“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mornington Hotel Stockholm City

Save Saved
You added Mornington Hotel Stockholm City to your Saves list
Mornington Hotel Stockholm City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nybrogatan 53 | Box 5197, Stockholm 102 44, Sweden (Östermalm)   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #30 of 161 Hotels in Stockholm
phoenix, az
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in early July and enjoyed it quite a bit. The hotel is located in a residential area, but within easy walking distance to the touristy areas. Public transportation options are within easy walking distance. There is also a grocery store about a block from the hotel and a Saluhalle where you can get prepared food from a number of different vendors. The rooms are compact, but featured a small desk and sitting area. The hotel provides wide selection of choices for breakfast. The staff was friendly and informative.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your kind review.

We hope you will visit us next time you are in Stockholm.
Best Regards
Jenny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great location, close enough to walk to Central Stockholm, very close to train to Central station and market hall (saluhall) where you could buy fresh foods and pre prepared meals that could be heated up. Compared to places in Oslo and Copenhagen, extremely god value. Breakfast fantastic and had lift,cooling and bar area. Rooms may have been a little small but more than compensated for by the pluses. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so thankful you took your time to leave your feedback.

We hope to see you soon again.
Best Regards
Varberg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I really like this hotel, the lobby is great with all the books and the nice friendly feeling. Bookshelf in room is a plus, everything nice, clean and fresh. Not very big rooms but they have all I need. Job meetings in lobby or restaurant is nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Ulrika,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am very glad you have our hotel as your favorite one.

We hope to see you soon again.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night before heading to Northern Sweden. We originally picked this place for the location, decent reviews and price. We also booked because our stay included a free dinner at the downstairs restaurant and free breakfast. The hotel appeared cozy and charming to me. There were books everywhere (the lobby, reception, and in the room) giving it a slight sophistication. The room was a standand European size, no complaints there, and I thought the bathroom was a good size, too. There were robes in the room, along with your standard shampoo, soaps, and toothbrush. The restaurant downstairs was pretty busy when we first attempted to grab a table, so we got a drink from the bar and sat and enjoyed each others company until they had room for us. There were lots of open tables, but I think they were limited by how many staff members were working. We didn't have a choice on our entree, the included meal was the chefs daily special, which was goulash. I was hoping for something more Swedish, and I wasn't impressed with the goulash, but it was included in the package and food is expensive here, so I wasn't necessarily disappointed. The breakfast the next day was more than adequate. There was a wide Swedish selection with plenty of hot and cold options.

While this place isn't luxurious, its a modest stay that I was more than pleased with. Our room was clean, had no smells, and was very close to public transportation and the rest of Stockholm. While I would like to try other hotel options, I wouldn't mind staying here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again next time you are in Stockholm.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for nearly a week in a superior room. The room was so small I struggled for a few minutes to work out where I could put my suitcase so that I wouldn't be tripping over it all week, and eventually opted for putting it under the desk. Granted, my suitcase was very large because I was travelling around the world for a couple of months. Thankfully I was travelling alone because there would not have been room for 2 suitcases.

Anyway, that aside the ambience of the hotel is great - it has a homely, Nordic feel that you won't usually find in any of the big-name chains. It is well-located, only 5 minutes' walk from the nearest underground station, and half an hour's walk from the old town and main shopping strip.

The breakfasts come included in the price and are reasonably good. I also ate in the restaurant for dinner a couple of times and the quality was good, if a little pricey.

The major thing missing from this hotel is a laundry room. I really needed to wash some clothes but there was nowhere to do this (not even the bathroom sink in my room because it didn't have a plug). The only option was expensive dry-cleaning/laundry service. This is a major downside for anyone travelling as part of a long trip or an extended stay.

Due to the size of the rooms and the lack of laundry facilities I would only suggest staying at this hotel for short periods.

I had a room overlooking the courtyard and it was very quiet. I also booked 2 months in advance at a discounted rate and so would consider this hotel good value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Priscilla,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. All comments are good for us to improve our service.

I hope you have a nice journey around the world.
We hope to have you as a guest next time you are in Stockholm.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and on arrival we already had attitude from one of the staff (with red hair) I think her name is Linda. Also we had to wait in the lobby for over 5hrs with 2 tired kids. We were not even offered water instead were starred at by the reception staff while they chatted amongst their selves and said our room wasnt ready... funny we saw them checking other people in. when they finally checked us in, by a lady whose name I think is eira, we were given no information. Just handed our keys with room number meanwhile we heard her speak with other people giving them information on breakfast times etc...My husband had to pull her up on this and said we dint like the way we were being treated. I am trying to be broad minded and hope they were not prejudice. Next morning before 9 room service came to clean which we politely said we were not ready but it made us wonder why we waited 5hrs plus in lobby if the rooms were cleaned that early...The staff in the breakfast area where very hospitable especially the elderly Chinese lady. She was really warm and welcomin.. The staff in the bar area were also welcoming and were happily giving us information on what to do. The bedroom shower gel was not replenished on 2 occasion even though what was used previously was disposd of. They also had sewer smell coming from the shower room. We complained on 2 occasions and once they sent someone to pour chemicals down the drain. On departure my friends husband also encountered rudeness from another reception staff raising her voice to him and causing embarrassment.He was so upset he had to leave there so as to avoid a scene.. the funny thing she wasnt speaking to him about what concerned him.We met another reception staff as well as Martinez who were quite decent in comparison to the others we had encountered hence giving us a different perspective. From my experience I really doubt ill stay here again especially as the staff had made mistake charging us an exrea night for a prepaid room and then refunding it with apologies and then asking us to pay again when we came to pick up our stored baggage to the airport. In total I did not have a good experience at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review.
I am so sad we did not lived up to your expectations regarding the service. I would like to get in touch with you, can you please send me an Email to jenny.henriksson@mornington.se

Jenny Henriksson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The location of the hotel make it a selling point, which is quite possibly the reason why they overlooked the rest of the necessities of any hotel - service and cleanliness. Not the cleanest hotel rooms (old sheets), and tiny rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are constantly working to improve our service and thanks to your comments it is possible. I am so sad we did not lived up to your expectations regarding the service and the cleanliness. I would appreciate if you could send me an E-mail with some more details regarding your stay. Please send it to jenny.henriksson@mornington.se

Jenny

Been to Mornington Hotel Stockholm City? Share your experiences!