“Cosy 4*” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Cosy 4*”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel is absolutly perfect located. Close to T-Central therefore almost middle of the City. 5 Walking-Min to Gamla Stan and kind of behind Kungs and Drottningsgatan. Cosy, individ. furnished rooms give a home feeling. Could be a my Bed and livingroom. Helpfull friendly Staff, ok Breakfast, cosy. Needs to be careful in cleanness and maybe some renovations soon to keep up great standards today. Take it for a Business- or WE trip! Tack så mycket. Ser er igen.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The location is excellent - across the street from the Arlanda Express and short to the main attractions and the stores in Stockholm, Drottninggatan, I was in the 6´th floor and the wi fi did not work perfectly there, but in the lobby it was excellent. The room was fine and clean and I hade a small kitchen wth good coffe and tee to brew. The staff was nice and it is a friendly hotell.

Ramat Gan, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at the Freys for 3 nights, and did not expect much. I was surprised to find a very comfortable hotel, with a room that was small but extremely comfortable, excellent breakfast, and a very nice service. The decoration of the room was nice (I even had a teddy bear on the bed, how cute!), and the hotel seemed to run very efficiently.
The location is excellent - just across the street from the Arlanda Express and the central train station, in proximity to the main attractions and the stores in Stockholm. The WiFi reception was good, and I enjoyed my stay very much.
I only had three small problems - it was difficult to get the elevator in the morning, the bed was a little too soft for me, and the curtains did not close well. But all in all I enjoyed my stay.

U.S.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Clean, nicely decorated. The room was just too small to be comfortable, even with what little carry-on luggage the two of us had. No safe in the room.

Really did not like the tiny bathroom with inconveniently placed collapsable shower cabin.

Very good location, close to the Central Station, which is the reason we booked it. Walking distance from Gamla Stan and the City Hall. Average breakfast.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location 100m from the train direct from the airport. I really can't put my finger on it but this hotel left me cold. Tiny room (had to side step around bed to get into it or out ) nothing like the website photo. Had to crawl under desk to plug in kettle and burnt myself on pipes for fridge. Disappointing.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

With it's sentral location and beautiful interior I had high expectations for Frey's hotel. The rooms are lovely with good size, and have lots of character. I had booked a one-night stay for a business trip. Upon arrival, I did not receive a word of welcome or indeed a smile from the staff, who throughout my stay seemed totally uninterested in communicating with their guests in a professional way. The hotel computer system had wrongly booked me for two nights (I made the reservation via the hotel's website). The receptionist started a discussion with me whether I had made the mistake. I showed the confirmation of the one-night stay as proof. The receptionist made no effort to apologize for the mistake, and other enquiries I made was met with rolling eyes and a generally condersending attitude. The staff seemed more interested in chatting to each other than dealing with the guests, and they spoke freely about other guests in a negative way in front of me. I was frankly shocked about this complete lack of customer service and unprofessional behavior. The heart of a great hotel experience, no matter how beautiful the interior, is it's staff. Frey's hotel is lovely on the outside, and charmeless and cold on the inside.

Charlotta B, Manager at Freys Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Sir,

We are most sorry for the impression we caused you. However we would very much appreciate to get in Contact with you in order to further discuss what happened and how we can make it up to you.
Please contact me.

Warmest regards.
Freys Hotel
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed 3 nights in very comfortable, but small room with a mini-fridge. It prepared us for the cruise ship cabin which was even smalller. We had a standard twin room with beds pushed together to make a king-size bed. We found a "fall special" online at Frey's website and paid 3939 Krona for 3 nights including breakfast. The bathroom was immaculate and had good toiletries and big fluffy white towels. Large flat-screen tv mounted on wall.
The location was perfect - directly across from Arlanda Express train (hotel can sell you tickets) and easy walking to Gamla Stan and sights in Normalm. Included breakfast had many choices in the attached restaurant. Dinner and lunch was available there also, but we ate elsewhere so can't rate. The restaurant was always busy, so probably a good sign, but it was fairly expensive. We had an early morning flight and the reception arranged breakfast boxes to go. Staff was very helpful even though the reception area was being rearranged and painted.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Freys Hotel? Share your experiences!