“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Up to 15% OFF Room rate
Ranked #33 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My boyfriend took me for a surprise weekend break to Stockholm.

Location: the hotel was a few minutes walk away from the train station which had a direct train to the airport. So convenient and easy to find. We could leave our bags in the manned bag drop which was really helpful for when we arrived before we could check in our room and when we wanted to explore the city after we had checked out.

The decor: beautiful, modern, unique and just really great. The lifts have different music themes which I really enjoyed. The hotel lounge/coffee area was a combination of little tables and this beautiful display of books and furniture. Fresh lemon water was available and a plate of gingerbread cookies. It was perfect!

The staff: the reception team were amazing, so helpful and willing to accommodate our needs even when I requested extra duvets at 1am. They called and made bookings for us at a restaurant we had been recommended and also phoned to inform them we would be 15 minutes late on our way out. We also forgot a UK plug adapter which they then provided and insisted on bring up to our room. Everyone was so friendly and it was extremely warm and welcoming.

The room: the view from the room was incredible, we were on the top floor and the view over a little square was just perfection. The wet room shower next to bath was great and they provided different coloured towels for differentiation which I thought was a lovely touch. It was spacious even with a double bed and two chairs by the window.

The food: we opted in for the breakfast buffet of which there was a great variety and choice. I really enjoyed the fact that they were catering to other people's need etc. with soy milk available. The bread was so soft and fresh!

The only concern I have was what is done with all the left overs? There were so many loaves of bread which appeared to be put inside a black bin bag. I hope it was put to a better use than just thrown in the bin. Also booking was a little difficult and we had to get our Swedish friend to make the booking!

Overall we had a really great stay at the Clarion Sign Hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor has incredible views
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I travel a lot for work and this was the worst hotel experience by far..ever..
I had things stolen (read everything) in the reception area and the staff and security guard seemed more or less impartial to what had happened. Kudos to the bar tender who tried to help me by lending his mobile to call and report theft to the police but the rest of staff seemed to have "better things to do". If it is common that theft happens in your hotel please do tell your customers to be vigilant. Apparently it had happened 3 weeks ago as well right?
When I told the receptionist in the morning if they had found anything she seemed equally apathetic and just said "I will check". Ok this caused me a huge inconvenience and cost - business wise and personal wise. Especially for the company I was visiting and who was paying for it -I have told them to what has happened and that it is probably best to avoid your hotel for future guests.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was very unfortunate that I could only comment about the facade of the hotel as I was not able to stay in the rooms booked and paid for. Blaming on some faulty booking system of yours that caused the hotel to be overbooked is not something welcoming to weary travellers who has been on the road for close to 24 hours. What baffled me tremendously was when we first arrived at the hotel, the staff actually saw our bookings but told us that the rooms would be available after 3pm. However, when we got back after 4pm, we had to be told by another staff, there were no rooms for us and we had to stay in another hotel - Quality Hotel Globe and the taxi to ferry us there would be paid for. We were left with no choice. I was utterly disappointed with Clarion Sign and I see the need to warn other fellow travellers the potential of such issues popping up with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2014
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Sllee8

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience. Words can not express how absolutely sorry I am for the unfortunate situation last weekend, especially since you had travled for such a long time and indeed must have been very tired.
This is of course a very unususal situation for us as well. I will contact you about your experience today by e-mail. And hope to be in contact with you to give you my sincere apologies and to learn more about how this expereince must have felt for you.

I do hope you are well, and I look much forward to be i touch with you soon.

I wish you a wonderful day

Warm regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great location, not far from trains, subway or central Stockholm.
Got upgraded to a bigger room.
Friendly staff all over the hotel.
Breakfast can be very crowded, so arrival before 09 is adviced (in weekends). The buffet was great.

Recommended

Room Tip: Top floor is quiet, with a nice view over Stockholm.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
clarionsign, Supervisor, Front Office at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Øystein,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here at Clarion Hotel Sign and appreciated our service.

We hope to see you here again!

Have a lovely day!

Robin Azad,
Supervisor, Front Office
robin.azad@choice.se
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

An hotel with a nice interior and exterior design. It is very conveniently located just nearby the terminal of Arlanda express to the airport and the central station.
The place is very quite with a square and a garden in front of the hotel.
You can reach all the interest places of Stockolm by walk. Gamla Stand is one km nice walk.
Rooms are very new with a glass wall.
It can be a little cold inside the room so they provide a small electric fan heater on demand.
The restaurant for breakfast and meals is very beautifully furnished.
There is also a spa and a pool on the roof

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hi

Thank you for the fantastic review of Clarion Sign. It makes us very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay so much. I truly hope we will have the honor to have you as our guest soon again. Thank you again!

Hope you are well, all the best

Kind regards
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love staying here because of their excellent breakfast buffet. Stayed in other Clarion hotels and this has the best breakfast so far. They have average sized rooms with good modern interior. Great service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi

Thank you for your wonderful review of both the hotel and our breakfast. I have showed your review to our breakfast manager. You made her really happy, for taking the time to write about your experience here on Tripadvisor.

We hope you will return to us soon. Thank you again.

Kind regards
Pristina, Kosovo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in Clarion Hotel Sign in March 2014 for a business trip and it was located very conveniently in the central area of Stocholm which was approx 30 min walking distance from all the business locations and the sightseeing spots. The personnel just made me feel like at home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Merkuri

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Clarion Sign. It is great to read that you liked our location. But the best is to learn that the staff made you feel at home.

I do hope we will have you as our guest soon again. Please do not hestitate to contact me if I can be of any assitance to you.

Warm regards
nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Been to Clarion Hotel Sign? Share your experiences!