“Small, comfortable Italian restaurant - what they should be like!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Buchetto

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Helsinki, Finland
“Small, comfortable Italian restaurant - what they should be like!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Buchetto is a what a small Italian restaurant should be. The food is delicious, the owner serving his customers with warmth and us the customers get great value for money. I was alone the other evening and decided I needed to congratulate myself with a good meal in what I always think of as a "Donna Leon" style restaurant. When I visit Buchetto I am always thinking about what Commissario Brunetti would be enjoying there and finishing off his meal with a double espresso with two spoons of sugar!
The owner is half Italian (talks and knowlegable - loves his food) and half Finnish (soft spoken and professional - loves his wine). A great combination for a person who knows Capri (his father) and Napoli which house some of the very best restaurants in Italy...
The restaurant is just behind Tegnerlunden near three small hotels and near Grill and Rolfs Kök. This offers great value and good service. Its location is just in one of the side streets and gets easily overlooked, but my recommnedation is serious.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Stockholm, Sweden
“Charming atmosphere, Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stumbled on to this restaurant because it was near our destination and we were hungry. Not on the main street and may be difficult to find but it is a quaint neighborhood Italian restaurant with delicious food, excellent service and good wine. They have their own label wine which was quite tasty and very agreeable with our meals. The waiter was extremely attentive and came with suggestions (which can be rare in Stockholm). I ordered a pasta dish with cream, asparagus, zucchini, artichokes, pine nuts and parmesan. The pasta was cooked to perfection. . .al dente! And the vegetables were fresh and crispy. My wife ordered the Carpaccio which was tasty although it had a little too much lemon on it. Overall we were impressed with this small cozy restaurant and I would definitely recommend it for another visit!

• Visited October 2011