“Good service with some small drawbacks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Stockholm Slussen

You added Hilton Stockholm Slussen to your Saves list
Hilton Stockholm Slussen
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Guldgrand 8 | PO Box 15270, Stockholm SE-10465, Sweden (Södermalm)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #32 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Otta, Oppland, Norway
“Good service with some small drawbacks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We lived in this hotell 19-22 Oktober 2012. We arrived at 2 o'clock, so we were said to wait 30 minutes - one hour, because check inn is at 15.00. That was ok, but when we came back we had to wait for 30 more minutes, without saying sorry or proposing coffee. Not very nice, especially when you are tired after early flight.

But in general room was nice and big, though the view was to backyard:(. Spasious bathroom with a lot of towels and cosmetics. Very nice was that the robe and shoes were included. I liked room service, choice of food was not very wide, but food was great.

Personal is friendly and the work is organized professionally.

Also, I would like to say some words about breakfast. Choice of food is good (though I missed salmon and potato salad, like we have in Norway), but most of it tasted nothing. Kjøttboller, sausages, omelett, youghurt tasted nothing. Personally I liked baked tomatoes, the rest was just ok.
The most irritating thing about breakfast is that staff is running around like crazy with proposing you orange juice. It was great quality juice, but I would prefer to fill my glass by myself. Coffee was good, even though I don't drink it:)

We got half price due to summer sale, so that was great. Because the usual price is maybe too high (my husband complained that the bed was not nice to sleep on if you have back problems:)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Peter E, General Manager at Hilton Stockholm Slussen, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and feedback. I agree that waiting for check-in when you have been given a specific time is not nice and I can only apologise for that. We should and will handle that situation better.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the room and bathroom and most importantly the staff and the service. In regards to that the breakfast "tasted nothing" I am a bit puzzled since it is the first time I hear it. We are regularly changing our offers for breakfast so I will have a word with our breakfast chefs to see what could have been the issue.

I do sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Peter Eriksson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Otta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel does pretty much what you would expect from a Hilton. Nice room, friendly staff, nice food. If anything, I was a bit disappointed by the space to store clothes, wich was used up by one shirt and a pair of pants. The food in the retaurant was also a bit pricey. Other than that, I have not negative comment,

Tip: If you want better food and beer, at much lower price, in an establishment with a really nice atmosphere, 50 meters from Hilton you'll find the restaurant "Blå Dörren"! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you ask for a room with a view of the old town "Gamla stan", you will have a much nicer...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review. I am happy to read that your expectations were met, albeit we would of course like to exceed them. I agree that Blå Dörren is a good alternative for food and wine as is many of the excellent restaurants around the hotel. We have just recently changed the menu in the restaurant for the season and I do hope that we will see you back in the hotel and the restaurant in a not to distant future.

Sincerely

Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Granted, we had the benefit of a Hilton HHonors program upgrade to a junior suite (with views!), but our stay here was fabulous. We loved visiting Stockholm for the first time and what's nice about this location is that it's near public transit and also many nice (some funky) shops, restaurants, neighborhoods, etc. Yet there's still easy access to "Stockholm north" via very walkable streets. The staff at the Hilton were great; we loved the exec lounge's evening happy hour and the breakfast buffet is tremendous. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Peteriksson, General Manager at Hilton Stockholm Slussen, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
I am absolutely delighted to read your posting about our hotel and Stockholm. We really look forward to your next visit to Stockholm and Hilton Stockholm Slussen.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Very convenient location in Stockholm, extremely pleasant staff from the moment I entered the lobby to the time I left. I was on business in Stockholm for 4 days and my stay at the Hilton Stockholm Slussen was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble, I was grateful to be upgraded (thanks to Hilton points) and thus had booked a cheap room on this expectation. The Exec lounge was well catered and the staff there were very helpful at all times. The in-hotel restaurant was not cheap but produced good food, well presented. I asked for a late check-out and this was granted without question. In all respects UK Hilton hotels could learn a lot from this shining example of the Hilton brand

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am especially happy to read about your positive mentioning of our teammembers. And, the phrase "a shining example of the Hilton brand" makes me proud.

Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here last August and from all the Hiltons I have been this is the best situated. Little caffes, museum and shopping is all within walking distance away. (And we walked with 5 -year old boy)
Breakfast was good and we especially like the fact that you could make your own waffle! Nice idea!
Only thing that really bothers me was the atmosphere.
I had a feeling like they wanted to take my money but thats it. Nothing extra. Usually in Hiltons the staff come to talk to my kid and asks questions etc. They make you feel welcome. In Slussen that didn't happen. They were a bit distant.
Recommendation to Hilton Slussen staff: Take a trip to Hilton Kuala Lumpur (or anywhere in asia) and look how they handle the customers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you appreciated the location and the breakfast. and yes, being able to make your own waffles has proven to be a success, especially with children. I am less happy reading your point about the lack of atmosphere that you experienced. This is something that we are working hard on achieveing and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occassion. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in the future and that you then will have a more positive experience in regards to atmosphere and warm hospitality.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Conveniently located in Slussen, the Hilton is perfectly located to explore Stockholm. It is a five minute walk to Gamla Stan, Old Town or 15 minutes walk to central Stockholm.

Alternately, take the subway (look for the big T signs). Cost is 44 kroner one way. Buy tickets at the co-located convenience store for 36 kroner. Save more if you buy ten ticket combos.

Rooms are basic. Beds are small but comfortable. Closets are tiny. Nowhere to put dirty clothes if on an extended business trip.

Ask for a water side room. Views are amazing.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sri Lanka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I just stayed here in Stockholm September 29th through October 1st. Not great I'm afraid. They have an aversion to a simple thing called service. I think it's a Swedish thing I'm afraid. The room was very small on the Executive Floor. The lounge was OK, evening cocktails serving australian reds and whites which was nice but it stops there. I wouldn't be rushing back to be honest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Stockholm Slussen? Share your experiences!