“Not so good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Elite Hotel Adlon

You added Elite Hotel Adlon to your Saves list
Elite Hotel Adlon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vasagatan 42, Stockholm 11120, Sweden (Formerly Adlon Hotell) (Norrmalm)   |
Ranked #58 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Scandinavia
“Not so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

I arrived before check-in time and had asked in advance for a quiet room. First they said there were none left towards the courtyard, but then after a while, they said there were one or two. When I finally came back and the room was supposed to be ready, they gave me a key. Dragging my luggage along, I found this room was facing the front side, with the heavy traffic just underneath. So downstairs again, I was told the maid had forgotten to clean the other room, that's why they gave me this one! So they found the maid and told me to come back later for the room on towards the courtyard. Not the best start.

The room was smaller than the picture, and a bit dark. The bathroom was ok and functional. Although facing the courtyard, the room was quite noisy. There was a constant loud buzz from a ventilation system(?), and there was a sound of some water running and noise from some restaurant tables underneath. The noise was loud enough to make it difficult to hear the TV with the windows open. And no A/C..

The room was reasonably clean, but I had expected more from a Swedish hotel. The drinking glass had greasy fingerprints on it (from a previous guest or from the maid?), and was never changed, although I turned it around to make it looked used. And the toilet seat had spots on it when I arrived. I assume they were clean, but some of the towels and pillow covers were stained.

The staff was not too friendly or helpful. When I asked for exact directions to the transportation to airport, I was given a sort of a "over there" answer. And when I asked her for more exact information and to mark it on a map, she was annoyed and she actually marked the wrong streets.

If you need to be close to the transportation hub, the location is good, -if not, this is not exactly the nicest area of Stockholm.

For me the best part was the water boiler and the hardwood floor, -and I got a good price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Turkish first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

We stayed there for 3 nights. Location was very good. Reception was good and freindly.Breakfast was good (but not excellent). We paid them about 7000 SEK for 3 nights, but when we wanted to leave,we didn't have 31 SEK. They forced us to give them 31 SEK. We went to exchange offices and they laughed at us. Finally we had to give them 5 euros (=50 SEK) but they returned us only 13 SEK (they charged us more than exchange offices). In our country, the hotels don't ask for such a small money to pay.
We will go to this hotel in other countires, only if they use Euros.

Trondheim, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Good and friendly personal. Comfortable bed. Bathroom was not OK-cleaned, but I could leave with that.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

We arrived earlier in the morning than expected and had a serious case of jet lag. The kind woman at the front desk told us to have a seat, offered us something to drink and within 15 minutes had our room ready for us. That was a wonderful welcome and a good sign of things to come.

We had asked for a quiet room, and except for some interrupted sleep due to housekeeping cleaning the room above us,because we checked in so early, the room was indeed quiet and comfortable. Our room looked out to a small inner courtyard. That area was not usable for guests but was great because there was no road or other noise. Not much of a view but perfect for those that appreciate a quiet room.

The room was small but one of the most efficiently laid out rooms we have ever seen. Lots of closet space in an armoir, desk top space for working, hooks and a small shelf right at the entry, two comfortable chairs and a small table to have our coffee(provided in the room) and a small bathroom, but once again, very efficient in use of space. The bath and room in general were very comfortable for two people. We had a standard double room.

The breakfast room was beautiful and the choices were incredible! One of the nicest and brightest breakfast rooms of our entire trip. The whole grain breads were so fresh, the meats and cheeses were wonderful quality, lots of cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit, eggs and so many other extras. The coffee was outstanding. And the staff kept the buffet fresh and beautiful.

Every time we had a question or request from the front desk they were quick and cheerful to assist us. Although our stay was short we felt like special guests here due to the staff's wonderful treatment of us. One more plus, this hotel is less than a five minute walk from the train station and so close to many restaurants, shops and sights. A truly delightful stay!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

I picked this hotel based on the recommendations here. While it wasn't a spectacular stay, there wasn't anything disappointing either.

The room was on the small side, but it was functional. The curtains didn't really close fully, which did cause problems in Summer as sunrise is at 3AM. There is no individually operated air conditioning which made it a bit hot in the room sometimes.

The staff were friendly and efficient.

The location is very good, so that makes the price good value. There aren't many good hotels in the sub 1K SEK range.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Miami, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

This was my second stay at the Adlon in Stockholm. The location is great. Close to the train and bus station and within walking distance of most everything. Breakfast was very good and the service was great. My only complaint was no air conditioning.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

This is my second stay at the Adlon Hotel after an absence of 10 years. It is even better than I remembered. The location is perfect--close to Gamla Stan and most importantly, Central Station. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Stockholm.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Elite Hotel Adlon? Share your experiences!