“Average but value for money for a single traveller.” 3 of 5 stars

You added Loginn Hotel to your Saves list
Kajplats 16 | Södermälarstrand, Stockholm 11825, Sweden (Södermalm)   |
Ranked #87 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India
“Average but value for money for a single traveller.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stockholm is a very city with very expensive accommodations and i chose this as this was cheaper of all but to my surprise it became one of my unforgettable experiences.

it was a unique experience to stay on a small boat in a city like Stockholm.

only Swedish kronor accepted this was a very big problem for me.as i had euros.

the owner was very nice he guided me nicely.

the restaurant lady i think owners wife cooked a good vegetarian meal specially for me.

considering Stockholm its a good experience for onetime stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Malaga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Loggin boat hotel in May/June 2013. The location is ideal to visit the central island and the staff is friendly. The boat hotel was undergoing some much needed renovation but mostly outside in the bar and terrace areas. The double and triple rooms are small and toilets lack any ventilation. Breakfast was very basic. I'll explore other options next visit to Stockholm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lisbon, Portugal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to try one of the famous BoatHotels in Stockholm and I choose the LogInn since it a had a great location and a good price.
Lets start from the oly positive thing: the view. Amazing.
The rest is just horrible. The room is really small, with a tiny bathroom. A very small window that you could not open, so no fresh air.
Under the bed there were several empty plastic bottles and papers. So one could assume that whoever cleaned the room, didn't check that part for some time.
The bar upstairs also looked very dirty. Yes it had a great view, but I wouldn't drink or eat anything there.
The Breakfast was very basic.

• Stayed June 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The room was 78.90 a night...which for what we got was pretty steep.

it was a 20 mins walk from the central island, and as two girls travelling we didn't like walking around at night. taxi was about £17 to central station.

We booked an economy double room. the bed was smaller than a double and with two cases and a bag we couldn't really move in the room.

The hotel also hosted a small/medium sized rave which lasted until about 1.30am which we went to for a little while and it was HILARIOUS. However we had a train to catch early the next morning so decided to go to bed, only to be woken by the door handle going up and down and hearing french men knocking on the doors looking for soft drinks, which we found somewhat disturbing that party goers could freely wonder the hotel and try the doors, which locked from the inside luckily my paranoia had ensured this locked before we went to bed.

The breakfast is pretty good, its really basic tho.

Staff were really friendly and kind

Room Tip: make sure u get a big room!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Staffordshire Moorlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Met by the owner on arrival, booked in no problem with him pleasantly explaining what was where etc. He gave me my key and I went to my room.

First of all, you don't go on a city break to spent hours in your room, so don't let what I say put you off, but, forewarned is forearmed. I was a bit surprised at the size of the room. If you want lots of space and facilities in your room then this place isn't for you! Having said that its a boat, and the room although a bit tired, was adequate and functional. I was meeting up with my son the next day (we were going to see Slash) and he had decided to book us a small double room each,

At the time of booking they did say that the bed is 120 cm wide in these rooms, so they don't try and hide the fact, and I should say it was fine just for me, however, I would have found it far to small if the wife had been with me as I'm 6' 2" and fairly big, you might wish to check on the bed sizes of the other rooms if your going to share as it would be extremely "cosy" for a couple and I'm unsure if any of the beds in the other rooms were any bigger. The room would be very cramped if you intend to accommodate two large suitcases as well. The room contained 1 chair, a small table attached to wall, (about 18" square) radiator and additional heater (broken wheels), plug sockets, adequate lighting, an 18" hanging rail and a separate bathroom with toilet and shower. There were no shelves in the bathroom and it had a bit of a "grubby" feel to it, a deep clean and re-grout wouldn't go amiss, so accoutrements spread around the small sink had to suffice. I have read that some people had no hot water in the shower, I had plenty but I don't think the hotel was full (February 2013) perhaps this makes a difference

I was there for three nights and the bed was made each day with clean towels if required. I did not find it noisy, but did hear the occasional door slam and toilet flush, I didn't consider this a problem. Whilst not the comfiest bed I've ever slept in It was adequate and managed to sleep reasonably well.

The dining / public room consists of about 10 - 12 dinette tables seating four, many of which offering panoramic windows with a sea and city view, a serving area for breakfast and a bar for the evenings, there is another room at the front of the ship/hotel containing couches and armchairs if you wish to relax more.

Breakfast is basic and buffet style - toast making facilities, crackers, cold meats and cheese, salad (tomatoes and cucumber) cereal, muesli, marmalade, yogurt, milk and a cold drinks machine, orange/apple juice etc and each was replenished promptly when out. There was no fresh fruit. There is also a separate coffee machine with hot water for tea available for you to help yourself from. Considering this is included in the room price it is good value.

The hotel, (depending on how fast you walk) is about a 15 or 20 minute walk to Gamla Stan Tube station and a bit further to Slussen. I think Mariatorget is closer but uphill. I got a taxi from central station to the hotel for 160 sec (£16) but walked to Gamla Stan and got the tube (1 Stop) to Central Station when going home. This was not a problem if you have a pull along suitcase or back pack. I believe there is also bus stop just outside the hotel but I did not use this.

Check carefully which exit to go out of if going to the hotel by tube (At Gamla Stan turn right through tube exit barrier then left out of actual exit) or you WILL walk miles in the wrong direction!!!

I can imagine this hotel to be very popular (and noisy) in the summer as it seems perfect to sit on the top open deck, chilling with a beer taking in the view of the river. I would say though that I didn't notice any lifts and it could possibly be very difficult

Would I go back, well I would, it is very good value for money at less than half the price of the bigger hotels, and, if you know what your getting, no unpleasant surprises. If your on a budget then it's fine but I think I would probably go a bit more upmarket

Hope the above helps

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked a room almost a year in advance. My wife got pregnant in the meantime and we informed them, 3 months before our planned stay, that her gynecologist recommended, in writing, against travelling just a few weeks before the due delivery date. Still, with a good reason to have to cancel and ample time for them to find new customers for the room, they wouldn't refund anything, which we definitely find very unsympathetic customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Falun, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed for one night and this hotel had the best price for private bathroom and breakfast in the morning. As being a cabin on a boat the room was very small but clean and comfortable with an additional heater for the winter night. There were some noises from neighboring rooms that can be disturbing, mainly the flushing of the vacuum-toilet but apart from that the night was tranquil. The public areas of the ship are great and in the morning you get a nice buffet breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Loginn Hotel? Share your experiences!