“Perfect for a home-like stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Acapulco Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stockholm
Acapulco Hotel
You added Acapulco Hotel to your Saves list
Bjurholmsplan 23, Stockholm S-116 94, Sweden (Södermalm)   |
Ranked #129 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Bangalore
“Perfect for a home-like stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

We stay at the Acapulco hotel. We have been here for a month now and will be here till Jan-end. we have a family room with a spacious kitchen and a big room. We have a 18 month old son, so the space inside the room matters a lot. And it is big. Our room overlooks the park in front of the hotel. The staff is very helpful and polite. The location of the hotel is good.
There are departmental stores, malls, train station, library, restaurants all within 10 minutes walking distance max. The park is a boon with a kid at home. Lovely place to stay and feel like home.

Room Tip: The family rooms are big, but cant say the same about the other rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Being my first time out of Africa and in Europe,the Acapulco Hotel gave me the warmest feeling of home.It was small enough not to intimidate a Kenyan teacher not used to big hotels.At the Acapulco,they give you your space,the workers are mysterious, I never saw anyone bringing into my kitchen the box full of supplies _yet it was always there.
Robert the director, was the warmest guy I ever met...my rugby shirt with Kenyan national colors was my souvenir to him.He threw us a party on our last night on 27th May and boy!oh boy! I almost missed my flight at Arlanda.
I cant stay anywhere else if I ever come back to Sweden.Am always talking about it!

Room Tip: Room 13 commands a good street and park view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

With Stockholm hotels being rather expensive, this is a great low budget stay. Nothing too fancy or luxury, but nice & clean, with friendly staff. In Södermalm, not far from trendy Sofo. The hotel is located on a lovely and quiet square, which is a great plus.
I loved Stockholm so much that I went back the year after, but booked an apartment through Stockholm Budget. I was not at all pleased with that organisation and the apartment I got (see review Stockholm Budget). Next year I'm back in Acapulco Hotel, for sure!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

I stayed during the first and the second week of June for my spontaneous trip to Stockholm from Tokyo. I happened to have found this hotel from the Swedish tourism bureau website and I am very pleased that I chose to stay in this hotel! Acapulco Hotell is an apartment hotel located in Södermalm section of Stockholm. It is close to the metro station and there are lots of shops, cafes, restaurants, and supermarkets nearby.

It especially helped me that there are may supermarkets around that are open quite late and sell take-away foods, as I was travelling alone :) The room I stayed was about 20 sqm and had a small kitchen with full utensils, microwave, coffee maker, electronic kettle, etc.. The shower was quite small but was clean. There is wireless Internet connection that you can use for free. At the reception, there is also a computer and a printer. I found this very helpful since I wanted to print out the boarding pass after doing the internet check-in.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. (I'm sorry I didn't return the bathroom scale that I borrowed..) I realised that they only make beds and clean the bathroom and kitchen (sort of), and do not vacuum the floor, but I guess this is typical for hotels in this part of Europe... Overall, I am very happy that I found this hotel and would definitely stay there if I ever have a chance to go to Stockholm again!

ストックホルムのソーデルーマルムにあるアパートメントホテルです。お部屋のインテリアは質素で懐かしい感じ、とても実用的です。小さなキッチンがあり、お鍋なども揃っているので、私は日本から持って行ったスパゲティと明太子ソースで夕飯にしていました。近くにスーパーが何軒もあり、テイクアウトの食べ物も売っています。値段も一晩SEK995とストックホルムにしてはリーズナブルな方かと思います。ガムラスタンへはメトロで3駅。歩いていくこともできます。スタッフの人も親切でおすすめです!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

This is a great spot if you like to be away from the tourist spots but still within walking distance to the subwaý and tons of great restaurants and pubs on Södermalm. The hotel is located on a quiet square a few minutes' walk from Skanstull subway station. Our apartment slept 5 and once all the beds were up the room was sort of cramped. However, there was a full kitchen and remodeled bathroom. The staff was very friendly and helpful and we would definitely stay here again. It was a great combination of apartment living and service (linens, towels and daily maid service).

Stayed July 2008
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

This is what you would wish every budget hotel to be like. Clean, comfortable, friendly and beautifully located.

The rooms are apartment style, leaving you free to cook simply for yourself, or order one of the hotel's fantastic breakfast boxes every morning. Staff were very helpful, with lots of tourist information around; at no point were we made to feel that we were in a budget place.

The hotel itself is in a quiet square in the centre of the very trendly SoFo area, with loads of places to eat, drink and quirky shops all around, but the pace never feels rushed or frantic. It's also an easy walk into the more touristy parts of town - about 20 mins to Gamla Stan.

If you want to cheaper place to stay in what can be a slightly pricey but beautiful city, I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Acapulco.

• Liked — The great location and the breakfast box!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2007

We stayed in this apartment hotel for 4 nights in June 2006. It was great. The kitchenette was well-supplied with coffeepot, microwave, fridge, cooktop, pots, knives, etc. We cooked dinner here each night, and the supermarket is about a block away. There was a cute table for 2 in the room, as well. There was a bit of noise from upstairs, but quite manageable. The room had a window onto the courtyard. We had 2 single beds, which we pushed together. Modern, nice bath. Only a couple of blocks to the subway. Really, a very good choice if you want to cook for yourself and don't mind a short subway ride to central Stockholm.

• Liked — The kitchen and price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Acapulco Hotel? Share your experiences!