I stayed at this hotel with my two children, aged 18 months and 8. The double room I booked with the two beds next to each other was perfect for me and the oldest girl, and for the youngest the hotel delivered a wooden crib on wheels with mattress and bedding, and a set of extra towels. The crib did not have side protection, so guests with very young babies might want to cover the sides with towels.
We really only slept and had breakfast at the hotel, but the beds were comfortable and the view great. The sun gets up early in the morning and blasts into the room in the summer though, as the rooms with the view face south, and the blackout curtains can't quite compensate for this. Nevertheless, we slept anyway, but this might have been a problem had we stayed for more nights. The room lacked at kettle, but I did not expect more than the basics as this is after all a Scandic, although it would have been a nice touch since I usually need hot water for the baby's milk. Anyway, the restaurant downstairs helped me in the morning.
The room was basic, with a small toilet/shower, and they offered soap and shampoo from dispensers. The hotel also has an environmental profile with a recycling unit in the room, and had some basic furniture and a tv. The breakfast buffet downstairs was fine, where they offered (to me) typically Swedish things like yoghurt, cereal, sourdough bread, crispbread, ham and cheese, some fruit, coffe, tea, juices from a machine and a few hot dishes like scrambled eggs and sausages. Breakfast was crowded and the staff very busy refilling the buffet, in fact they had a hard time keeping up. They could have used an extra person employed in there.
Around the corner from the restaurant was a small play corner for kids, and by the reception a shop for necessities. Up the road is a sculpture museum Millesgarden that has quite a nice restaurant (we had some very nice meatballs there). There is a large supermarket and a few shops a 10-minute walk from the hotel (Torsvikstorg). Five minutes further is a petrol station that sells coffee, and another 10 minutes is the local shopping center (Lidingo centrum) with coffee shops etc. The area is very walkable.
I did not experience any problem with the staff, in fact the man at reception was extremely nice.
The biggest problem with the hotel I thought was that although it is very close to Stockholm City (across the bridge, then hop on the underground), the taxi from Arlanda Airport with one of the major taxi companies cost over 800 kronor since the hotel is outside the city limits. I can recommend Green Cab (www.green-cab.se) for travel to/from the airport instead, as I used them for the return journey and it cost 540 kronor.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Foresta Hotel
- Scandic Foresta Stockholm
- Scandic Foresta Hotel Stockholm
- Best Western Sweden
- Stockholm Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The impressive Scandic Foresta hotel is located on Lidingo island in Stockholm's central archipelago, only 15 minutes from Stockholm city centre.The Scandic Foresta hotel lets you explore both Stockholm and the charming Lidingo island. Lidingo offers great opportunities for outdoor activities throughout the year. Enjoy walking, biking, a round of golf or head into the city centre to experience all that Stockholm has to offer. Don't miss a visit to neighbouring Millesgarden, the home and art gallery of the famous artist Carl Milles.Scandic Foresta has been an important meeting place since 1910 when Wilhelmina Shogh first opened the doors to her castle on the cliff. At the Scandic Foresta hotel you can arrange a meeting or conference in one of our 13 meeting rooms, or plan an event in the castle turret. In the evening you're welcome to enjoy a delicious dinner in our hotel restaurant, with views over Stockholm and its waters. At the hotel you can also enjoy our lobby bar, shop and gym as well as free access to wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Scandic Foresta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.