“Quirky Hotel & Great Old Town Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victory Hotel

You added Victory Hotel to your Saves list
Victory Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lilla Nygatan 5 | Old Town, Stockholm 111 28, Sweden (Södermalm)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #19 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
London, United Kingdom
“Quirky Hotel & Great Old Town Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

To be honest, this is not the kind of hotel I would stay at, but I have to say I really liked it. The location was good - close to Central Station so great if you're coming by train from Arlanda, it is about a 5min walk from the station. I could only book a single room but to be honest it was bigger than some double rooms I've stayed in. The room was clean and comfortable, and the port/chocolates every evening was a nice touch. The breakfast was included in my rate and was the best I've had for some time. There are a couple of small bars in the hotel which were pretty busy and it's close to some nice bars/ restaurants (I would recommend De Svarta Faren & Pharmarium).

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
newbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spotless, bags of character, very well located just a few steps away from loads of eateries and nice shops, this hotel is just great. The free port and chocolate is a lovely touch. Staff were all very helpful and pleasant. The room was very nicely decorated and quite charming.
If you're travelling from Arlanda airport to central station taxis wait adjacent to the stop but unless you have lots of baggage or mobility issues you don't really need a taxi. It's only about five minutes walk to the hotel and very easy to find if you have a basic map from the internet.

Room Tip: For a single traveller room 404 if very nice. Ample sized single bed. It's at the front so some...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Okay, there are nautical items everywhere - I get the them and what the trio of hotels are based on. However lets look at the hotel.

We arrived early on a Sunday due to our flight- it was between 10.30 am to 11 am. Unlike earlier contributors we could not book in until 2pm. Fair enough if that is policy. We wandered around and when we got sick of souvenier shops we decided to wait in their bar which would at least be comfortable. "Sorry, the bar isn't open today". W also asked when the restaurant was open "Sorry, it isn't open today". There is no room service.

Finally checked in. The bed was lovely, and the bathroom was large. However, the sink in the bathroom was cracked, a tile was falling off the bath and as we found out the bath/shower/ jacuzzi leaked so the bathroom was always wet.

There was a small safe which held about two passports. The key was held at the main counter which we weren't told on check in so we had to go back and retrieve it.

We were referred to the hotel reference guide of which there wasn't one in the room. When one was sent up it contained a single sheet of paper.

The nightcap of port most nights was very acceptable. The small fridge in the room contains two bottles of water.

Breakfast was pedestrian for a four star hotel.

Quirky hotel but not the value we expected. Still a nice hotel but has issues.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Mats B, Ägare at Victory Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Terry5365,

Thank you for your review even if it was sad to read. I am happy to hear that you thought our hotel was nice, but had some issues. I know you arrived on a Sunday when our Bar and Restaurant was closed, but we can of course serve you drinks and lighters courses also on sundays. We also have roomservice, but for some reason the Hotel reference guide was missing in your room and we were not able to offer a new one. I am so sad to hear that we failed to give you our best attention and care. I can understand your disappointment. Regarding the room standard I am happy to hear you enjoyed our comfortable beds, the size of the room and our quirky decoration details, but unfortunately there were some let downs. The need of maintenance you refer to has been taken care of.
I have shared and discussed your input here on Tripadvisor with all of my staff to make sure that no guests in the future have to experience the same confusion and lack of correct information. I genuinely hope that you will book us again so we may get a chance to show you the true Victory Hotel and the service and standard we work so hard to provide.

Please accept my deepest apology and feel free to contact me directly to further discuss improvements and important feedback.
Tallinn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a good, romantic stay at hotel Victory which is in the old town of Stockholm. Nicely decorated "sea" hotel. Our room was nothing special, kind of expected more of that price and being in old town. Next time going to Stockholm chose something else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Twickenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great location, decor quirky and interesting, which was a refreshing change to the normal duplication of the larger chains - terrific place to stay.

Rooms very clean and well maintained.

Staff excellent.

Did not dine there (as located so near numerous restaurants of all food types) - but sampled a glass of wine in the wine bar - very nice place, although like most places in Scandinavia, wine is not cheap.

I would certainly use the hotel again if travelling to Stockholm.

The only slight criticism was my room was on the first floor above the wine bar exit so chatting smokers and cobbled street deliveries were audible - but no big problem.

Thanks for a great trip.

Room Tip: as above - don't go first floor wine bar side.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I loved this hotel. The location was perfect. I had never been to Stockholm, but the Victory was smack in the middle of Old Town (Gamla Stan). Also, very close to the subway station. It was not on the busiest of the small old town streets, which is good, but was right around the corner. The decor was ship-like, as in the old vikings. My room was a small single, fashioned after a cabin on a ship. It was small, but everything I needed. The bed super comfortable. The bathroom updated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good, in a room with exposed old building foundation that dated back to the 1300's...? I highly recommend this hotel and this area. I had to spend a few nights in another hotel in the outskirts of town and it was terrible (Hotel Norrtull - avoid this and this area at all costs). If you are going to Stockholm and want an authentic experience, the Victory is perfect.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. The Victory is a small hotel in the Gamla Stan old town of Stockholm. It has a nautical theme -- seriously -- every horizontal space (and many of the vertical ones) groans under the weight of vast quantities of nautical knicknacks. I think it works pretty well. My room was very small but comfortable for one person, would have been a challenge for two, even a couple. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Free pretty good internet and breakfast included...no hotel in Stockholm is a "bargain" but this worked pretty well for the price.

Location is very good, I was nervous about touristy Gamla Stan, but actually a pretty cool neighborhood with some good bars and restaurants, and also only a 10 minute walk from Sodermalm or the downtown area, plus the hotel is only 2 blocks from the Metro, so actually the location is pretty good.

I will only add one negative comment -- I was overall quite happy with my room, but my traveling companion initially had a room that was so small he traded, and his second room was very close to the bar and loud. Again, I didn't have any such issues, but you might want to take a look at your room when you first arrive in case you will want to switch.

Room Tip: Higher up is good if you can swing it
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Victory Hotel? Share your experiences!