“Hipsters choice” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Stockholm, Sweden
“Hipsters choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Busy friendly restaurant with excellent food. Booking is a must but is worth a visit if you don't want to hit a Michelin star restaurant. This one is just a tiny nodge below!

Visited April 2014

• Finnish first
London
“A fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My fiancé and I opted for this place on the basis of the trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed.

The restaurant itself is busy, and fairly cramped, but this doesn't take away from the experience. We were sat in a window seat away from the central hustle.

Each starter and main course had a pairing wine which, I found, worked very well. A lovely, sweet wine with the foie gras on warm lettuce and a dark tempranillo with the melt-in-the-mouth ox cheek. Our water was friendly and available without being officious. He was clearly knowledgeable and made good recommendations.

The meal itself was expensive but a perfect end to a day and a great experience that I will talk about for a long time!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and great service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We went here during a weekend break in Stockholm. Based on the reviews in TripAdvisor, I'd booked a table a few weeks in advance. I'm glad I did because the restaurant was packed. We got a table in a raised platform by the window, which you could get to by climbing up a small ladder.

The menu and food were outstanding. I had scallops to start and wolffish for main, along with the recommended pairing wines. Both courses were just right - full of flavour, not too big and not too small. For dessert I had the Charlotte Russe - which I'm still fantasising about eating again.

Price wise, its certainly an expensive restaurant. For two three course meals with wine, it was definitely above average in terms of price. However, it cost less than some houses... so...

Anyway, I highly recommend this restaurant, and I will definitely go again next time I'm in Stockholm

Munich, Germany
“Seriously overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Nice starters but overpriced: asparagus with very little fish roe. Mains without finesse: sweetbreads thickly coated with bread crumbs, deep fried and swimming in a kind of mayo, fish on overcooked pasta in marinara sauce, all overly salted. Depressing desserts. OK, they got a bib on the Michelin at some point some time ago and then what? They started to relax....
Not worth the price and any mention in Michelin totally misleading.

Visited May 2014
“Great find and well deserved bib gourmand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Found this in the Michelin Guide and within walking distance of our hotel. We walked in on a Monday and the place was full, so unfortunately a place at the bar instead of a table. No problem, it was immediately clear this was worth it.
The service was great and we were started off with a couple of beers and an intriguing menu. We decided on the specials instead as they sourced a calf and we chose the Vitello Tonnato with lovely veal and raw tuna, beautiful, followed by roasted veal with mince, roasted vegetables and an amazing jus.
The wine choices are tempting, but you'd struggle to find a wine under 500kr. The Italian we settled on was perfect for the occasion and we finished the bottle just in time to select a vintage port with our cheeses.

This was amazing and one of the best meals I have had In a long time. Hope I can go to Stockholm again soon!

Visited May 2014