“A fab viking experience” 5 of 5 stars

08-201055
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Aifur Krog & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 2,128 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Doha, Qatar
“A fab viking experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We loved this bar so much, we kept going back. On weekends there's a live band, bagpipe music et al. The whole viking experience is fantastic. From utensils used to the costumes of staff. Last order on weekdays is 1030 pm. Closes at 11pm.
Can't recommend this place highly enough.

Visited May 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berkshire
“Brilliant! Good food and hugely amusing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was in Stockholm on a work trip and had been told by a colleague of a "Viking restaurant somewhere in the city" (he was too drunk to remember!)

We were out walking around and stumbled across Aifur, there could only be one so in we went!

They managed to squeeze us in by making some other diners move up and sitting us on the end of their table, no issue for the staff (or us) but the others didn't like it!

Excellent food, excellent atmosphere and the introductions had us in stitches!

It's a bit tourist-y but as locals were arriving with friends/relatives that can only be a good thing.

Definitely recommended!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Visit this Viking bar, it's great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were here on Saturday night, the Viking bar was buzzing with people and atmosphere. The staff (dressed in Viking attire!) were very friendly, good fun and helpful. We even have photos with some of the modern day 'Vikings'. The bar itself has Viking-style decor and atmospheric candle light. I particularly loved the Viking folk band playing, I felt that they really added to the ambiance. Go here if you're in Stockholm, such a fun experience!

• Visited April 2014
Berlin, Germany
“A good night out - Viking style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This bar with their exceptional friendly staff is a great experience for a good nogjt out in Sweden.
I liked the live music and the typical swedish food as weel as the met. All in all a really nice theme bar which is worth a visit.

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Wanted to love...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Have to say I love kitschy things like this, but I was underwhelmed. The place is super cool - great ambiance and fun feel. You are sat at a communal table so I guess your experience is somewhat determined by the other guests. I was sat by some fellow Americans who weren't used to being sat so close to others (as we aren't :) and took up waaaaaay more space than they were allotted. The girl that sat next to me jumped up and down on the bench every 30 seconds so I felt like I was on a see saw. Fine. We were sat in front of a huge candle centerpiece so our appetizer could not be shared easily (I had to be fed - ew). Food was okay...nothing spectacular. Overall, probably fun with a group of friends, but if trying to enjoy a night out with a partner, it's an expensive venture...

• Visited April 2014