“H&M of hotels” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Berns Hotel

Save Saved
You added Berns Hotel to your Saves list
Berns Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Nackstromsgatan 8 | Berzelii Park, Stockholm 111 47, Sweden   |
Ranked #42 of 160 hotels in Stockholm
scandinavia
“H&M of hotels”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Here is the good part; Hotel Berns has one of the best locations in town and the breakfast is decent. And surely it looks good on pictures. If these are what matters to you, go ahead. But if you wish your hotel room would have toilet which wouldn`t stink due to bad cleaning (and run down works: black mould stains in the tile seams). Or the furniture wouldn`t look as used and worn as they do. Or the staff would be nice not arrogant. I wish I would have liked it, but when you are charged twice the prepaid breakfast or there is a fee when you try to reach the maid from the room phone - there is something very wrong with this place. Well actually it makes sense now that I think of it: the webpage with all the extra offers really did remind me of Ryanair...

Room Tip: The base noise from the nightclub was ok in the 5th floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
AnnaBengtsson, Manager at Berns Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We strive to be Stockholm’s best hotel and that is why we at all times appreciate our guests’ feedback.

Regarding the cleaning standards we always strive to ensure good quality that sorrowfully was not followed in this case. I appreciate therefore that you give us feedback so we can provide better service in the future. I can also happily say that just finished a face lift off all our rooms and furniture’s and that we have a renovation project for all our bathrooms that will be completed within this coming year.

I think it is very sad that you experienced us as arrogant and I hope you'll visit us again so that we get the chance to meet you in the best way, as we always get such incredible praise about our service attitude.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this review and I am sincerely sorry that we didn’t fulfill your expectations.

Warm Regards, Anna

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

A frequent traveller to Stockholm to visit family, I do not always stay in hotels.Having stayed at Berns for the first time on this visit, I could not have been made more welcome!. I simply cannot find anything to criticise, from the excellent location to the hotel amenities..not forgetting the amazing staff & delicious food. Thank you Berns for inviting me into your family!

Room Tip: Fourth floor.....Great views over city. Terrace Bar (Seasonal opening)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely feedback.

I look forward to welcome you back to the family,

Best Regards,
Anna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, lovely restaurant, rooms too small
Lovely hotel, great staff. Rooms so small I felt like I was in a ship's cabin! The restaurant and bar were lovely and the location great. Recommended and would stay again if i could get a larger room. Staff v helpful.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for you nice feedback.

You stayed in a standard room and for your information I can happily say that we also have bigger categories such as superior, de luxe and a big selection of suites

I therefore look forward to welcome you back to Berns Hotel to explore our other room types.

Warm Regards,

Anna Bengtsson
Hotel Manager
Sola Municipality, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were a group of 11 people staying for two nights. Most of our rooms on the 4th floor were so small we had to go out to change our mind. Not to mention the lousy bathroom. Not too clean and wet all over because the shower system was so bad. Don´t stay on the 4th floor!! The rooms were about 274 euros a night so one should expect much more. Nice breakfast in a magnificent breakfastroom. And have dinner at the asian restaurant the same place. Great food.
But overall a bad hotel for the price.

Room Tip: Do not choose 4th floor!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback. As you mentioned you stayed in a standard room and for your information I can happily say that we also have bigger categories such as superior, de luxe and a big selection of suites

Regarding the cleaning standards we always strive to ensure good quality that sadly was not followed in this case. I appreciate therefore that you give us feedback so we can provide better service in the future. I can also happily say that that all our bathrooms will be refurbished in this coming year.

I am very happy that you did enjoy our breakfast, and our great food.

Warm Regards,

Anna Bengtsson
Hotel Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I only stayed for one night here for work in Stockholm. It's such a cool hotel with a great location!
The decor was amazing. I had a single room which was like a little cabin. It was spotless and had real Swedish style. The most beautiful hotel restaurant venue too!
Staff were friendly. Great bar on the roof. Close to all the great restaurant and bars. Want to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Berns with work for 3 nights having previously eaten at the restaurant (which is very good). The hotel rooms are spacious and comfortable and the staff are helpful and knowledgable. My main problem with the hotel though is the nightclub which is on from Wed evenings onwards and meant that I all could here was bass when trying to get to sleep. The hotel need to make guests more aware of this when they book a room.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel was excellent for me ,as I was on business in Stockholm ,close to the old town. Great restaurant with a really nice vibe. Very clean great staff. I will definitely stay there again next time I visit Stockholm.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Berns Hotel? Share your experiences!