“Rare and Rare” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Karlstad, Sweden
“Rare and Rare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

AG is where I first encountered bison meat! My best meal ever, all categories - perfect meat, and perfect prepared carved right beside the table by the chef/head waiter - It was kind of melting in my mouth. Impossible to rate anything but top score even though they didn't serve potato gratin...

The restaurant is a former silver factory, thus the name, and it seems they try and keep that atmosphere on purpose, making the restaurant quite noisy a place where it's difficult to converse. Some people like it that way. I prefer serenity and rate it three.

The overall impression though, is that AG loves meat and knows exactly what to do with it - most certainly among the top ten meat restaurants in this country, a place you very rarely come across even worldwide. Thanks!

• Visited January 2013

Karlstad, Sweden
“Rare and Rare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

• Visited January 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Interesting entrance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were warned by the concierge at our hotel that the entrance was interesting. It certainly is. You enter and walk up a very run down staircase, then enter AG, hanging meat in front of you. We went to the bar for a drink as we were early - great cocktails! Then the food - to die for! Really good. A great restaurant in Stockholm, I don't think anyone could be disappointed. It is contemporary and happy with great food what more do you want?!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

A colleague of mine suggested me to visit Restaurang AG on my recent trip to Stockholm and so I did. Entering the main entrance the first thing we see is empty cardboard boxes from IKEA. After going up a contemporary staircase which I liked alot we enter the venue. The decoration is very nice with tiles reminding you of a traditional butcher store. There is an ambience of staff and cleaning standards are pretty high. And now we come to the actual service. My partner and I had to change the order 3 times because they were in shortage of the dishes we wanted. So basically we followed the advice of the waiter. Surprisingly enough the dishes he suggested were also in shortage!!! To cut a long story short we ordered our dinner. So far so "good". A different waiter bring a dish to the next table, i noticed that the couple sitting next to us started touching the food with their fork and knifes exploring it. Then the same waiter somes picks it up asks for an apology from them and places it on our table. When I tell him that it was "tempered" with the forks and knifes of the couple next to me he pretended he didnt listen and walked away. As we are not that picky we ate the started which was good. The main courses were objectively large portions, slightly over salted and well presented. For two starters, two main courses and 2 glasses of wine we ended up paying the equivalent of 200USD. No service recovery for the missing dishes, no personal touch in the service deliverance. Because of the tiles on the wall there is an incredibly loud sound in the main dinning area. A big disappointment for my only night in Stockholm.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, UK
“Cool location and top quality meat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I enjoyed an excellent bloody steak with a nice red from the well chosen wine list. Service was delivered by the young and beautiful but was well drilled and welcoming. By contrast the décor is hard and industrial, with a remarkable front of house glass cold room displaying the aged meat. The bar is excellent and has good tapas style plates to graze on. Appears in lots of international guidebooks but still pulls the locals. The bill for wine was high, even for Sweden. Nevertheless, very enjoyable

Visited October 2012