I had booked and pre-paid for a double room a month in advance of a weekend trip. After queuing for 15 mins, then checking in, I found the room had 2 single beds. After a long day walking around the city with a backpack, I quite fancied stretching out in a double bed (I had the room to myself). I went back to request this (I had to queue again), was given a new room, and found that this was half the size and had one single bed. Back down to check in a third time (complete with 3rd 15 minute queue), I reiterated my request and was told that a room with a double bed would be a 170 SEK surcharge, despite my pre-booking saying I already had this. I begrudgingly paid this, then went upstairs for the fourth time to find a room that had two single beds - same as my first room. Exasperated, I went back down to reception, queued again, and explained the situation was still not satisfactory. The member of staff then asked me why I wanted a double bed given I was travelling alone! I was pretty taken aback at this, but did keep my cool. I was then told that the only free room in the hotel that had a double bed was next to the bar, and there was a live band that night until 1am. I accepted this, and then, as the staff member was handing my fifth(!) room key over, he said he felt compelled to remind me that I was not allowed to bring back a member of the opposite sex that evening regardless of how late I got in. I was travelling alone, with my girlfriend back in London, and was completely insulted by this. It was such a bizarre comment to make.
The whole experience was the worst I have ever been treated by any business, anywhere, ever. At no point did I raise my voice or be rude to the check-in staff, despite having made 5 trips (with luggage) between room(s) and lobby.
The room I did end up staying in was loud, as warned, but until well beyond 1am. The included breakfast was served in the Jamie's Italian restaurant next door, but there was no information about this (the restaurant is a separate business at other times), which was confusing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at Scandic Anglais, next to the beautiful garden Humlegarden and in the buzzling square Stureplan in central Stockholm, you can enjoy fantastic and simple Italian twisted meals in the restaurant Jamie's Italian and relax in the warm jacuzzi after a hard workout in the well equipped gym. The hotel offers two bars with a wide selection of wine, cocktails and DJ's and during summer time our roof terrace on the 7th floor is open. All rooms at Scandic Anglais features cable TV with plenty of channels, bathroom with shower or bathtub, wooden floors and a refrigerator (exept cabin rooms), which you can make to your own mini bar. Some of the rooms also have balconies. As a hotel guest you have free access to wireless Internet in your room and public areas, and don't forget that the energizing breakfast is always organic and certified by KRAV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotel.de and TripOnline SA so you can book your Scandic Anglais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Anglais Stockholm
- Scandic Anglais Hotel Stockholm