We have stayed in this hotel before (we negotiated a good price on their top suite - great!). This time a relative from Japan stayed one night in a room with a very nice view. But... We wanted to spend time together so we booked an outdoor table in their restaurant. They recommended their grilled menu. To quote our guest regarding the meat: "it was barely eatable". The owenbaked potato and the corn on the cob was like rubber (probably micro heated). The only parts that was ok was the coleslaw and the green asparagus (finished in a blink, one of us only got a little (see picture). Staff was nice but sometimes literally running over the floor - undermanned! The next morning we wanted to have a nice breakfast together. Now the coffee was good (even though the machine did not work properly) but there was no toast at all. The woman in charge said that we should toast the "normal", round bread instead (see picture). I have never had a hotel breakfast in the western world without toast! Our general impression is that Hotel Foresta is struggling for survival, undermanned and with cut-cost material in the restaurants. Their rooms are clean, nicely decorated and have wonderful views, but don't eat anything in this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The impressive Scandic Foresta hotel is located on Lidingo island in Stockholm's central archipelago, only 15 minutes from Stockholm city centre.The Scandic Foresta hotel lets you explore both Stockholm and the charming Lidingo island. Lidingo offers great opportunities for outdoor activities throughout the year. Enjoy walking, biking, a round of golf or head into the city centre to experience all that Stockholm has to offer. Don't miss a visit to neighbouring Millesgarden, the home and art gallery of the famous artist Carl Milles.Scandic Foresta has been an important meeting place since 1910 when Wilhelmina Shogh first opened the doors to her castle on the cliff. At the Scandic Foresta hotel you can arrange a meeting or conference in one of our 13 meeting rooms, or plan an event in the castle turret. In the evening you're welcome to enjoy a delicious dinner in our hotel restaurant, with views over Stockholm and its waters. At the hotel you can also enjoy our lobby bar, shop and gym as well as free access to wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Scandic Foresta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Foresta Stockholm
- Scandic Foresta Hotel Stockholm
- Best Western Sweden
- Stockholm Best Western