“Pretty ok food but expansive” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #724 of 2,173 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Indian
Stockholm
“Pretty ok food but expansive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

I have been here both during lunch and dinner time. Lunch was tasty but somewhat expensive if you value worse than average level of service and small portions. The vegetarian portion I had during the dinner was excellent. Also the service was better during the evening. I will anyhow give them the 3rd chance in the near future.

Visited August 2014

Lund
“Very very good... We'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We love indian food and this is a hidden gem in Stockholm... Friendly, professional service and everything tasted lovely! We are happy to have found this place and will be coming back.
The price level is a bit higher than I would expect, but as long as the meals are high quality it is alright!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stockholm, Sweden
“A standout in a sea of mediocrity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Living in the neighbourhood, we have visited several times and never been disappointed. Food is always excellent, ranging from mild and tasty to hot. Balti dishes are especially nice. The cook strives for the genuine and largely succeeds. The restaurant is nicely furnished if not stylish. Service is friendly.
Thus we prefer this restaurant to those rather common Indian places in Stockholm that people might visit just to drink beer having some bland food go with it.
Their beer (choice of three Indian beers I seem to remember) is well chilled and excellent though.
Prices are reasonable. Recommended and just a shortish walk from the city centre if you wish. We are confident to return.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Brilliant lovely indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Thia place has a lovely relaxed atmosphere. They were great with our lack of swedish and even had an English menu. I used to live in birmingham and I can happily say this is one of the best Indians I've had. My friends really enjoyed their meat dishes and for me as a vegetarian there were loads of very yummy options. In comparison to other restaurants this place looked pretty reasonable price wise and the portions were very generous.

Stockholm, Sweden
“Delicious food and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

In general I have no love of Indian food as served in Sweden - the quality often vary from bland to outright bad and it isn't worth the gamble. Saffran, however, stands above its peers.

On the outside the place looks like any other Indian restaurant - it is when you get the food that the experience begins. The meals are prepared with love and care - it doesn't matter which course you chose; your experience will be a good one, full of taste.

The service is good, and we got extra rice without having to pay for it.

Recommended.