“Professional staff members make things perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Hotel Stockholm South

You added Mercure Hotel Stockholm South to your Saves list
Mercure Hotel Stockholm South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vastertorpsvagen 131 | Hägersten, Stockholm 129 44, Sweden (Formerly Ibis Stockholm Hagersten)   |
Ranked #71 of 157 Hotels in Stockholm
“Professional staff members make things perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We highly satisfied the customer services. Very quick check-in and -out. Thanks that I could get sew 針線 to repaire my broken jacket.

An appreciation must be given to Mr. Bendon.

It was on 13th March, we were staying with Mercure Hotel. In the evening, we suddently noticed that our flight to Iceland on 14th was cancelled (rather than delay) because of strong wind in Iceland. On one hand, we were hurry to write emails for re-arranging the train tickets, air-tickets, tours booking, and the itinerary. On the other hand, we approached the hotel reception to seek help. I have to say that it was my great luck to run into Mr. Bendon who helped us a lot in that night.

After Mr. Bendon knew the sitiations of us, he immediately offered his great helps and liaise with the airlines during the night. His professionalism made me feel more comfortable under this uncertain and ad hoc situation. In the early morning next day, Ms Cecilia, a sincere lady at the hotel reception counter, told me that our air-tickets were re-scheduled on 15th. A good news for us after the long night.

I still remember Mr. Bendon's helpful advices, his sincere, his patient, and his efficient actions. His promtly assistances did help us a lot. I heartfully thanks to Mr. Bendon and Mercure hotel again.

By Lau from HK

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
NorseHotels, Hotelldirektör at Mercure Hotel Stockholm South, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear klM,

Many thanks for you commnets on our Hotel & Service, I have adressed this with all members of my Team and especiallyJean Paul.
We look forward to seeing you soon again on your next trip to Stockholm

Best regards
Mark A. Carberry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Tartu, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I did enjoy staying in this hotel. The room was big and spacious, the TV was big enough to see from the bed. Sleep quality also superb - a bunch of pillows and a fluffy blanket did help a lot. Wifi is free and the speed is all right.
Some things could be better - although the bathroom is very nice, they seem to have saved some crowns on the shower head solution. Could be better...this endless ajusting of it and still you end up standing with your nose against the wall because of the low water pressure. The manager should try taking a shower in there :)
Breakfast is very basic. Some improvement is badly needed there...sausages and beans would improve the whole thing. At the moment there are three types of eggs and bacon to choose from.
But eventually the price and the quality are just right. The hotel is a bit in the middle of nowhere but if you have a car, no problem. Service is very responsive and quick.
I arrived late on sunday, quite a bit drunk and agry that the hotel bar is closed. Made a fuss and threatened to complain on Tripadvisor. The girl at the reception handled the whole situation very professionally, explained the situation 20 times and never lost her nerve.
And really, I have nothing to complain about.
It's a good hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
NorseHotels, Hotelldirektör at Mercure Hotel Stockholm South, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Anton
Many thanks for your commnets on Tripadadvisor regarding our Hotel. We look forward to seeing
you soon again on your next visit

Kindest Regards
Mark A Carberry
Nahariya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

The hotel is nicely decorated.The rooms are very nice .There is no view from the window.Breakfest was very good with a large choice of hot and cold dishes.There is a lot of parking near the hotel.public transportation is not near the hotel and you have a nice walk to the station /We had a car so it was not a problem

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
NorseHotels, Hotelldirektör at Mercure Hotel Stockholm South, responded to this review, January 25, 2015
Dear Ohrly Nahar

Many thanks for your comments omn tripAdvisor, we really appreciate the feed back.
Looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Stockholm

Kindest Regards
Mark A Carberry
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

So I was encountering sticker shock at the hotel prices in Stockholm during November which I would have thought it would be off season. Guess there is no off season. I ended up coming across a rate that was 50% less than the hotel chain that I normally stay in, and when you include the fact that they provide breakfast it was an easy sell for me.

The check in was a fast process and during the entire stay always encountered friendly staff. The room is small compared to US standards but on par for Europe. The bed was a nice size so that is more important to me than room size, since I was on vacation I was not planning on being in the room much. The hotel in general is modern and well maintained. The breakfast was pretty phenomenal (I had the best scrambled eggs I have ever had in my life). They have a great fitness center that unfortunately I did not use cause I was walking around Stockholm so much I didn't think I needed it.

The only down side would be location as it is in the suburbs, but if location is your main driver and you are willing to pay 2-3x more than find a hotel in the city centre. If easy access to city center and save a substantial money then this is the hotel for you. It is a 10 min walk to the subway station, then about a 10-15 min trip to the city centre. Around the station by the hotel are some shops and two grocery stores and a fantastic bakery. If you take the pedestrian trail over the interstate you can catch the 173 bus to the largest IKEA in the world and 3 different shopping malls. The bus ride took about 10 minutes. I am keeping this hotel in my list of hotels to come back to when I visit Stockholm.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
NorseHotels, Hotelldirektör at Mercure Hotel Stockholm South, responded to this review, December 13, 2014
Dear Martinpj 1
Many thanks for your kind comments on our Hotel.
We look forward to seeing again soon on your next visit to Stockholm.

Best Regards
Mark A. Carberry

Been to Mercure Hotel Stockholm South? Share your experiences!