“Very Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scandic Klara

You added Scandic Klara to your Saves list
Scandic Klara
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm 11157, Sweden (Formerly Rica Hotel Stockholm) (Norrmalm)   |
Ranked #76 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I spent 2 nights here and can recommend it. All amenities provided, nice size room, great location. Very quiet (soundproofed) so great for sleeping. Only issue was it was abnormally warm for the time of year and the AC hadn't been turned on yet. Great breakfast and they will make omelets etc. to order.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Vännäs, Västerbottens Län, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Here you are in the middle of Stockholm city. Very nice hotel, newly renovated. Modern room and fresh bathroom. The sauna are good but I prefer a little more heat. Best of all was the breakfast. Good quality in all ingrediences. I really can recomend this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

On one of my buisness visits to Stockholm, my regular hotel was fully booked. Ended up at Rica Stockholm Hotel instead.

When I visited the hotel was under reburbishment, but I didn't notice any noise from the work. All I noticed was a bit messy reception. The entrance to the hotel was hard to find as it looked like a construction site from the outside.

The staff was serviceminded and got away my checkin very quickly. The breakfast was excellent and I enjoyed every bit of it.

However, my room was a small single room. In my opinion they should've refurbished the rooms before the lobby/reception. Out of style and not modern at all. This made me miss my regular hotel in Stockholm. Small single bed and not a lot of space to relax on.

The location of the hotel is excellent in the middle if central Stockholm. Short distance to about everything.

I can recommend this hotel as a second choice, but it is plenty of other and better places to stay in Stockholm if you're visiting.

• Stayed December 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I travel a lot for business and this is by far the worst value for money hotel I stayed in.
I paid 236 Euros for one room and for this price, I would expect excellent service and very good quality standards!

Unfortunately, this hotel is below average, with a very poor customer service.
The rooms are old and plain. In the bathroom there are only two tiny little shower gels bottles! The towels are old and the shower tiny.

What made our stay worse was the very poor service at the reception.
I asked for a recommendation for a sushi restaurant and the receptionist could not even name one. When we asked to store our luggage, we were told that we had to go to the luggage room ourselves, both for leaving and picking it up. What if someone decides to take two bags instead of one only? Nobody is checking!

The only good thing about this hotel is the location: super central and close to the train station.

Apart from this, I would not recommend it and I will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Perfect hotel for business trips. In my case, downtown, close to subway with excellent breakfast and average rooms (but that's OK, since I was only sleeping there). I can recommend. WIFI is for free. Maybe I should add another half point for that. Its 3 and half , the rate is above average but below very good.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

First location, it is perfect and no complain. Staff, well i guess i was just unlucky. I had unpleasent experience with receptionist when leaving hotel. She kept me waiting very long even notice my presence.. Note, i was the only one waiting service.. This is one thing i don´t like. Just overlook your customer and let you stand there looking stupid. For me that was the last time in that hotel.
Breakfast was very good and one interesting thing was that they did not serve alcohol in bar downstairs. For me it was ok. Maybe because of that, the hotel was also pretty quite:)

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great hotel situation is a very strategic location where you are literally 5 minutes walk from everything:

a. Between 2 T-Bana station, T-Centralen and Hotorget
b. Right smack in the middle of Stockholm
c. 5 minutes walk to Gamla Stan, and other places of interest

The staff are friendly and very hospitable, the lobby restaurant is likewise operated by a bunch of really friendly people, and really, not much more to ask for.

Been to Stockholm so many times, stayed in hotels that are cheaper and more expensive, but this certainly gets my vote and highly likely another stay when I am here again.

Room Tip: Don't take the smallest room unless you are a business traveller like myself, otherwise you will...