“Excellent Beer and Good Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Akkurat Bar & Restaurang

Akkurat Bar & Restaurang
Hornsgatan 18, Stockholm 11820, Sweden (Södermalm)
08-644-00-15
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 1,969 restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: European, Continental
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Södermalm
Hartsville, South Carolina
“Excellent Beer and Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

For beer, Akkurat is awesome. Over 40 beers on draft and many more in bottles. Even some very good Swedish beers (Sweden's reputation is for mediocre, weak beers), but I had one that was 6.5% and a Barley Wine version that was even stronger and they were quite good. Food menu goes well beyond typical pub food and it was good, if not very good. We found the dinner scene in Stockholm very difficult (every restarant was full or a long wait) and Akkurat was easy in comparison. We would definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice lunch, very friendly staf and amazing beer choice. When i was there iy was not too busy so nice atmosphere

Karlskrona
“Impressive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went there a Sunday evening and got a pleasant surprise. The beer list was impressive, the whiskey list was very good and the food was excellent.

A lot of nice word for a restaurant that from the outside looks like nothing much. But they say that the inside is the most important. On the inside you'll find a very big and updated beer assortment a friendly and helpfull staff.

On their web page they suggest you do the reservation online. I tried to do this the same evening we intended to go there and that was not possible. By phone I was informed that they had no tables left for booking but that they had some left for drop by. So we I put on my fast shoes and we got over there.

They waitress was up to sped about what beer could go together with what and we had bouillabaisse and burger for food. I was impressed.

When we finished a band started playing. This might not be something for my parents who thinks that rock music is the work of the devil. But for a lot of people it was awesome.

Two persons dinner with a couple of beers and I was only set back with 1000 SEK is perfect.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent for beer... food so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had read about this place before visiting and when we stubbled upon it decided to give it a try for dinner. The place looks absolutely amazing inside and is truly an amazing place for a beer. It was very busy but we were able to get a seat. We both ordered mussels with fries and a drink. I love mussels but I have to say I was a bit disappointment in them. Neither my mussels or my boyfriends were properly de-bearded, which was a bit unpleasant. The sauces were also a bit watery. Saying that the bread and butter given to you when you order was out of this world and the fries were also pretty great. All in all it was ok, but not great. Reasonably priced for Stockholm, although the beer that equated to 22 GBP was a bit of shock- needless to say we didn't order that one!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“Stockholm beersafari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place was number one on my "must visit" places when I made my foursquare Stockholm Beersafaritrip. It totally lived up to my expectations, and more so. Located in a somewhat nondescript building at the north end of 'Söder', Akkurat is listed as a "whiskeybar", and I'm sure their whiskey is great, but for me, this is 'craftbeer heaven'. They have an extensive list of beer, some amazing rareties, some strange oddities and lots of beers stored for several years. The guys who worked here when I arrived in early May, could smell my interest in craftbeers a long way off, and I was treated like a dignitary. I got some good suggestions, and several taste samples. My big "beerwishes" were to drink 'Stormaktsporter' and something from Dogfish Head, and I got to do both. Also, this place is a great introduction to swedish craftbrewing, even for a norwegian like me, who had what I thought was a pretty good grasp on things.

I can only tell you to get to this place as quickly as possible, bring enough money and have a blast!

• Visited May 2013