I have stayed in this hotel many times over the past 15 years, even before it became a Hilton property. The location is great, next to the metro station Slussen. It is central and you get easily anywhere you want from there. You can even explore many parts of central Stockholm by foot from there.
The view from the breakfast room, the extecutive lounge, the rooms towards the old town and Riddarholmen is great, I can never get enough of it.
Over the years the hotel has been renovated and modernized, there has been an additional wing for some years now ( the rooms there are quite small, yet functional, but without the charm of the original building and, especially, without a view ). The hotel is in constant transformation and I think in general they succeed very well in keeping the hotel up to Hilton standards. When I stayed there two weeks ago, I was upgraded to an executive room which had been renovated recently and I loved it.
I also had the impression that the staff was younger than before, very helpful and competent and even friendlier than in the past.
Wifi is free for everyone now, not only for Gold or Diamond card holders, which is a nice innovation.
As a hotel guest, you have acces to the gym 24/7. The gym is a full blown fitness center of the World class chain with everything you need.
The only really disappointing thing about this hotel was the breakfast for me. I used to love it in the past and I remember that until two years ago, it was perfect Hilton quality, actually, we were looking forward to having breakfast every single day. When I was staying there in February 2012, breakfast seemed a lot poorer, sme things, like salmon and other Nordic or Swedish specialities missing. You could order à la carte, but the only time I did that I was not overwhelmed either. This time I was really disappointed by the breakfast. At first glance, you seem to have everythong you need, but then, nothing is as good as it should be. The muffins wre quite tasteless, no cinnamon rolls at all, lots of other things missing, too. I did not even inquire whether the à la carte option was still available...
My advice: if you get a good deal for a room, go for it. It is a beautiful hotel and the staff is great. If you'd have to pay a fortune or if you'd want to go there because of the breakfast, think about it twice.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stockholm Slussen Hotel
- Hilton Stockholm Slussen Hotel Stockholm
- Hilton International Stockholm
- Hilton Stockholm
- Stockholm Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Striking Five-story Hotel located within walking distance of Old Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hilton Stockholm Slussen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.