“fantastic especially on holidays” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 144 Attractions in Stockholm
Type: Bodies of Water, Outdoors
Istanbul, Turkey
19 attraction reviews
“fantastic especially on holidays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

When you buy a Stockholm Card you can either take the Royal Channel Tour or the Historical Channel Tour for free. When we took one we decided take also the other as we thought it would worth to pay and we were right. It was holiday and we saw many local people having a picnic, jogging, even horse riding which seemed so joyful. Views were fantastic. Strongly recommended.

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montréal
3 attraction reviews
“Good overview”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Good overview of the city located on different islands, from the water. Good but not great, commentary was good. Make sure to go on a nice day. Boats are covered so sheltered from the wind.

UK
107 attraction reviews
“Time tables go up and down like a yo yo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I been on 4 boat tours
1. The Royal Canal Tour - good
2 Historic Canal Tour - dirty windows lead to poor view
3. Drottningholm
4 Archipelago Islands

Before I went to sweden I wanted to see Lake Marlan but information was so poor (even on google I just allocated it one day on my time table) When I got there even the tourist information desk did not know too much. One of the tour company their time table changes a lot form mar to April then to May to June .... still having not found my trip to Lake Marlan I decided to go on the thousand island tour only to find it does not start till end of June as with another one I wanted to go on. There are 3 main boat companies do you research and check dates and times other wise you could end up disappointed like me

Rotterdam
9 attraction reviews
“I wouldn't call them canals, but very nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Coming from the Netherlands, with the Amsterdam/Utrecht/Delft/... canals in mind, I would not call the waterways in Stockholm by the same name. That said, the water adds something special to the city.

Denmark
9 attraction reviews
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We bought a ticket valid for 24 hours and hopped on a boat and sailed around the canals. It is a great way to see the city and very beautiful, especially on a sunny day