“Onhe of The Best Experiences” 5 of 5 stars

20% off room rate
Ranked #15 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami
“Onhe of The Best Experiences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

This is a great hotel. The staff are among the most friendly I have ever encountered. The rooms are very comfortable (although European air conditioning is not the same). The bar staff is exceptional and the concierges know where everything is. Food is very good and the location very central.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to letting us know how your stay in June 2009 was.

We take great pride in offering our guest top class service – and I am delighted that you found our staff to be the most friendly you have ever encountered. Feedback is extremely important and we always follow up on any comments or suggestions that our guests provide us with. So, once again – thank you, and warm welcome back to us again!

Paul Peters / General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

I really enjoyed this hotel for its location (close to train station, City Hall, Gamla Stan (old city), Drottingholm Palace boats, and just about any other place), and for the excellent room and the very helpful and friendly staff throughout. The room was large and very comfortable with 4 pillows on each of the beds, which were great for sleeping. The bathroom was large with warm towel racks, and the television offered more channels than any hotel I stayed in during this visit (London, Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm, Helsinki.) The room looked out on City Hall and had a nice balcony. The staff were friendly everywhere, from the desk to the restaurant, which serves an excellent and complete breakfast. The cooks will prepare dishes you request if you don't see items - but everything seems to be there.) I asked for egg whites and oatmeal, and they made them quickly for me. There is free internet in the lobby, and they will store your luggage for later pick up in a locked room. Getting around the city (beautiful) from this hotel is very convenient because it is a walking city. The staff helped make the stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much – I really enjoy reading the detailed description and comments, which you have been so kind to write about our hotel. It is simply great to hear how well acquainted you got with our services here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, as well as with the beautiful Stockholm area. As you mention, the hotel is situated conveniently in the city center of Stockholm and it is easy to reach most of the interesting spots from us. Also, all kinds of transportations can be found nearby, ready to take you wherever you desire.

I have shared your nice words with my team, much appreciated by all - let us know if there is anything we can do for you and warm welcome back!

Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Strengths: (i) fabulous staff starting with the classy GM and the very creative (top-notch) head chef who took care of umpteen diet restrictions, (ii) location to the station, plus the room had a great view, (iii) attempt by all to make sure guests feel relaxed and welcome, (iv) no nitpicking of dollars/cents (e.g., access to web) with the emphasis squarely on being helpful.

I have never written a hotel review till now. I write this one (on behalf or my wife and myself) simply because we were so impressed by the helpfulness of all. It felt like "home". Thank you Paul, Elisabet, and Gilles.

arya

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Arya,

What else can I say; but a big thank you - and - thank you again!

It has been a true pleasure to have you and your wife staying with us and I am glad that your expectations were more than fulfilled. It is indeed exciting to be part of the team here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and after your review I am even more proud. I am glad that you left us with happy memories and rest assured that I have shared your feedback with all involved.

Until we meet again, which I am sure we will, we remain at your service – you know where to find us.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

LOCATION: Good location, just steps from Gamla Stan. Most other places can also be reached by foot. It's a great city to walk because of all the waterfront.

ROOM: Room was average. Expected a little more because it was newly renovated, but seems more like patch-up. We got an upgrade for being SPG Gold. Awesome view of Gamla Stan.

STAFF: Kind staff. But always seemed busy. It's a large hotel and there were several guests during our stay. One disadvantage to a large chain hotel.

HOTEL: Nothing stunning from the outside. Newly renovated public areas were very nice. Renovated rooms were nothing spectacular. We might consider something more unique next time.

CITY: Stockholm has it all. Tons of waterfront. Modern, yet historical. People are genuinely polite and open. Great infrastructure. Extremely clean!

FOOD/DINING: Breakfast at the hotel was included in our rate. Breakfast was very good and offered variety.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay here with us – we are always grateful for valuable feedback. I am happy to read that you in general found your stay back in August 2007 to be good, however sad to hear that you were not completely happy.

As you mention, it was in 2007 that the hotel underwent a major renovation. I would like to assure you that we are constantly looking at how we can improve our product and the services we offer, and I beleive that you would find the improvements we have done to be updated and efficient. We have come a long way and I hope that this is something that shows and is experienced by our guests.

We always appreciate to take part of suggestions and ideas from our guests, so please feel free to contact me directly with more of your thoughts.

Paul Peters/ General Manager
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

We had a room overlooking Gamla Stan which definitely recommend - the location was really convenient yet peaceful and all the time there we walked everywhere. It is only about 5 minutes walk from the Arlanda Express train station too. We stayed with our 2 year old and the room was plenty big enough for us, the portacot and books & toys. The breakfast buffet was the best I've had for a very long time. The staff were helpful and all spoke English (in fact when my Swedish friend arrived to meet us and asked one of the receptionists where the house phone was she didn't actually speak Swedish!). Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know that you had a good and convenient stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.

I have shared your great feedback with everyone, and especially the breakfast & kitchen team is happy to hear that the breakfast buffet was the best you have had in a long time. It means a lot to take part of our guest’s experiences and on behalf of all of us I hereby send you a big thank you.

I hope that we will see you here again sometime and should you plan to return, just let me know!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

Spent one night at the Sheraton on business.

This is a large modern hotel on the edge of the commercial district, near the railway station and within easy walking distance of the royal palace and the old town.

Check-in was very easy and pleasant, with welcoming staff. Room was a good size with a king-size bed. Good desk area.

Bathroom was ok, if not spectacular. Everywhere was very clean.

Wi fi and fixed internet connection were both available, but were reasonably expensive.

Public areas were very pleasant; breakfast was excellent.

This hotel is a good choice for business or leisure and I recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending us, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel to your colleagues and friends – great to hear!

Also, it is great to read that your visit was pleasant, breakfast good and you felt welcomed and well taken care of by the Stockholm team. It is always warming to take part of such great feedback and please feel free to address me directly should you have any further thoughts.

I would like to wish you welcome back in a not too distant future.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

I stayed at the Sheraton Stockholm with my daughter for a weekend break. We flew Ryanair to Skavska airport which is an 80 minute bus journey from Stockholm but the bus station is a 5 minute walk to the hotel - which was a nice surprise. So after an easier journey than expected we were checked in by a very engaging and efficient young lady at reception. Our room was lovely and my daughter said that in her opinion the bed was the most comfortable she had ever slept in!

The weather while we were there was truly awful - wet and windy. Can't blame Stockholm for that though - just our bad luck. We had breakfast in the local Waynes coffee bar as the hotel breakfast rates would have eaten too much into our budget. Waynes has good coffee and a wide range of sandwiches and cakes so it did the job for us.

Don't miss a wander in Gamla Stan just over the bridge from the hotel. And visit Skansken for an outdoor museum of old Stockholm. Our highlight was seeing the baby reindeer. It was worth getting soaked for.

We had cocktails in the hotel lobby bar and ate there on our last night as we could not bear to go out and get wet again,. Stockholm is a very expensive city and all guide books will tell you that so it should come as not surprise. The hotel rates for food and drink reflected that but the quality was excellent.

• Stayed June 2009
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2009
Dear Guest,

Great to hear that you had a lovely weekend break here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, although the weather was not too good. You never know what the summer will bring before it actually enters. The temperature varies a lot and it is just not predictable. But, when the wonderful summer sun decides to come out, I can assure you that Stockholm is just irresistible.

I hope your next time in our city will be sunnier and why not take another trip to Skansen, this special outdoor and must- not-be-missed museum? I am very found of the place and the reindeers myself!

Enjoy the rest of the summer and welcome back.

Paul Peters / General Manager

Been to Sheraton Stockholm Hotel? Share your experiences!