“Hip hotel, but let down by service and other niggles” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Sign

You added Clarion Hotel Sign to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Sign
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ostra Jarnvagsgatan 35, Stockholm 101 26, Sweden (Norrmalm)   |
Special Offer
Up to 15% OFF Room rate
Ranked #35 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
UK
“Hip hotel, but let down by service and other niggles”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a hip hotel with a real buzz about in the bar area from the early evening. Food was good, and the internet dining table was a great idea, but service let the hotel down badly. Slow in the restaurnat/bar, slow at check in and reception, took ages to get through to the recption over the phone (and had an annoying habit of dropping the call after 30 seconds) and as I have already conveyed to the manager, the rooms are minimalist hip, but so minimal that they really must do something about the irons and ironing boards.

Room Tip: Take your own iron and ironing board!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Hello

Thank you for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor. I am truly sorry that you had to wait for service. I'm also so sorry for the problem with the phone during your stay with us.
We are very grateful for you pointing out what we could have done better. We value your feedback highly.
I understand you have already spoken to a manager. But if you would like you are much welcome to contact me and I would love to email a personal thank you and give you a more detailed answer about our improvements we have made since you stayed with us. nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Thank you for your kind words about the food and the bar area, it is dearly appreciated.

I do hope to hear from you soon. I wish you a wonderful day

Nadia Fagerdin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Karlskrona, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Hotel is very nice located 250 m from Arlanda express in central station and close to tourist attractions. But honestly it was first time that I saw such huge difference in crew at reception. The ladies at reception are very helpful, kind and do all their best to help you. But OMG of the boys. At checkin the guy skipped welcome and directly jumped to payment, and shortly just gave the key and few sentence of breakfast time. Fine. But the day of checkout, the other guy asked me if I booked and paid with the same card and I didn't remember , when I was thinking" Mmm I hope so", he rudely repeated back : "you hope so?" !! Honestly, I never saw such a rude behavior in any hotel and I am afraid I never select clarion if they can not chose professional staff with respect. Oh forgot to tell that at breakfast the waiter took my plate in front of me without asking me if I finished( food still in plate) so I have to tell him I haven't finished yet. So don't sit and relax while you're having breakfast cause they are in hurry!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Lilly

Words can not express how sorry I am for the experience you had upon your stay. I have contacted both our front office manager and breakfast manager about this, so they can take

I would be most thankful to be in contact with you about this, I would very much like to giva a personal apology to you and your family. If you have the time I would be much grateful if you please would consider to email me: nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Thank you for your kind words about our clean rooms and good location.

I truly hope to hear from you soon

england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We arrived early but got into a room. It was the pokiest on our two week trip around Scandinavia, no reading lamps, no safe. View of a roof top and backs of apartments. Rooms poorly services - no towels on arrival, we had to keep asking for toiletries.

Walking from the station the ramp is at the far end of the hotel - clearly coach parties are priority over travellers from the station !

Reception staff were helpful, weather forecasts for the Mid summer festival proved accurate, as was good advice about where to celebrate.

Breakfast buffet good, the American theme bar made a pleasant area to eat in. Black toilet paper in the bar loo made a change but we don't think it will catch on !

Room Tip: Front and higher the better
Dear Amy

Thank you for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor. I am truly sorry for us not living up to expectation during your stay.
Thank you very much for pointing out for us what we could have done better. We appreciate it dearly, it helps us to take action and improve ourselves.

I'm very glad that you liked our breakfast and the food in the bar. Thank you for your kind words about the reception staff, I will make sure to pass them on to the staff.

I you would like you are much welcome to contact me about your stay. nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

I wish you a wonderful day

Warm Regards
Vercorin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Very conveniently located: 200m from airport express train, 300m from main train station, has own underground parking, 15' walk from castle/old town. Reception staff is very efficient and stays friendly despite big tourbus groups (I wonder how they do this!). Rooms are not very big but efficiency-oriented. Shower is in bath-tub and one has to be careful not to splash too much on the floor. Bathroom and toilet share the same glass door with big hole to open. This means that you can enjoy the sights and sounds of your mate's bathroom routines. The architect who designed this arrangement definitely didn't use his brain or was high on something. The only way to have intimacy in the bathroom is to ask your mate to go talk a walk...
Breakfast is buffet style and on request, you can obtain espresso.
The hotel seems to be a favourite with tour operators so it can get very crowded in the breakfast room early in the morning and at check-in/check-out. We stayed 3 nights and tried to time our breakfast to avoid the big crowds but were unlucky any time we tried. Individual travellers were a rare species during our sojourn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard. You can sleep with an open window and it's very quiet.
Dear Eric

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are all very happy that you had a good stay with us.

I am very sorry you were given a room who have a glass door to the bathroom. I truly hope you will stay with us again, if so I would be very happy to be in contact with you via email. And I'll make sure you get a room with a wooden door instead. nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

The reception staff asked me to thank you for your very kind words about them. Thank you, it really made their day.

I do hope we will be in touch. I wish you a sunny day.

Leominster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The Clarion Sign is a very short walk from the main railway station. It is clean with a very modern look and feel. The rooms are quite small, but clean and comfortable. I found it to be a bit noisy, even on the fifth floor. The lobby is a very busy place and they play rather loud music that is fun but starts to wear on you. Breakfast was included with a nice selection, although once again it was quite busy and a bit loud. Very convenient to downtown and surrounded by some nice architecture. I will consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hi

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us and write such detailed and good feedback. We value it very highly.
It makes us very happy to learn that you would consider to stay with us again. We hope you will be able to visit us soon.
If you would like to contact me, you are much welcome to do so: nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Hope you are well

Chalfont Saint Peter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

It's a great, modern and fresh venue, very spacious with friendly and helpful staff, especially at the reception and the American table. Pretty impressive are the lifts, with different music stile and a bit of "wow".
The clarion will be my first choice, when staying in Stockholm ever again. Love it!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Monika

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor!
It makes us very happy that you had an enjoyable experience and that Clarion Sign will be your first choice in Stockholm. We hope to have you as our guest here soon again.

Pleasant Grove
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

When we visited Stockholm Sweden we stayed in the Clarion Hotel Sign. It's a OK hotel, it has small rooms, the room it's self was quiet but the Hotel is noisy! They play loud music and there are tons of people, tour groups that go in and out. Not enough seating for dinner - if you plan on eating at the hotel make a reservation and don't plan on eating there on the weekend, the restaurant is closed and you have to eat at the bar. Their breakfast is a typical Swedish breakfast which is ok, you will find something you like. They always have lots of different breads and the worst powered eggs I have ever eaten. Every place we stayed in Sweden had the same powered scrambled eggs and they were all terrible! On my next visit I plan on trying a different Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Dee M

I'm truly sorry to learn your experience with us could have been better. I'm also very sorry that the restaurant was closed during midsummer, I'm afraid it is a major holiday in Sweden.

If you have the time, I would truly appreciate to recive an email about your stay. If I may, I would love to give you an proper apology.
I do hope to hear from you.

I wish you a wonderful day

Warm Regards
Nadia Fagerdin

Been to Clarion Hotel Sign? Share your experiences!