“Not able to join” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Stockholm on a bike. Join one of our popular guided tours or rent a bike from us and cycle to the island of Djurgarden or into the city. We provide you with all you need, from maps, suggested biketours and good bikes. Visit us to book a bike.
Mechelen, Belgium
“Not able to join”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was looking forward to the tour based on the tripadvisor comments and because biking in a city with a guide is most of the time an unforgettable experience (as it was in Berlin).
Despite some attempts, we were not able to join the tour- was it because we had a Stockholm card? First day we arrived, tour was complete which is perfectly acceptable so we book for the first available spot 2 days later. Unfortunately, we could again not join and we were not the only ones because group was too large already.
My recommendation to Bike Sweden would be to work on their booking system or to announce that Stockholm cards are not accepted?

• Greek first
Clarkston, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable guided tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have taken several bike tours in Paris, London, Barcelona, Zagreb ...

It was an enjoyable 2 hour 300 SEK guided tour outside the city center which was a complementary to my 3 days within the city center. A little rough at the start. Our guide Kristof did not provide much guidance for the initial 10 minutes within the city which would have been helpful given that there was an ornery cab driver that initially tried to cut our 15 member tour group into two while we were stopped at a red light. The cab driver then emphasized his demeanor by honking at us. Learned some good facts on Sweden.

The big downer was the man who registered us today (Saturday August 24). I believe his name is Eric. He is either British or a Swede with a British accent. A little awkward registering for the tour with him. I sensed a some one upmanship from him instead of helpfulness. Hopefully he is not Swedish because the Swedes I have met during this trip have been helpful. I was relieved to learn that he was not going to be our guide. Otherwise, I would not have taken the tour.

Perth, Australia
29 attraction reviews
“Do not try to use your Stockholm Card here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This business is advertised as accepting the Stockholm Card for a two hour cycle tour. However when you try to book a place online as advised in the official guide that comes with the card they want your credit card number and try to charge you another 300SEK to book a spot. The guide also says you can book at departure. So I travelled all the way across the city and arrived 20 minutes before the tour and was told that I needed to book online and there was no way I was going on the tour. I called the number on the guide and was told that they have had this problem before with this company. What a joke

München
“Excellent bikes, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We did the 2-hours-guided tour on very comfy bikes. The tour was very good, informative yet good fun thanks to Theodora. Try to do this with the Sthlm-card (I think it's included).
Afterwards we rented two other bikes for 3 hours - excellent bikes (brandnew). Overall: very uncomplicated and friendly. Best wishes for the future!

London, United Kingdom
“Great way to see Stockholm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hired bikes for 4 days. Bike Sweden were very helpful recommending routes and places to visit. Stockholm is great for cyclists so saw lots of the city and Archipelago. Loved it.