“awesome - this hotel really doesn't give a shame to the king's name” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl

You added Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl to your Saves list
Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Birger Jarlsgatan 21 | P.O. Box 1776, Stockholm 111 87, Sweden   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% discount
Ranked #38 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Konstanz, Germany
“awesome - this hotel really doesn't give a shame to the king's name”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Ok, I had a very special room - upgraded without any request.
It was awesome, the room, he atmosphere, even the service soved a small problem with the receipt address quick and uncomplicated, simply via email.
Breakfast was also delicious, and nothing important missed, the room is small but the atmosphere is also phantastic..

Room Tip: First have a look at the room and remain it untouched until you decide to take it or ask politely fo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I arrived 7 AM on a Sunday morning , having no sleep the night before, I needed a room then and there at 7 AM (My check in time was 3 PM) got a small little room, but a room at 7 AM.
Could have upgraded my room to what was booked at a later point, but then I had to repack my stuff so I was in this little room by my own will. The room was facing the street on the 5th floor and had no problem with street noises. The phone in the was not working OK so I used the one at the front desk (Guess most have cellphones and never use regular phones ? ).
The reason I give this hotel 5 stars is the front desk. Pauline, Jenny and all of you.

Thanks,
Lennart Dahlstrom

Atlantic Highlands, NJ, USA

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thessaloniki, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I visited Stockholm again on a business trip. I have been using this hotel for years now as it is very conveniently located at the beginning of a main pedestrian street and close to where I am heading. People working there are always very helpful and polite, breakfast is fine but rooms are very small (at least single rooms). A decent hotel for you to choose if you do not intend to stay in for long.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Christian O, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us during your trips to Stockholm! Our room categories vary in size, so for your next trip, please feel free to contact me directly at christian.ostlundh@hkchotels.se and I will be happy to guide you to find the room category that best suits your needs.

Roskilde, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Was back in Stockholm for another visit, and decided to give Kung Carl another chance to win me over.

And win me over, he did!

First of all, there is still a mismatch between the ordering system my company offers for booking hotels, so I did not know what to expect when I showed up on monday evening this week. Jennifer, the nice and competent girl servicing me in the reception, quickly had me checked in and upgraded to a very nice and spacious double room, much to my surprise.

The room was very tasty in its decoration, not the same horrifying decor as my last visit, and with the windows facing away from the always-busy Birger Jarls Gatan. It quickly dawned on my, that my expectations for my first visit a few months back, simply were wrong. Kung Carl offers a unique experience for almost every room in the hotel, offering an invitation to come back and try another room, and then another!

I still stand by my advise to ask for a room as high as possible, facing away from Birger Jarls Gatan - I even recommend you to pay a little extra for this, if needed. Apart from that, Kung Carl has definitely grown on me, and this has not been my last visit.

The last "star", keeping Kung Carl from gaining all 5 stars, is because of lack of available tv channels (sorry, I guess I'm a bit spoiled and not having Discovery available was a bit of a let-down :-/) as well as the lack of a pool/spa (I know, this will never happen in such an old building as the one Kung Carl is located in).

Room Tip: Again, ask for a room as high as possible and away from Birger Jarls Gatan.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff- I arrived at 1am and still found a nice welcome.
The only issue I had was with the room size. As above, I found the room very small, even after an upgrade. It was ok for me as I was on business, with hand luggage only. But a couple would have found this room too small. Disappointing, given this was not a cheap room.
Everything else about this hotel is very satisfactory. E.g staff, service, breakfast, location...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Christian O, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us. We do have small and large rooms, in total we have 9 categories covering small single rooms, classic single rooms, classic double rooms, superior double rooms, family rooms, deluxe double rooms, deluxe bath rooms, junior suite, and last but not least one suite.

I would be very grateful if you wouldn’t mind getting back to me directly with your name (or room number), so that we can review whether the room you stayed in is definitely correctly categorised. My e-mail is christian.ostlundh@hkchotels.se.

Many thanks again and I wish you a great day.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The hotel has a unique style - all rooms are different, with individual decor. The room I had was reasonably spacious, but was very poorly lit - very small window, and room lighting was from silly "Eco" lights (read: low watt, low power, low light). It was barely light enough to work at the desk.

Bed was reasonably comfortable, but was initially made up as two twins pushed together, rather than as a double that I'd booked, so I had to get the bed re-made up as a double - twin mattresses were not joined, so every morning I awoke to find the two halves had started to part. Also, even after the bed was re-made into a double, only twin quilts were provided. Pillows were not feather, very soft and left me with a stiff neck each morning.

The bathroom was functional, but water pressure in the shower was dry poor. Towels provided were limited, no face clothes were provided, and on my last night, only one bath towel was provided.

Breakfast (inc in my rate) was nothing special - the usual continental menu, with a couple of hot dishes. The restaurant in the evening was always busy, but I didn't eat there, as the one time I tried to, I was told no tables were available!

One thing that was very good was Internet connectivity - it's free, available throughout the hotel, with good connections everywhere, and fast - very fast (sometimes I was getting 80-90MB/s downloads!)

Overall, not somewhere I'd recommend. The facilities, room comfort and amenities do not justify the price paid (almost £200/night).

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Christian O, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your feedback. If it is not too much trouble, would it perhaps be possible for you to let us know the room number of the room you stayed in? We would very much like to look into the items you describe and fix any faults. I can be reached on christian.ostlundh@hkchotels.se and I would be very grateful for your help.

Many thanks in advance.

Tampere, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

The room was on top floor and coziest hotel room I have seen. Spacy enough, good wifi, clean bathroom and shower. Only minus was the big video ad across the street which was blinking through the curtains at night.

Breakfast was disappointing.

Been to Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl? Share your experiences!