“Comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Stockholm Slussen

You added Hilton Stockholm Slussen to your Saves list
Hilton Stockholm Slussen
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Guldgrand 8 | PO Box 15270, Stockholm SE-10465, Sweden (Södermalm)   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #32 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Very clean, comfortable hotel - everything you'd expect from a Hilton.
We had a sea view room, with great views over the old town. It was also directly above a four lane road and rail line, which I hadn't counted on. However, that didn't detract from our enjoyment and we couldn't hear the traffic luckily.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a sea view room, although this costs a bit extra. Check whether your room is above...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Had a three night stay for a long weekend with my wife. Booked through Expedia and got a decent rate, then got an upgrade on arrival. Hotel room is typically Scandinavian, very comfortable, plenty of space, and in our case, with a gorgeous view over the water to Gamla Stan. Breakfasts were plentiful, service was good, and the hotel is very well located to explore Stockholm.

Monchengladbach, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is both close to the old city and to the metro station Slussen. Nice and comfortable room, although kinda chilly . Did not have breakfast, but used the gym and it was ok. Receptionist also very helpful.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Steyning
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stockholm is one of my favourite cities and its a few years since my last visit. I stayed at this hotel which is two stops on the metro from the City Terminal station. Alternatively a brisk walk through the old town.

The rooms are very comfortable and quiet

The bar is busy and fun with a good team behind it even though heading into winter

The restaurant was good

Front of house were very attentive despite being very busy.

Very enjoyable

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Stavanger
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The smell in the bathroom was really bad, previous guests had written the f-word on the mirror (visible after a shower), the wifi in the room was almost non-existing. The breakfast area was terribly organised. Apart from that the hotel was alright and with a superb location. For a Hilton, this was a disaster.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Hilton Stockholm Slussen impresses in terms of location, decorations (really feels like Sweden with wood furnishings and architecture). The lounge is beautiful (but small) with a nice fireplace. It is a bit of a pain because you have to go down to the lobby from many of the rooms to then go up another elevator to the executive lounge...a bit of extra time but not too much extra trouble. The Service and selection in the lounge could be better but given the size, it makes sense. Also, there is construction going on right outside so my taxi couldn't figure out how to get there...5min walk fixed it but good to know if you are staying there anytime soon. Also, the restaurants and lobby always seemed to be loud and full which was a bit off-putting at first but the hotel was nice and quiet so didn't matter once we arrived in our room and left to walk the city. There are also few very nice restaurants within walking distance (Bla Dorren is excellent). Also, if you can get a room overlooking the river, it is simply beautiful from sunrise deep into the evening. These critiques are really nit-picky as the hotel is really great and i would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Oslo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was looking forward to my week at Hilton Slussen, and the check-in process went smoothly. Upon entering my room, 7006, the first thing that hit my was a very strong smell from the bathroom. The shower drain had obviously not been properly cleaned for a long time, and when it stays dry for some time, it starts to smell. We all know this problem from home, but I did not expect this from the staff at Hilton Hotels. Other than that, the room looked nice and I enbarked on my first night of sleep after a busy day. What I then encounter is a terrible smell from the bed pillows. Since English is not my first language I find it difficult to explain, but Ill try. The best comparison I can make is if someone did place a pair of smelly socks inside of the pillowcase for a couple of days, and then went on putting that pillowcase on the bed pillows. And Im not talking about a vague smell, Im talking about the socks of an entire soccer team after a match. The smell was so prominent that I had to place all of the pillows on the floor to be able to fall a sleep. Since it was after midnight I decided to let the reception desk know the following morning.

The next morning I drop by the reception on my way to the office. I politely inform the lady behind the counter that my shower has a strong smell from the drain and that the pillows smells even worse. She reassures me that she will tell the cleaning staff and that it will be taken care of promptly.

I return to the hotel that same evening.

The smell in my bathroom was then exactly the same as the day before, and to my disbelief, the pillows that I put on the floor to clearly indicate that they needed to be changed, was put back on my bed. I also noticed that some of the dust and gravel from my suitcase that laid on the floor by the door the day before, still was there. The room had obviously not been cleaned at all - the bed linens had just been put back on the bed and that was it. Some of the new towels I had gotten in my bathroom was also stained with small dark areas, and looked like it had been washed a thousand times and in a desperate need of replacement. This did not make me enjoy my experience so far at all, and I had still 5 more days to go.

I decided not to return to the front desk, but let the service staff show their competence without being told so.

Unfortunately this did not happen. My trash were not emptied during the last 3 days even though it was full of paper, and I had to lay a towel over the pillows in order to get some sleep. The lightbulb over the water boiler was also nearing its end-of-life and was flashing on and off for the last 3 days. This was not replaced by the staff....

I feel that I should end this feedback session with some positive experiences, and that would be the breakfast staff and the breakfast buffet. This is among the better ones in Stockholm. The location of the hotel is also very good.

Unfortunately, based on my stay this week, I can not recommend Hilton Slussen. Stockholm has a lot of great hotels, and for my next visit next week, I will stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: 7006 has a terrible smell in the bathroom. Queen rooms are in general very small. Among the smallest...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Stockholm Slussen? Share your experiences!