“The best fish restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wedholms Fisk

Wedholms Fisk
Nybrokajen 17, Stockholm 11148, Sweden (Norrmalm)
08-611-78-74
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 2,128 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Swedish, Continental
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
Description: Wedholms Fisk has been in its current location by Nybrokajen since 1985. Many of the staff, both amongst the pots and pans as well as amongst the tables, have been there since the doors were first thrown open to the first expectant guests. However, this does mean that time has stood still - the kitchen gleams with newly installed top of the range equipment and an inspiration to keep abreast of developments in food and cuisine.
Windsor, California
“The best fish restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had monk fish with a beautiful white burgundy. Hammond had Dover Sole in a champagne cream sauce with Alaskan King crab. We will definitely go back on our next visit to Stockholm

Visited May 2013

Singapore, Singapore
“Fresh fish in an elegant setting.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Wedholms sits along the stockholm harbour and provides an elegant setting for having seafood. The specialities are sole, turbot, scallops and also offers a big range of caviar. The fish is simply done (grilled or boiled) so guests can taste the freshness of the seafood. I also had the seafood soup with aioli and crotons and again the simplicity of the cream broth with chucks of fish and shrimp was outstanding.

Dining here is a luxury but in terms of the freshness of seafood, it met all expectations.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Superb meal at fish restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Do not miss this excellent fish restaurant at the center of Stockholm. We were served an exquisit meal at Wedholm Fisk - first lögrom with a South African tasty white wine - main meal a grilled pigvar with fresh asparagus. Very delicious

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent fish restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a Monday night and it was full. I can understand why. The fish was delicious. My husband had wonderrful grilled scallops for an appetizer and I had a nothing special green salad. We both had the sole for our main course and it was delicious. So fresh and perfectly prepared. It was a huge portion of fish (the whole fish fileted) and I couldn't finish it. The fish is definitely pricey but excellent. The place is simply decorated and the wait staff - no nonsense (or chit chat) but highly efficient. My husband had a martini and it was on the small side and not dry enough to his taste. My husband had special berries from northern Sweden for dessert with ice cream. The ice cream was delicious but the berries had too many seeds for me. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a wonderful fish meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Lovely local food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We lucked in on a nice restaurant on our first night in Stockholm and wanted to try some local regional foods, well this is certainly it. Well healed and beautifully located, with a plethora of female waiters who are very helpful indeed. My partner chose herring which were served with egg, leak, onion with a burnt butter sauce. He really enjoyed it but be warned it was hearty. I have seafood soup which was creamier than the ones I've been having in scandinavia, and I thought a little less intense in flavour to those I'd had in Norway, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. The sides of bread were delicious and showed off the different ways bread is served in Norway. For our mains he had scallops which were from Halifax Canada and my partner said cooked to perfection, but he was a little dismayed as they were again in butter (he didn't realise) and red caviar. So the sauce was a little buttery overlead. I had salmon with "stomped' potatoes and the portion was HUGE! The salmon was grilled and perfectly cooked, moist and a good flavour. The pototaes definitely had horseradish cream on them and anchovies over the top but I also felt a hint of cinnamon, was I dreaming, or was is the mix of horseradish and achovie? Nevertheless I enjoyed it but could not finish it - the potato portion was for 3! The meal was about 1500SEK including a bottle of wine of about 540SEK. If you don't like buttery sauces quiz them and ask perhaps if you could have the sauces on the side and add your own butter!!!

Visited April 2013