“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Stockholm Slussen

Save Saved
You added Hilton Stockholm Slussen to your Saves list
Hilton Stockholm Slussen
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Guldgrand 8 | PO Box 15270, Stockholm SE-10465, Sweden (Södermalm)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #28 of 160 hotels in Stockholm
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel only one night. I got there a little bit after 4pm. I was upgraded to an executive room. Since the moment I got there the staff was very helpful. The room it is a little smaller than the normal american hotels room. Beside that size the room was very nice, a nice view from my window tot he water and the old town. You are able to see the sunset, 2 bottles of sparkling water were provided, but if you dont like sparkling water, you can drink from the tap without problems. The bathroom was very nice. It is one of the best bathrooms I have seen in a hilton hotel. The decor in the rooms are very nice also. I had access to the executive lounge. you can have a small dinner there if you like. Alcohol is serve between 5-8pm. I tried the hilton breakfast in the restaurant and the waitress are always looking that you have everything you need.
The old town is a couple minutes walking from the hotel. Probable 5 minutes. The concierge was very nice in giving me information in how to get to places around old town, but you can grab a map from the hotel and it is very easy to walk around old town by yourself.
I got also a free drink from the bar complementary from the manager. Thanks!!! I went down to the bar and you can find a lot of locals getting together in the bar, so you dont need to go anywhere else. You can stay at the hotel and mix with the locals if you want.
Before I left I needed a taxi to get to the train station. I talked to the desk and in less than a minute she had a cab waiting for me.
In general this is a great hotel in a great location. Something that I was impressed was how environmental friendly the hotel is.
Thanks to the staff from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to old town
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

1,175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I had booked two double rooms two months ago and when we arrived reception said that our rooms are being cleaned. We went for a walk and when we returned they have replaced our rooms with a worse hotel, very far from the old city because they have made overbooking.

Stayed August 2012
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Was in Stockholm for a wedding and to see the city. Location wise the hotel is great, next to the bridge to old town so perfect to wonder by foot. Close to the metro too.

Rooms were disappointingly small with little storage space and shelving. Everything you need is there but it's all a little cramped. I had a room with a view, was worth it but right above train tracks, the openable window does a good job of blocking the noise out.

It's a Hilton, so clean with ok service, could be more friendly though. Breakfast was wonderful, with lots of local and international options.

If you will be in the hotel most of your trip, the small room may annoy, but if here to see the city, it's great.

• Stayed August 2012
Herndon, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I just spent 5 nights at the Hilton in Stockholm, located near the Slussen T-bana station. We used Hilton Honors points to pay for the room, and so it's not fair for me to comment on anything related to the value/cost of staying there. (In fact, given the hotel's high rates, we probably would have stayed elsewhere if we had to pay out of pocket.) That being said, let me comment on the following:

Location was excellent! It's in Sodermalm, just across the bridge from the old part of the town (Gamla Stan). During our nearly two weeks in Stockholm, we stayed at the Hilton Slussen as well as at another hotel in Norrmalm (near Stureplan), and we felt that Sodermalm was the more relaxed and residential. There are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby, and the start of the Millennium Tour was just a 5 minute walk away.

Our room was very comfortable. It was a nice sized room, air conditioned, modern and well furnished, with a nice view of Gamla Stan. Queen sized bed, flat screen TV, desk & chair, and modern and well designed bathroom.

Buffet breakfast was great! Our Hilton Honors status afforded us access to the breakfast buffet, and it was large and delicious.

Staff was very helpful and friendly! I haven't always found this to be true at all Hilton hotels, but everyone at the Hilton Slussen was cheerful and friendly.

Gym was large and full of equipment and machines. It's one of those gyms that also offers access to the public, but we never saw it crowded. It's got everything you need.

Bottom line--if money is not an issue, stay here and you'll be happy.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water provide a nice view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

First, the location was absolutely perfect. All of the staff we dealt with were so friendly and helpful. When we checked in the person at the front desk told us to wait since we were early for a better room with a view and he was absolutely correct. The hotel is very modern and clean. The beds were great along with an amazing breakfast buffet. The executive lounge had wonderful food every afternoon and evening! The location was within short walking distance of the Old Town and right on the river for access to the harbor tour (great to jump on and off at various sights)

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

A room on the Executive Floor with a nice view of Gamla Stan. Small but comfortable and the Executive Lounge was great. The restaurant had great food and the staff was very helpful and friendly.
Hope to visit again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I spent a couple weeks in Denmark and Sweden before coming to the Hilton Slussen for the last 3 days of my trip. I wanted top-notch service and facilities in a great area with an outstanding view, and I got all I wanted.
Granted, I did stay in an Executive suite corner room which ran me almost $600 a night, but this place definitely did deliver in every way. I can't say the same for every other place I stayed in.
The view was outstanding (but I made sure to ask to an excellent sea view), and the service was great. A couple times I had problems with their 'automated' minibar and their in-house moving system which spontaneously ended a movie I was watching, but they resolved these problems to my satisfaction right away.
The area is excellent, centrally located to a ton of things within walking distance. Do watch out for Old Town, however, as you can get ripped off there pretty easily and not receive great value, particularly at restaurants. Anyway, the Hilton Slussen did a good job of meeting my high expectations, and I expect to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Definitely call the hotel and tell them if you want a sea view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Stockholm Slussen? Share your experiences!