“Great location, but the room was very basic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Amaranten

You added Clarion Hotel Amaranten to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Amaranten
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm 104 20, Sweden (Formerly First Hotel Amaranten)   |
Special Offer
Up to 15% OFF Room rate
Ranked #103 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Helsingborg, Sweden
“Great location, but the room was very basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed with my wife over the weekend in the Clarion Amaranten.
Very friendly staff (although the hotel was fully booked), good breakfast offering and very nearby central station (800m by feet or one subway station). A subway station (Rådhuset) is around the corner.
I rate the room poor as it is really small, the ventilation is noisy and the first night the heating did not work (was fixed next day). Also some paint is flaking off the ceiling (room 601). It is a low budgeted room, but did not meet basic expectations.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Clarion_Amaranten, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Amaranten, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience regarding your room.

Most welcome back.
Warm wishes
Chatrine Andersson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Windsor and Maidenhead, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I endured a cold shower each morning despite asking for it to be fixed every day. It has a great location next to the Radhuset station but seems lacking the passion for customer service. The lobby bar was good with a great bartender.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Thank you for posting your review on the Trip Advisor even though we could have scored a little better this time. I am so sorry for the inconvenience regarding the shower.

Please let me know personally when you are coming next time and I will give you a free upgrade.

Have a nice day,
Helsingborg, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This night cost me almost 2000 SEK (expensive). The only thing close to modern/fresh in this hotel is the interior of the elevator. The rest feels like the 80's. The street outside is really noisy (traffic lights on the corner of the hotel meaning engine revs in most rooms facing street!). At least you will not feel alone, the ventilation system in bathroom (also very old and torn) transports neighbours discussions and phone calls so you can take part in the dialogue. I will continue staying with Clarion Sign and Comfort but unfortunately they were fully booked. As a silver member of choice hotels I am surprised this hotel is part of the chain as there is no value for money at all. Friendly staff reception by Jasmine could unfortunately not make up for above. :(

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Clarion_Amaranten, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Amaranten, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay and nice compliment to Jasmine at the Front Desk.

We apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay us at Clarion Hotel Amaranten. We have a started a renovation which we have been longing for and we have already opened some new rooms and a brand new restaurant.

I hope you will give us another chance and come back again!

Have a good day,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good location on Kungsholmen, close to the Central train station and easy to get taxis. Close to the water if you want to go for a run.

I booked a 'Small room' - and it was very small, but the bed was a wide single, and very comfortable. The bathroom, however, was not. The shower did not have a partition, hence the whole bathroom floor got wet. There was no heating in the floor, the tiles were extremely cold (it was November). There was a heating lamp that you could turn on for 5 min at a time, but it was so noisy and provided limited heating. There was hardly any shelf space to put toiletries on. There was also no toiletries provided from the hotel except soap - this seems to be a Scandinavian thing which I do not get, a bit of cotton, some q-tips, body lotion etc. cannot cost that much.

The hotel claims to have a 'save the environment'-policy where they don't change the towels you hang on the rack, however the towel I left on the rack was changed...

The hotel's lobby bar is always buzzing, which is quite nice, however at breakfast it was way too busy, you had to queue to get a seat at 7.30am. This is not good enough, especially as I see other reviews mentioning the same thing, this must be happening a lot. Once I got a seat, the breakfast was very good - as it generally is in Scandinavia.

The hotel restaurant had great food, as did Marcus Samuelsson's restaurant Kitchen & Table next door.

The wi-fi was free, but slow, and hardly worked in my room on the first floor.

Room Tip: The 'Small doubles' are indeed small - but fine if you're on your own and not staying in...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for sharing your views about the Clarion Hotel Amaranten at Trip Advisor.

Most welcome back!
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Friendly staff front desk and bar. Hotel gloomy access to rooms needs Renovating. I saw that some rooms are being redone which is a good sign. Breakfast is Good with addition of omellette cook. Clean up of used dishes on table could be faster. Overall, i will go back there for the value (got good coorporate rate)

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Feedback from our guests is always highly appreciated and valued. I am glad to hear that you liked our new Omelette Chef.

We hope to see you soon again at Amaranten!

Take Care!
BR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

During my husbands business trip we stayed in the hotel for 4 nights with our 6months daughter. The room was so cold our daughter became sick.i told the reception who didnt do anything untill the next night a polite receptionist brought us an element and just the night after they fix the rooms element domehow it became warm without me doimg anything.i think if you have rooms to let you should at least check frequently the heating because u are in sweeden with 0 grade outside u know?.the windows was also in bad condition so I had to stuff in front pillows to prevent cold air coming in thank God they had plenty of pillows!!!they came to clean the room and they left our cups dirty didnt fill up what was missing and when I asked for coffe sticks they told me they had ordered them but didnt receive them...again just u should order long before they are about to finish. I have traveled a lot stayed in very cheap hotels but this was by far my worst experience and come to think I never ask for too much for a room.

• Stayed November 2014
Thank you for reviewing us here on Tripadvisor.
We are very grateful for all the feedback we received from you, it truly helsp us to improve the hotel, as well as ourselves.

If I may, I would love to be in touch with you about your experience and also to thank you for the feedback. I would be most grateful to receive an e-mail from you in order for me to be able to contact you.

I hope you are well and sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall the hotel was great, lovely (and beautiful) staff, great breakfast, a few weird things though:

Decided to order room service... but the phone was missing from my room. So I had to go down to reception to order room service to my room (not really room service then is it), and still had to pay the room service fee which is 100kr if i remember correctly. Ordered a caesar salad. Salads are oten a gamble, in this case I lost! Check the photo.

The hotel reception had curling which was awesome!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Hello!

Thanks for your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you liked our staff :)
I am so sorry for the inconvenience regarding room service order.

I hope to see you soon again in Stockholm, most welcome back!

Have a lovely day
Chatrine

Been to Clarion Hotel Amaranten? Share your experiences!