrive and they really know about the problem.

I can say you will not be disappointed if you choose to spend an evening in Le Rouge, Try to book in advance if you're going here with business colleagues as the tables stand pretty close to one another in case you want privacy.

Recommendable!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Manchester
“Excellent lunch in Stockholm's Old Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

After trawling around to try and find somewhere for lunch we came across this brasserie and managed to get an outside table albeit it somewhat precariously positioned on their outside deck.We simply enjoyed (my wife and I) a cool glass of lager and a very good hamburger.I know this doesn't amount to much but believe me the quality of the food and the presentation were second to none and I can only assume that the rest of their menu is as good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good for cocktails, not for food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

After wandering through Gamla Stan for quite a while, we landed on this place for dinner. The outside seating area looked nice, and inside have a fun lounge-like atmosphere. The service was really good, and the drinks were tasty. The food, however, leaves a bit to be desired. Since even basic eating out is not cheap in Stockholm, I would recommend skipping for a meal, but definitely stopping by afterwards for drinks.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Lovely space, excellent food and good value in Old Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The outdoor space at this attractive restaurant was packed at lunchtime so we reluctantly went inside on a sunny spring day. And we were glad we did. It's a very pretty, relatively quiet space with comfortable seating. The service was excellent and the food as well, inviting us to linger over a glass of wine. The plat du jour offered good value.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stockholm, Sweden
“Cozy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went here for dinner, the experience was nice. It was very Moulan Rouge indeed. Very cozy and they went all in with the people working there wearing pretty outfits. Cozy place for a drink as well.