“Nice views” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Scandic Foresta

You added Scandic Foresta to your Saves list
Scandic Foresta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Herserudsvaegen 22 | Lindingo island, Stockholm 18125, Sweden   |
Ranked #75 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Helsinki
“Nice views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a classy old property right next door to Millesgården. Basically the proximity to Millesgården is the main reason to stay here. Nothing special in the new building/ extension. Breakfast was typical. All in all, we had a pretty good stay

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

I had some points to redeem and thought it might be nice to take advantage of them before they expired. I choose Foresta in part because of the location, thinking of the nearness to water (and to Millesgården - however that's another review!) and nice walks but also because the building itself is steeped in history. for instance the Beatles stayed here in 1964 after playing a gig at Johanneshov stadium. Upon arrival we were made to feel very welcome and on the whole the staff were very polite, pleasant and welcoming during our one night stay. The room was a "family" room with a double bed and a sofa bed. Big window with a spectacular view over "mainland" Stockholm. Nice and clean although quite chilly with no way of turning up the heat. Prior to the stay we were informed that the hotel was busy with many conferences and that there would be no a la carte dining in the evening. Instead they were offering a barbecue buffet which we thought would be nice. On arriving to the restaurant we were showed to a table in on of the turrets which was nice as we had the lovely view. The table was set with a napkin each, 2 glasses and a carafe of water. No cutlery, no table cloth, no candles, no flowers. Mu husbands remark was that it was like sitting at a desk! Anyway, we were asked what we'd like to drink and the waitress gave us the names of two wines. No drinks menu. The "barbecue" buffet was a appalling. There was (on heaters) chunks of salmon, pieces of meat (I later asked the waitress what it was and it was veal), bits of fatty, sliced chicken with skin on (not crispy!) and some tasteless sausages. There were no signs in front of the food so you had to guess what you were eating. The accompaniments were all cold. We understand that this hotel mainly caters for large conference parties - however, in spite of large numbers of guests, the quality of the food should be able to be better. Because the quality of the food was so poor and it was not cheap, we will not be staying (or eating) at this hotel again. And if you are travelling to Stockholm and get a good deal for a room here: please eat somewhere else!

Room Tip: Choose a room high up so that you get the view!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I stayed here in August 2014 on business and I would say that my overall impression of the hotel was really good.

From the outset I will say this hotel is not central, but to be honest that isn't really an issue as the transport to get into the city is really easy and quick, I would say no more than 30 mins max, but it doesn't feel that long really and is actually quite enjoyable. Just a short walk, a bus over the bridge and then Tunnelbana into the centre. That may sound like a bit of a headache, but I assure you it is really straightforward. They also sell tickets for the entire journey at the hotel reception, so no need to have bus money etc. When booking the hotel it seemed that Stockholm was full and I was worried that this hotel was going to be a nightmare because of the location, but in the end it was really no issue at all.

The hotel itself was actually quite nice. It sits on the side of the hill looking over the water and has really nice views. I managed to get a room on the reception side of the building which meant that the view from my room was lovely (picture attached).

The reception was nice and large, and seemed in a good state of repair. The room I was given (I believe it may have been a family room as I booked last minute) was huge, with a sofa, an armchair and my double (2 singles) bed. The windows in the room were again huge, which made the most of the excellent view. The room was clean and tidy (including the good size bathroom), had a large TV, desk, coffee table and Tea/Coffee making facilities. Really the room was of a good standard and I'd recommend it (room 415).

I also ate in the Bistro on one evening and the food was really good. I had steak and it was great quality, served by a friendly waitress. I also sampled a couple of beers too (served by a poor barman who had to bring them from outside in the rain - They only have an outside bar) which were really good.

The breakfast each morning was again in the Bistro and this was also great quality, a typical buffet style with everything you could want i.e. breads, cheeses, cereals and hot food too. I've seen some reviews say that the Bistro is tiny and I'd agree is isn't big, but this actually was fine. I believe the hotel was pretty maxed out when I was there and I certainly wasn't sitting on anyone's lap or anything.

Generally the staff in the hotel were fine, which I know may sound a bit naff, but while I have nothing to complain about I wasn't bowled over with kindness and help, but having said that my needs are relatively simple. They were polite when I was speaking to them and they helped when I asked, which really is all you want I would suggest.

I have stayed in hotels in the centre of Stockholm and they have been great, particularly their location, but I would say I was not really disappointed to have stayed in this hotel on my last trip. It was good quality, the room was good, the location was fine and the staff were fine too. I would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the side that the hotel entrance is on, the higher the better I would say so y...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jenny S, Receptionschef at Scandic Foresta, responded to this review, September 14, 2014
Hello

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that we overcame your expectations and that you had such a good stay with us. The walk over the bridge is really enjoyable like you say. Warm welcome back to us.

Leuven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the presidential suite. Beautiful room with a nice bathroom, great views and lot's of space. The room is not in perfect condition and could use some paint but the overall feeling was very possitive. The second sofa bed was fine for our daughter but maybe not ideal for an adult.
Breakfast was fine with enough choice but the breakfast room was a bit small.
The staff were really friendly and the bistro served some tasty food at very reasonable prices. You need to take a bus ( or walk over the bridge) and a subway to get to Stockholm but this is a very easy and fast connection.
Don't know about the other rooms but we would certainly like to stay in this suite again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hello

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. So happy to hear that you overall had such a good stay in our Presidential suite and enjoyed the food in our Bistro. Hope to see you as our guest soon again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

One of my favorite hotel in Stockholm. Amazing view, big rooms, perfect breakfast, helpful and nice stuff, perfect location for those who likes silent and comfort. It takes only 10 min to get into the center of the city by subway or 25 min by bus. Would gladly recommend this hotel to everyone who would like to live in the one of the lux island in Stockholm, where many of Swedish celebrity live on.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hello

Thank you for your amazing words regarding your stay with us. Makes me so proud to hear that we are your favorite hotel in Stockholm with our calm, beautiful surroundings and good service, Warm welcome back to us.

Cedar Grove, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This hotel has a certain reputation to live up to being known as the hotel of choice for businesspeople, but I have to say it doesn't quite live up to expectations.
First of all, the web site states "15 minutes from central Stockholm". Maybe by car. If you travel by public transport you'll need to take both a bus and the subway to get to downtown Stockholm and it takes at least 30 minutes, not an ideal solution if you have heavy suitcases.
Secondly, the room had probably not been updated in the last 30 years. Walls were in need of a fresh coat of paint, extra beds were terrible, the armchair was so worn down nobody would sit in it and the bathroom sink had cracks and dents.
Breakfast buffet: the web site states "choose among hundreds of dishes". This is the worst overstatement ever. I did appreciate the effort to offer organic alternatives, but not everyone wants whole wheat bread and granola. The only fruit was whole apples. The pancakes were microwaved and hard. The first morning almost everything was finished when we came for breakfast (at 8.30am), the second morning was better, but still not what I expect from a hotel buffet at that price.
Overall I would say that it's a clean, quiet, but overpriced and overrated hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with water view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us our guests comments are very important. I am so sorry to hear that we did not succeed your expectations. We take your feedback seriously and will use these to improve our standards. Hope to see you as our guest again.

Best regards
Jenny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Clean silence hotel with big family rooms and great wiev. Surely reccomend! Also families with kids. My son was very happy to "own" full sofa by himself. By the way all sofas where replaced last week ;)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello
Thank you for your nice review from your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you had such a good stay with us and that your son slept well in our new bed sofas. Thank you for recommending our hotel hope to see you as our guest soon again.

Best regards Jenny

Been to Scandic Foresta? Share your experiences!