“Really great hotel in a good location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Tegnerlunden
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tegnerlunden 8, Stockholm 113 59, Sweden   |
Ranked #36 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Preston, United Kingdom
“Really great hotel in a good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for business for two nights. It's a small hotel but has everything in it. Very clean, lovely staff and breakfast was great too. I would happily stay here for a vacation. I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed December 2014
Shkurta D, Chef at Hotel Tegnerlunden, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us here on Tripadvisor.
We welcome and pay close attention to all feedback as it helps us improve our standard and service in line with our guests´ expectations.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments regarding your visit. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Please contact me direct so I can make sure that your next stay with us will be as pleasant as this was.

Shkurta Dragusha
Ass. front desk and reservation manager

shkurta.dragusha@birgerjarl.se

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Essex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

My daughter and I only had a one night stay but I can't fault the hotel at all. I had emailed to request a room early and I was told that they would try to accommodate us. We arrived before 12.00 and they allowed us to have the room which was really helpful. The room size was fine for the two of us, very clean and we were very happy. Breakfast was also very good. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the station and the centre. We found it very easy to explore Stockholm on foot rather than using any transport.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Shkurta D, Chef at Hotel Tegnerlunden, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments regarding your visit, I agree we do have a great breakfast buffet! Our hotel is located in a nice quiet area about 10-15 minutes walking distance from the main city center.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Tegnerlunden.

Shkurta Dragusha
Ass. reception and reservationsmanager

shkurta.draguhsha@birgerjarl.se
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

An overnight in Stockholm to see a clinet and go out to dinner saw me stay here. Easy enought o find and very little parking around the square in which the hotel is located. So I booked a space in the Hotel's secure underground car park. The entrance to which is on another street to the rear of the hotel. The entry is by using the room card key. As i was entering another vehicle was trying to exit. The entrance and exit is a narrow twisting ramp and is very tight, especially in an estate car.

The room was was a typical small hotel room but the furniture in the room was a little too big with very little space between the bed and work desk to get to the door and bathroom.

Bed was comfy and a good night's sleep. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Avoid room 120 very bright street lights outside the window
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Stayed here on business for 2 nights. When I arrived, decor was a bit dated, staff very friendly. Room very small, looks basic. Was told I would have a room with a view, ha, room with a view of houses opposite. Breakfast was very small, not much selection at all. Thankfully very close to city centre. Was ok stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

I am only rating this hotel 3 stars, due to the small sized rooms. I shared a 'twin' room, which was basically two singles squashed together. There was adequate storage for our luggage, it was just really cramped and hard to move around without bumping into things or each other. The bathroom had no window and reminded me of my university halls style ensuite. When you has a shower the entire floor got wet.

The décor is really modern and fresh which I liked. The breakfast was also really good, a wide selection and included in the price. The location is okay, it is about a 20 minute walk to the old town and a bit further to the main attractions and museums. It is close the bus station for the airport and centre of the new town of Stockholm, where you can find the main shopping district.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

Very comfortable room, the service was very helpful and charming. Nice and quiet, clean, and has a lovely breakfast buffet with great views!

Well located with lots of restaurants and pubs nearby, but very quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jenny H, Hotelldirektör at Hotel Tegnerlunden, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the standard of your room and the level of service provided by my colleagues met your expectations. Thank you for your kind words regarding my colleagues and our breakfast buffet.
I agree we do have a perfect location within the city center but in a quite area.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us in the near future and please contact me direct so I can make sure that your next stay with us will be as pleasant as this was.

Jenny Hasselblad
Acting Hotel Manager
jenny.hasselblad@hoteltegnerlunden.se
Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

We stayed at the hotel Tegnerlunden for seven nights in October. Some years ago we also stayed at this hotel and we were interested to see if it was any different to our first experience. Happily, we found that the hotel had maintained its good standards and everything was at least most satisfactory, and some aspects were very good. It is very similar to many other hotels in that the rooms are not large, but the housekeeping team do a good job of keeping them clean and well-presented, which is a pleasure to return to after a day out exploring the delights of Stockholm.
Breakfast was more than ample, fresh and with a variety of hot and cold foods to make selections from. It is served in a very pleasant dining room on the sixth floor, with nice views through very large windows on two sides of the room.
The reception desk staff were all very pleasant and helpful, but one person, Malin, went out of her way to make us feel comfortable and welcome. She was very helpful and patient with all our (probably irritating!) typical tourist questions and also happily assisted in making reservations for day trips, making sure we had umbrellas in the event of rain, etc. She seemed genuinely delighted that we were enjoying our stay in Stockholm. We wish all hotel reception staff were as professional and personable as this!
Overall, this is a nice hotel and we would recommend this one as a reasonably priced (for Stockholm), well located place to stay. We would not hesitate to return to the hotel Tegnerlunden.

Room Tip: Our room was reasonably small, but we understand that the hotel has a number of different types of r...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenny H, Hotelldirektör at Hotel Tegnerlunden, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback here on Tripadvisor. We welcome and pay close attention to all feedback, as it helps us improve our standard and service in line with the expectations of our guests.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us this time as well and that the standard of your room and the level of service provided by my colleagues met your expectations. Thank you for your very kind words regarding my colleague at the Front Desk, Malin, I will pass them on to her and to her Manager. I agree we do have a great location within the city center and our breakfast buffet is definitely worth a visit.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us in the near future, please contact me direct and I will do my best to make your next stay with us as pleasant as this was.

Jenny Hasselblad
Acting Hotel Manager
jenny.hasselblad@hoteltegnerlunden.se

Been to Hotel Tegnerlunden? Share your experiences!