“Great Hotel for Touring Stockholm” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #15 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Hotel for Touring Stockholm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel is located half a block from the railway/bus station (easy access to the express train to the airport, which is cheap and fast), and within walking distance of all the major sights of Stockholm. We stayed 4 nights and we were able to tour the downtown area and catch the hop on hop off bus close by. It is about one block from the pedestrian street with lots of restaurants and shops.
Because we are value minded, we did not eat at the hotel but found restaurants close by. The rooms are not large but very well appointed, and the concierge was great. Free wifi in the lobby and use of their computers, very handy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Beverley C,

Thank for taking the time to put your excellent comments here on Tripadvisor. It is just great to read your feedback on us, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.

I hope you will have a chance to come back one day, Should you have any further comments, please feel free to let me know.

igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights. Very conveniently located near the central station and a few minutes away from old town and city hall. However, this is not a cheap hotel so I find completely ridiculous and inexcusable that wifi is not included in the rooms. You only get free wifi in the lobby. In today's day that's absurd so I'm docking one point just for that. This stay is at the end of a vacation where I've stayed at a number if hotels across three countries in Europe. Some were basic hotels, no frills. This Sheraton was the only one without free wifi.

• Stayed September 2013
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Y GC_WorldTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback, although it is sad to read that we did not fully manage to live up to your expectations, especially in regards to the internet solution.
We are constantly reviewing the fee for wifi and I cannot promise when this will be reduced. As we are all dependent on keeping in contact with family, friends and work, our solution is to offer free wifi in the entire lobby area. Also we have six computers for free usage in the Sheraton Link. I am sorry to hear that this solution was not completely in line with your expectations.

Should you every have a new chance to visit us, please do not hesitate to let me know. I will make sure that the team will take good care of you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The late nite menu at the bar took me by surprise, it had everything u would like to eat after u come back from a bar or just to grab a quick bite before going to bed. The bar tender at the bar "Karl-henrik" was very welcoming and provided excellent service .... He custom made drinks as well to suit your taste. I highly recommend the bar at Sheraton hotel I was well taken care of

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Dazzzlee,

Thank you very much for choosing our bar360 for a quick night bite during your visit to Stockholm. Also, thank you for taking the time to review your visit here on Tripadvisor.
Your feedback is great to read and very rewarding and inspiring to the team and me. Rest assured I have shared your nice feedback with everyone; especially with Karl-Henrik, who sends a huge thank you for your nice words.

You are always warm welcome back to us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel is well located, next to the old town so one can go for sightseing by walk. Clean, good food and gentle crew. Services are great. I was in a business trip with and my wife was with me doing tourism. This review represent both perception.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Joao M,

How nice to see your comments here on Tripadvisor - much appreciated by us all.
Here at the Sheraton Stockholm hotel we believe in providing great service and I would like to point out that it is thanks to our fantastic guest that we have such a great team.

It is just wonderful to hear you enjoyed your business trip and that your wife were able to accompany you. Both of you are always warm welcome back to stay with us again.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Sheraton is a great hotel with modern rooms, divine beds and very professional staff.
The central location is perfect, close to both shopping, local transportation and the Old Town.
I find it a bit strange that when I am in Sweden, adressing staff in Swedish, they speak English to me but luckily, I can speak English ;) And many of them actually speak Swedish...
Overall I am very satisfied with my stay at the Sheraton Stockholm!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JelenaE,

It is so nice of you to take the time to post your review here on Tripadvisor, and we thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit in September.

We are proud and lucky to have personnel of many different nationalities working here with us. Not everyone is fluent in Swedish when they start but eventually learn. The different language skills gives us great opportunities to connect with guests coming in from different corners of the world. Next time you come and stay with us we will make sure you are assisted by one of our guest service agents who is fluent in Swedish.

If there is anything I can do you for you, please let me know.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,
Emmen, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hotel is located near the Central station and just some steps away from Gamla Stan which makes it a good place for a city trip. We had an adequately sized and furnished room - with unfortunately no view. Our room was already prepared when we arrived around noon. But we would have loved to wait another 30mins and give them the time to clean it properly... After a complain at the reception it was proper when we returned in the evening.

We were very disappointed about the customer service tough. A personal item vanished from our bathroom on the 2nd day. When we asked the receptionist about this incident he promised to speak to the maid and come back to us. This never happened. So we had to ask again and again what happened to the lost item. The answer was just: "Our maid claimed that she did not throw it away!". We felt like they just want to get rid of us. From a hotel in this price class we would have expected more.

The first impression of the hotel seems to be good, but based on our experience and the bad service we will not return to this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear lubriport,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review on your August visit to Stockholm and us. It makes me and my team unhappy to learn of your disappointment, especially with reference to the lost item and the feeling you have of being let down.

I can assure you that the last thing we want is that you, or valued guest, should feel misunderstood. Also, it is important that we keep our promises and I apologize for the poor follow up that we performed this time.

I have gone through your comments with our Housekeeping manager, and you are more than welcome to contact me directly with more details, so I can follow up further. Also, Should you ever come back to stay; I appreciate if you can alert me. We will do everything we can to make your next visit worth the trip!

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Out of all the places we stayed at in Scandinavia, Stockholm and this Sheraton was by far our favorite. This location of this hotel was outstanding - close to major sites and the Arlanda Express (walking distance) It was also pristine, comfortable and luxurious - a place that we actually enjoyed relaxing at after a long day of sightseeing. We had a minor blip with our bill which was taken care of by management which we appreciated. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Dittosparkle,

What a fantastic review from you - thank you so much for all your nice words, and for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.
I am glad you had the chance to explore beautiful Stockholm and after a long day out on town was able to relax at the hotel. Also, I am glad to hear that the minor mishap with the bill was taken care of in a fast and efficient way by one of my colleagues.

Your comments have been shared with the team and we are all looking forward to seeing you back sometime.

igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Been to Sheraton Stockholm Hotel? Share your experiences!