“Highly recommend this hotel and Stockholm” 5 of 5 stars

20% off room rate
Ranked #15 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC
“Highly recommend this hotel and Stockholm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Out of all the places we stayed at in Scandinavia, Stockholm and this Sheraton was by far our favorite. This location of this hotel was outstanding - close to major sites and the Arlanda Express (walking distance) It was also pristine, comfortable and luxurious - a place that we actually enjoyed relaxing at after a long day of sightseeing. We had a minor blip with our bill which was taken care of by management which we appreciated. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Dittosparkle,

What a fantastic review from you - thank you so much for all your nice words, and for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.
I am glad you had the chance to explore beautiful Stockholm and after a long day out on town was able to relax at the hotel. Also, I am glad to hear that the minor mishap with the bill was taken care of in a fast and efficient way by one of my colleagues.

Your comments have been shared with the team and we are all looking forward to seeing you back sometime.

igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel has a great location in beautiful Stockholm, the staff delivers a very good service and the hotel amenities are very good. My experience at this hotel was excellent until the moment I was decide to give back my key to be reused just before leaving and one of the hotel managers at the door assumed that I had not paid my bill. Obviously was a very unpleasant experience that had darkened my stay. A similar situation I had at The Park Tower Knightsbridge in London, also a Sheraton hotel. Prior to arrival I have requested transportation to be arranged by the hotel to meet me at Heathrow. The driver never arrived and the next morning I received a call at my room from the one the hotel's employees with an authoritative tone questioning my complain and that he could prove that the driver was indeed waiting for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear AngeloZ675,

Thank you very much for your review and your feedback on your July visit to us, which seems to have been excellent up until the very end of your stay.

I am sorry to hear you felt uncomfortable with one of our team members approaching you in regards to your departure. I can assure you that no one have had any intention of creating an unpleasant situation for you, and I have together with my colleagues gone through your comments.
It is important to us that our guests feel our warmth - leaving with a smile and great memories to share with friends and family.

Should you ever come our way again you are more than welcome to contact me directly. I promise we will make you feel at home away from home.

Warm regards,
igor.buercher@sheraton.com

PS. I hope the situation at the Park Tower in London is sorted by now and that you might one day go back.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

They will make your trip to Stockholm an experience. Concierge was as helpful as any at a 5 star resort. Front desk personnel were efficient and helpful. Location was right in the center of the city with easy access to tourist and business attractions. Note that this is an excellent Sheraton...I am not suggesting that it is 5 stars equivalent of a Four Seasons, but this exceeded all of my expectations of a Sheraton property!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear CHD3,

How nice to hear you felt at home away from home here with us at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Thank you for your excellent review and your feedback on how well you were taken care of by our wonderful staff.

Our location is truly one of the best in the city and it is easy to reach most of the interesting sites and places from here. When it is time for a new trip, please feel free to let me know. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back!

igor.buercher@sheraton.com

PS. For the sake of good order I would like to mention that the Sheraton Stockholm hotel is an international upscale hotel. We do not participate in any local or international star ratings and we are not advertised as such via our marketing collateral.
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel has a great location right downtown near the central station. that makes it easy to get to (catch the Arlanda Express from the Airport and walk 2 blocks). The rooms are a good size, comfortable and well appointed. Best of all, the beds are excellent (not the thin mattress-ed euro twin beds that many hotels have). The restaurant is good, with a comprehensive breakfast buffet but is quite expensive. Given how close it is to many eating establishments better to eat dinner elsewhere. The bar is great for cocktails and the staff put on a show making them but the beer selection is limited. Its location just over the bridge from Gamlastan and close to the core, the central station and the archipelago boats make it fantastic for tourists. Service is definitely high end and overall it has a luxurious feel. I stayed here more than 40 nights over the past 2 years so that speaks to the fact that I like this hotel and recommend that you stay, but watch out for the price at peak season as it can be over 3000SEK.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear SkiingCyclingDave,

Thank you for letting us and the Tripadvisor users know how your July trip to Stockholm turned out. It is fantastic to hear you felt so well taken care of, and that you usually have great visits to Stockholm, on your frequent trips to our hotel.I guess you have seen what Stockholm looks like during the different seasons. Right now the autumn is here and the colors are dramatically changing from green to yellow, red and maroon – it just beautiful. Our Oktoberfest is in full speed, where we share many tasteful moments with our wonderful guests.

The rate we offer for a room is always depending on how the hotel is booked for the requested period, and also which room type the guest chooses to book. The summer is always busy and the rates follows the demand.

I wish you warm welcome back to the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and should you have anything special on your mind - please feel free to contact me directly. I will make sure you feel at home away from home also in the future.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Perfect location, nice rooms, great views, attentive staff, and a restaurant that prepares what I found to be a delightful Swedish twist on the American hamburger. Stockholm is my favorite city, although I'll always be drawn back to California.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Mike C,

What else can I say but a huge thank you for your lovely review!
Also, thank you for choosing to stay here with us at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Until we see you again I wish you all the best from my team and myself.

You are always warm welcome to contact me directly if there is anything I can personally can do for you.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We booked a 22 day Regent cruise. Since my wife's a 100% Swede, but never visited Sweden before, and the cruise began in Stockholm, we decided to spend four extra days. Regent got us set up in the Stockholm Sheraton.

We were really fortunate, very nice high end hotel, excellent quality in most all regards. The location though, is what really makes the difference. You can spend a week there and only have to walk to many different attractions and sites, it is hard to believe one can do so much in one locale. Furthermore, all the sight-seeing ventures seem to headquarter near that hotel.

Thank you Sheraton and Regent for kicking off and then providing us with a voyage of a lifetime (we cruise a lot, 23 years, meaning this was one of the best if not the best.)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TeBay,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review here on Tripadvisor. I am so happy you took the opportunity to start your wonderful trip here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. It seems like you had a lovely time and it is heartwarming to hear that we contributed to the successful journey.

Our location is one of the best in the city and apart from Stockholm there is plenty more to see in Sweden. Now when you know what to expect I hope you will have another chance to visit, especially as your wife is a Swede.

Hope to see you back one day where we once again will show you the true spirit of hospitality.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,
Stamford CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here for two nights before our Oceania cruise. We arrived in town (via the Arlanda Express) about 8 am after an overnight flight from the US. I was very happy that they were able to accomodate us and give us our room. We then took a 4 hour nap, freshened up and walked over to Gamla Stam for lunch and a bit of walking around.

We booked a room that included the Concierge lounge on the 7th floor. When we tried to visit it the 1st night, it was so crowded there was no where to sit. We slept through the breakfast hours the next morning and didn't even try to visit in the evening. We did make it to breakfast the last morning and again it was crowded in there. It is a very small room.

I would recommend this hotel for the location and the staff. Very well run. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CTKath,

How nice and considerate of you to make sure to share your thoughts here on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that your total experience was good, although you found the Club experience a bit too crowded.
The Sheraton Club concept is becoming a very popular concept amongst our dear guests, much depending on the personalized service and the cocktail hour. The purpose of the lounge is to have a nice and relaxing time together with your friends and family, and I am sorry that you did not get the chance to experience that this time.

Should you have any plans to return or of there is anything the team and I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Warm regards,
igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Been to Sheraton Stockholm Hotel? Share your experiences!