“Very central location, great room, service, etc.” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm 101 23, Sweden (Norrmalm)   |
Ranked #17 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Very central location, great room, service, etc.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Unfortunately I only got to spend one very short night here but was impressed overall by unbeatable location, great room with tasteful modern design, comfy bed, and attentive service. I will be back and hope to be able to experience more of what they unquestionably have to offer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear mojo2012oovajay,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and for your feedback here on tripadvisor.
It is important that our guests feel comfortable and at home at all times, and your comments have been shared within the departments.
Maybe you will be back to spend more than one night sometime in the future? No matter the occasion, leisure or business, you are always welcome back to us to enjoy our hospitality.

Paul Peters, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston area, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I think this is my second time at this hotel. The room on the Executive Floor is very nice. Comfortable bed. Excellent sleep environment. Good chair. Excellent work environment. Good service from the hotel staff. The Executive Club breakfast is good. Showers are Euroshowers that are 4 star and not 5 star.

The only flaw is that the internet connectivity was weak. But, this is an important flaw. I hope management reads this as both my business partner and I were thinking that although we like the hotel, we'd have to stay elsewhere unless they fix the internet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear letsmakeadeal,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

It is great to hear that you have many good things to refer to when it comes to our hotel, but of course I am disappointed that your experience of internet is not as good as expected.
I have reached out to you via e-mail and it would be great if you could take the time to let me know more about it.
Please feel free to contact me directly and I promise to look into it.

Paul Peters
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We arrived at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel after my bag containing our passports, money and cards had been stolen - when we shared our plight with the reception staff, they went out of the way to make our stay comfortable. Our baby was given her own crib and a pram for when we went out and breakfast was provided at an extremely reasonable price. I would really like to thank Isak and Simon from the Reception for all their help.

The room, though small, was spotlessly clean and quite beautiful. Breakfast was lavish and the service excellent. The location was brilliant - 5 minutes walk to the Central Station, 10 minutes to the Royal Palace and 15 minutes to the National Museum.

Loved the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Samra1000,

Thank you for your fantastic review here on Tripadvisor.
It must have been extremely frustrating for you to have your bag stolen, but I am glad we were able to help out in a difficult situation. Also, I am happy to hear that your stay was good, although your trip did not start in a good way at all.

Simon and Isak send a special thank you to you and we all hope you have managed to sort everything out with new passport and the credit card companies.

You are always warm welcome back to us!

Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We came for my 30th birthday as a treat, and generally were very impressed with the hotel.

It’s a great location, only 5 min walk from Central Station, and close to both the centre and Gamla Stan (old town). Staff were all friendly and knowledgeable, and the hotel is very luxurious inside. We didn’t eat at the restaurant but the menu looked lovely and the bar is very popular.
We had a superior room and it was large and very comfortable- the bed was heavenly! All amanities were catered for with respect to toiletries and bathrobes etc. We were on the 6th floor and heard no noise at any time
The only issue was a few problems in the bathroom. There was a sizeable crack in the shower and the toilet cistern continually flushed unless you hit the top of the cistern quite hard after flushing. It would also have been nice to have the option for a bath after a long day, rather than just a shower- however I have since been advised that rooms with baths are available so speak up! I think we may have just been unfortunate to have a slightly less than perfect room.

I raised these points with the Manager upon my return and received a very thorough reply and apology- again the excellent service was displayed. If I return to Stockholm I will certainly consider this hotel again, for comfort and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river- breathtaking
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear naomi1739,

It is great that we have already been in contact with each other and I would like to thank you for the effort to contacting me directly with your concerns. The crack as been dealt with and also the other things we were communicating on in our e-mails.

I sincerely hope we will see you here again, maybe already for your 31st Birthday? When it is time again, please let me know. I promise we will take good care of you!

All the best and warm regards,
Manhattan, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We chose the Sheraton for its proximity to the central train station in Stockholm. We were there for just one day before we headed north to Mora for work. The Sheraton is probably an easy choice for Americans because of the name and the accommodations are quite nice. And the hotel provides washcloths, something we didn’t find in any other Swedish hotel.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful, easily switching to English after we said hello. The best part was that when we arrived early (mid morning) they let us check in to our upgraded room right away. This let us shower before heading out to see the city. A real bonus in my book. I gave the front desk staff one of my Starwood guest appreciation cards because he was so nice.

The room was quiet and well appointed. The two single beds were pushed together. Both of us fell asleep too quickly for an afternoon nap.

The cost was what you’d expect in an international city like Stockholm, but it wasn’t over-priced. Breakfast in the Club Room was typically Swedish with good choices and excellent quality. As is usual in Sweden, the coffee was the best.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Claybow,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post your feedback here on Tripadvisor. It is always very valuable for us to receive comments from our guests and we are happy to hear that you are happy with us, and even with our washcloths!
Regarding our Sweet Sleeper beds they are possible for you to purchase and have them conveniently delivered to your home. Please check out the web site sheratonhotelsathome.com or contact us and we will direct you.

If there is anything else you would like to share with me - please do not hesitate to do so. As I said - comments and suggestions are always welcome from our fantastic guests.

Paul Peters, General Manager

PS. I am a big fan of Swedish coffee too!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I travelled with a friend for a long weekend. We had a lovely superior room on the 4th floor with incredible views over the lake and the town hall. The hotel was immaculate. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel location was excellent; just over the bridge from the charming Gamla Stan and it's quaint cobblestone streets and quaint cafes and restaurants. Easy access to most major tourist attractions. We walked pretty much everywhere.
Hotel is about 200m from the Central Station which gives easy access to Arlanda Airport via the Arlanda Express in just 20 minutes.
Would definitely stay at Sheraton Stockholm on my next visit there!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Mimi_ks,

Thank you for taking the time to posting your very positive feedback here on tripadvisor. It is so nice to take part of your thoughts. Also, thank you for choosing to stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm hotel during your long weekend together with your friend.

I have shared your fantastic feedback with the rest of my team and I hope that we might see you both as guests here again. If you decide to come back sometime, please alert me directly and I will make sure we once again take good care of you.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Here for 2 nights. Perfectly located for Old Town and the main station (with airport express). Check in was ok, room was good size and bed very comfortable. All staff encountered were clearly very well trained, and very pleasant and personable. Breakfast is impressive, if pricey. Considering I was on business I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely return to the Sheraton Stockholm next time I am in the city.

Dear LAD2969,

How nice that you took the time to write your fantastic review here on Tripadvisor. Much appreciated and thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words.

Stockholm is always a great city to visit no matter what time of year it is and we hope to see you back in a not too distant future. I'm sure you have many things left to see and we can surely give you some nice advices on what to see and where to go.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,
Paul Peters, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Stockholm Hotel? Share your experiences!