“Beautiful hotel in a wonderful city” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 15% OFF Room rate
Ranked #30 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Near Windsor, England
“Beautiful hotel in a wonderful city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I can highly recommend this hotel. It's modern, clean and a little bit quirky with the lifts that all have different themes of music. The bed was the most comfortable I've slept on in years, including our own bed! The soundproofing of the rooms is also better than I've found elsewhere so you don't get woken late at night or early morning but other inconsiderate guests, which is one of my pet hates. The service from all the staff was amazing and my only complaint was no coffee making facilities in the rooms but when I asked about it, they brought me a kettle immediately so it's worth asking evem though it's not provided as standard. The location of the hotel to the Arlanda Express and all city attractions is great and we were able to walk to most places. The rooms are very simple, but we actually liked that as you can see it's clean and modern. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Didn't really notice any need to specify rooms in a specific area like most hotels as the noise...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
clarionsign, Marketing Coordinator at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi,

thank you for your nice review of Clarion Hotel Sign. And it´s a little bit funny that you liked our beds better then yours :)

Have a nice day and hope to see you as our guest soon again.

Best Regards,
Charlotte Andersson, Clarion Hotel Sign

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
Stavanger, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is our second stay at the sign. The hotel is very busy but I think it gives the place a good feeling. The staff in reception are always working hard but they are very helpful and good natured. The rooms are very clean and modern. Our room had big windows that gave great light and a beautiful view at night of the city lights. The bar in the lobby is always busy and they have great music and good food. I was a little disappointed with the breakfast because last time we stayed at the hotel there was a chef cooking eggs to order but not this week- end! We ate at the off beak times to avoid the last hour rush.
One thing I find misleading is that they say they have a workout room and spa. There is one in the hotel but you need to pay to get in as it is not part of the hotel. I had a massage and it was great. The workout area is very small and the spa gets very busy on week- ends. The people in the spa were very friendly and helpful.
The hotels location is very central for airport transportation and walking the city for sight seeing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi,

thank you for your review. We are sorry that you missed the egg man but he only making eggs during the weekdays.

We wish you a nice day and hope to see you as our guest soon again.

Best Regards,
Middelfart, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Superior room means app m2 with park view, which means sunlight from early morning, as curtains do not keep light out, poor pillows, no ammenties, one soap fits all, bathtop bath, strange chair at desk, no coffee/the pot and in general a very basic room, where aircon/air fresher makes same noise whether it's on or not and where Wireless only works, when you are close to door

Breakfast is OK, buy very average and way way too crowded, and then the music in the elevators (whats up with that)

And totally annoying that you do not get the room upgrade as per loyalty programme

Not coming back

• Stayed August 2013
Hi,

we are very sorry for your bad experience at Clarion Hotel Sign. We hope that you can give us an other chance and hope we can have you as our guest soon again.

Wish you a nice day !

Best regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We spent 8 nights at the Hotel Sign and were generally happy with our choice. We needed to be close to transportation options, and the hotel was perfect for that, just a couple blocks from the Arlanda Express train and Central Station and a convenient bus-stop to Gamla Stan and other areas of interest just on the other side of the green square in front of the hotel.

Our room was generally well designed and comfortable. The bed was a bit soft for me, but I still slept well. Frustrations included a tiny meter-high closet that was generally useless for storing clothes for a week-long stay with a safe on the bottom that one needed to lie on the floor to access. There are no real amenities in the bathroom, other than a squeeze unit of all-purpose shampoo/bath gel attached to the wall. We were given a stack of access cards for the free wifi, which require keying in long codes and passwords each time you use it. After 3 days of not having the empty tissue box replaced, we had to call the desk for a replenishment. I also apparently nicked myself shaving, and the blood spots remained on the pillow case for 3 days! I'm all for green considerations, but surely the cleaning staff could see that the pillow case needed a change.

Those complaints aside, the desk staff were excellent and friendly, and we loved the American Table restaurant -- as do many others in Stockholm, as it was packed for dinner every night, mostly by locals. The matre d' and waiters were uniformly helpful and friendly. Breakfast in the mornings is a generous buffet, but could still be better. Some mornings we just wanted coffee and danish, which was hard to come by. In August, the place was also packed with tourist families and unruly children, so it's not the best place for a restful beginning of the day.

The spa on the top floor is a mixed bag. I was recovering from a sorts injury and surgery and would have loved to get a regular massage, but things were booked up days in advance when I was there. We were told that access to the pool was complimentary for hotel guests, but I was still charged for the morning I spent at the smallish heated pool.

I would consider staying at the Hotel Sign again, but I'll also look at other options as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the green square in front of the hotel. Rooms in the rear back onto train...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

thanks for a long review on TripAdvisor. It is important for us to know how we can improve. I am so glad to hear that you liked our loaction, American Table and our staff.

I do aplogize for the inconvenience regarding the closet, safe, WiFi, breakfast and housekeeping. I will follow this up. We have extra amenitens at the Front Desk. There must have been a misunderstading in the information regarding entrave fee to SPA. If you make a reservation for a treatment at SPA is the entrance always included otherwise you pay reduced fee as a hotel guest.

Most welcome back
Chatrine Andersson
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great and warm atmospere in this hotel, very modern atmosphere and sensitive personel, keep going and highly recomended! It is one the best hotel I stayed in Stockholm so far since I ever came for the very first time in 2002.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer!!

Thanks for a lovely review, we hope to see you as a guest soon again.

Most welcome back
Sundsvall, Sverige
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Clarion Sign is an excellent hotel that combines glamour, style and energy in a very convincing way. As soon as you enter the hotel you feel the pulse of the hotel. Rooms are nice, clean and well designed.

Two areas worry me though. Sweden is known for including breakfast. Excellent hotel know the importance of this. Clarion Sign has always been known to offer one of the best buffet in town. Not anymore I would argue. Surpassed by many hotels including Radisson Waterfront and Scandic Central. Clarion Sign used to have an excellent selection for its breakfast but all of this has disappeared. One cannot even compare this buffet with Radisson. Another problem area which cannot really be solved is the lack of elevators. Avoid staying on the top four floors. You'll never get down as getting an elevator is almost impossible. Last I would like to ask Clarion Sign to please remove the "two beds together" option. Doesn't help romance... :)

Room Tip: Face the park. Avoid the top floors. Get at least superior.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thanks for taking the time reviewing us on TipAdvisor. I am glad to hear that we can combine exellence with glamour.

I am sorry to hear about the breakfast, we have had a special selection for the summer but now we have our Omelet chef back in business!

Regarding the beds, we do have both twinbeds and rooms with one bed. Please let the Front Desk know your requirements when you are checking in.

Welcome back
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights for a meeting located at the hotel. In contrast to other recent reviews I had a good experience. The prices seemed in keeping with Sweden which are certainly pretty eye-watering for travellers from mosty other countries. The hotel is very centrally located, literally 3 minutes walk from the the airport express; just walk to the bottom of the platform and exit on the left (i.e. before entering the main station area), then turn left and the hotel is straight down the street. The hotel is a modern glass building with a stylish interior; each floor has a different type of designer chair in the rooms. A feature which I think is probably unique to the Clorion Sign is the different music themes in the lifts, Rock, Jazz, Classical and I think most people's favourite; ABBA themed lift complete with lifesize pictures, piped music and karoke microphones. I didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening but the breakfast was ok, nothing too special but a reasonable range and a light, airy seating area. In contrast to other TripAdvisor reviewers I found the staff to be extremely helpful. Indeed, on a day when it was pouring with rain I asked the front desk where I could buy an umbrella; they had run out but the concierge went looking elsewhere and 5 minutes later had found one for me to borrow. I'm pretty sure they didn't know I was there for a meeting and not treating me any differently from any other guest. I used the WiFi everyday and sometimes I did have to close the browser down and open it again to log on but apart from that I didn't have any problems and didn't find the speed an issue at all. The room wasn't huge but was clean and stylish and the bathroom was good. Overall, I would recommend it on the basis of the location and helpful staf, plus of course the Abba lift!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thanks for this great review. Please come back soon again!!!

Have a lovely day
Chatrine

Been to Clarion Hotel Sign? Share your experiences!