“Nice area, friendly staff. Need better cleaning.” 2 of 5 stars

You added Scandic Norra Bantorget to your Saves list
Scandic Norra Bantorget
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Wallingatan 15, Stockholm SE-107 24, Sweden (Norrmalm)   |
Ranked #94 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Parainen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A cozy hotel with really nice and helpful personnel. I forgot my phone charger and realized that 12 h after I left, but that was no problem. One phonecall, and they found it and promised to send me it home. Location is perfect, just off of Drottninggatan. Quiet during night time allowing for good night sleep. Really versatile breakfast, a bit crowded though in the morning, since the breakfast room is quite small. The bar is a nice place in the evening for having a drink a two.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com

Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

I stayed here twice recently, both times for 5 days (and just a week apart). Both stays were great - nice room on the 9th floor. The staff are wonderful - Joanna the retaurant manager was specifically attentive. Sadly, I did not catch the names of the front desk staff who were also wonderful. When I arrived for the second stay, I had to be downgraded as they were out of rooms of the class I'd booked. But the next day, they kindly upgraded me to their best room for the rest of my stay! The restaurant in the morning tends to be full, but the buffet is good. Sadly, no expresso, although the coffee is not too bad. I will come back to this hotel the next time I am in Stockholm.

Room Tip: Try to get an even room on the 9th floor - 906, 908, 910 have great views over the roof tops of cent...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

I am currently in the restaurant as I write this...the aesthetic is modern and minimal and it's got a nice vibe.

I have to say the staff are simply lovely, nothing has been too much trouble. The reception guy was a pleasure to deal with and check in was easy and quick.

As a vege I am often limited to what I can find but the girl behind the bar (Johanna) is brilliant - nothing was too much trouble and she had the chef do me something that was just the ticket.

The place, on the face of it, does look a little bit tired in parts and the room (103) wasn't fantastic - but it is functional, clean and so does the job.

It would be ideal for a quick business trip or even a city break if it's a place to lay your head you want.

For space, decor and accommodation it's on par with a Travelodge or Premier Inn but as for service it is 5 star!

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Farnborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2014

Perfect location, great hotel. We stayed there just for one night and we got a free upgrade without asking. The hotel had a small reception area with a tiny shop next to it. Our room was on the nine floor (room 910) in some kind of separate building. It was a bit confusing to get there.

When we opened the door we were amazed by the design of the room. It was beautifully decorated in Scandinavian style, with a lot of wooden features and natural materials. It was very Eco friendly. The room had a high ceiling and massive windows, covered by double curtains and there were also outside automatic blinds. The view was amazing. The bed was very soft for our taste but fine for one night. The bathroom was another piece of modern, minimalistic design. It was clean, with plenty of towels and enough shower gel and moisturiser.

Internet was working fine, TV had a lot of programs to watch, there was a little kettle with coffee and tea sachets. The room was equipped by ironing set but there was no little fridge.

Breakfast was perfect too. Definitely worthy to pay extra. It was best to go there early morning when there were no other guests.

This was one of the best hotels we have stayed during our weekend breaks.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the 9th floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Gothenburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

This is a surprisingly bad hotel given that it is part of a large chain of hotels. It is commonly said that you get what you pay for. This is, however, not true for this hotel. The prices are average for Stockholm, but everything else is below average. The most pronounced feature of the hotel is that it totally lacks any kind of personal touch. The front desk is not unpleasant but not very pleasant either, the interior is dated and my room was located very far away from the reception in a different part of the hotel. The worst part was the breakfast (that was included in the price). I have real difficulties understanding why the hotel even attempts to serve over a hundred tourists breakfast at the same time. No plates, no cups, not even spoons, everyone was trying to get at least a cup of coffee and a sandwich. Absolutely ridiculous! I will not stay at Scandic Norra Bantorget ever again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Gaeta, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Notwithstanding the usual positive side of this hotel (position and breakfast), I spent a dredful stay (9 nights).
18th July: no availibility of the young lady at the reception to solve a simple shower issue (in Sweden their shower system works differently than in Italy): I had to go downstairs and insist to come in my room to check at least, although there were two persons at the desk! Poor figure for the reputation of the Hotel, which was also caught by other guests sitting in the hall.
19th July: problem with the curtains in my room. There were some "veneziane" style curtains between the glasses of each window, so that people (either on the terrace outside or in the rooms in front of mine) could see me: and my privacy? I tried to "blind" my room by myself of course, but no success. So I had to ask again to the reception desk to leave a note for the chambermaid, but the night after I had to leave it by myself attached on the wardrobe! The last night only (the nineth!) I got it done!
Third thing: maddening noise coming from the internal court in the evening till late in the night and in the early morning (during the day I don't know, as I used to be out).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Scandic Norra Bantorget? Share your experiences!